Jay Williams as a color commentator | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Jay Williams as a color commentator

Reaction Score
Jay Williams has come a long way since he first broke in, he's always going to have the ESPN/Duke baggage but I've got confidence that he'll continue to improve, as has been pointed out he did do his homework, and despite what some have said he DID acknowledge Castle being out and put the Huskies firmly in the threat to repeat category. Besides, it was Goodman who clownishly claimed IUs starting 5 compared with UConn's...and that loser has doubled down since yesterday's game
Duke baggage? He said if he had a son that was a player he would want him to go to UConn. He also said he wanted to go to UConn. What more do you guys want from him?

Reaction Score
Came back to this thread for those that can’t stand annoying analysts who drone on and on instead of calling the game…

My ESPNU was glitchy tonight. Seemed to be a “me” problem since nobody on the chat mentioned it. So, I streamed the game on the Spanish telecast. I gotta say, this was much better than watching the game on mute. I had no idea what the announcers were saying so it was easy to tune them out (although they did get a bit over excited for a block or dunk) but you don’t lose the sounds of the game, the crowd and you can hear the PA announcers. Something to try again in the future…

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When ESPN was running the promos for the other in-season tourney at Maui and Bahamas I kept thinking I take Dykes over Bilas or Williams every time as the color announcer.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Williams also said he would be comfortable playing for Hurley and he would be comfortable sending his son to play for Hurley. Very high praise.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Bill Walton is in Looney Tunes land!
Watching this Kansas game is painful with Walton drooling all over Kansas even when the game was within 5 points. If we are healthy, we are beating Kansas.
“I’ve never seen a Kansas team or player play selfish ball” - Bill Walton. LOL.

Reaction Score
Unless yesterday was a one-off disaster(I was at the game) I don't get what issue you guys have with him other than being a Dukie. I thought he was great tonight and that's my first time hearing him do color commentary.

Tonight was night and day. He had some really bizarre monologues last night about Bob Knight and NIL. And how we basically need more hard nosed, aggressive type coaches. The idea that he (or ESPN) hate us is dumb. A lot of the pushback was because he was going 4-5 possessions without mentioning anything happening on the floor.

Reaction Score
Tonight was night and day. He had some really bizarre monologues last night about Bob Knight and NIL. And how we basically need more hard nosed, aggressive type coaches. The idea that he (or ESPN) hate us is dumb. A lot of the pushback was because he was going 4-5 possessions without mentioning anything happening on the floor.
Absolutely, he was ALL. OVER. THE. PLACE. last night. And then there was the "wordy with words" line.

Reaction Score
They ran the same commercial over and over all night. Jeez!

Reaction Score
maybe all the complimentary comments about UConn made his other blather less offensive.
Ding! Ding! Ding! He really laid it on thick tonight with the Uconn love. He definitely got word from somebody somewhere. Im not a fan but i dont mind him doing our games. His almost went to Uconn story i kind of weird. He makes it seem like he really wants people to know this story as if to get cool points with the fan base or something. No real issue just kind of weird to keep mentioning it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Came back to this thread for those that can’t stand annoying analysts who drone on and on instead of calling the game…

My ESPNU was glitchy tonight. Seemed to be a “me” problem since nobody on the chat mentioned it. So, I streamed the game on the Spanish telecast. I gotta say, this was much better than watching the game on mute. I had no idea what the announcers were saying so it was easy to tune them out (although they did get a bit over excited for a block or dunk) but you don’t lose the sounds of the game, the crowd and you can hear the PA announcers. Something to try again in the future…
Goaaaaaaal!

Reaction Score
Williams also said he would be comfortable playing for Hurley and he would be comfortable sending his son to play for Hurley. Very high praise.
Like a recruiting commercial. Unfortunately all the kids probably have no idea who Jay Williams is.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Was it me or did he call our former Mali center #21, as Adam ?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just wondering if anyone else was as annoyed with him as I was. Holy crap, stop talking already! Let the game breathe. I'm putting the game on mute tomorrow night.

Did Calhoun really take Tony Robertson over him? Hard to believe that.
Yeah, watching the replay now. He's not good. That nonsense about Tony Robertson is ridiculous. Is it possible Tony Robertson committed before Jay Williams ? Sure. But Jay Williams was a McDs AA. The idea that he didn't go to UConn because they took Robertson is laughably stupid. That 2000 team NEEDED another PG, so there was absolutely playing time for Jay Williams on the defending national champs. Silly. Nevermind that Duke has been stockpiling McDs AAs for twenty plus years.

Reaction Score
He taught me a new word in the nightcap. Louisville was "laxadaisical" getting back on defense.

But here's some reality for you, Jay: Jim Calhoun would have taken anyone with a pulse ahead of you. He knew a self-involved volleyball-playing diva when he saw one.

Anyway, what do you care? You were always going to take the bag of money from Puke University.
Man....... J. Will was THE TRUTH at puke, we can't take that from him....I can live without his tv presence tho.
The "laxa" instead of "lacka"...LOL!!! is purely pronunciation I find myself saying it the same way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom