Jay Williams as a color commentator | The Boneyard

Jay Williams as a color commentator

Reaction Score
Just wondering if anyone else was as annoyed with him as I was. Holy crap, stop talking already! Let the game breathe. I'm putting the game on mute tomorrow night.

Did Calhoun really take Tony Robertson over him? Hard to believe that.

Was it he or Ravech that mentioned Clingan "is driving around in a Rolls Royce"? A friend of mine texts me saying, "Clingan has a Rolls Royce? Wtf." Totally stupid comment that gives everyone watching a bad impression of Clingan that couldn't be further from the way Clingan is. As everyone who read that very long article in the New Haven Register written by Mike Anthony knows, that's not the story. Clingan was in LA with other UConn athletes to kick off Marc D'Amelio's NIL collective. He and Victor Rosa wanted to go to a mall and were going to Uber there. D'Amelio throws Clingan the keys to a convertible Rolls Royce coupe and tells them to take that.

It's hard to believe everything commentators say.

Reaction Score
Just wondering if anyone else was as annoyed with him as I was. Holy crap, stop talking already! Let the game breathe. I'm putting the game on mute tomorrow night.

Did Calhoun really take Tony Robertson over him? Hard to believe that.

Was it he or Ravech that mentioned Clingan "is driving around in a Rolls Royce"? A friend of mine texts me saying, "Clingan has a Rolls Royce? Wtf." Totally stupid comment that gives everyone watching a bad impression of Clingan that couldn't be further from the way Clingan is. As everyone who read that very long article in the New Haven Register written by Mike Anthony knows, that's not the story. Clingan was in LA with other UConn athletes to kick off Marc D'Amelio's NIL collective. He and Victor Rosa wanted to go to a mall and were going to Uber there. D'Amelio throws Clingan the keys to a convertible Rolls Royce coupe and tells them to take that.

It's hard to believe everything commentators say.
Yeah doesn't Clingan have a NIL with an auto dealer in Bristol... his dad was on spaces and mentioned that pretty sure he has a KIA or something like that ... announcers with dogshit today JW is a Duke guy so he is always going to have some animosity against UConn

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Talked too much but:

1) He did his homework. Knew the strengths & weaknesses of the players on both teams.
2) Did a great job of calling out both what happened and what should have happened.
3) Had legit chemistry with Ravech.

As he gets more reps he'll learn to let the game breathe a little more. All-in-all, though, that is an excellent pairing for college ball. Made the game feel big IMO.

Reaction Score
Williams had way too much “me” and “my”. It was “my” recruiting, “my” wife wet to Indiana, too many stories about him that were not really game related. Need to make points and be comfortable w/ silence. The fan-like reactions, mostly pro-Indiana were not professional.

Reaction Score
When Jay Williams was at Duke, Dick Vitale said he was the best point guard in the country, college or pro. That was the kind of garbage we had to listen to when Vitale was using his on air position to recruit for Coach K.

Reaction Score
He was awful today. And his comment about the crowd feeling more red was interesting considering uconn outnumbered IU fans
I’d love confirmation on this from folks who were at MSG. Were they all IU fans, or were some Texas and Louisville fans just hating on UConn and rooting for an easier potential opponent?

Reaction Score
Yeah doesn't Clingan have a NIL with an auto dealer in Bristol... his dad was on spaces and mentioned that pretty sure he has a KIA or something like that ... announcers with dogshit today JW is a Duke guy so he is always going to have some animosity against UConn
Clingan has a pick up truck

Reaction Score
Seems weird to me when people carp on sports announcers. I pretty much universally watch the game, and treat the announcers like background crowd noise. If anyone were to ask me what the guy just said, 90% of the time I couldn’t tell you.

Reaction Score
He taught me a new word in the nightcap. Louisville was "laxadaisical" getting back on defense.

But here's some reality for you, Jay: Jim Calhoun would have taken anyone with a pulse ahead of you. He knew a self-involved volleyball-playing diva when he saw one.

Anyway, what do you care? You were always going to take the bag of money from Puke University.

Reaction Score
His attempt to discuss Bob Knight was cringey at best.
Talking Bob Knight, describing him as an in your face coach, then saying UConn has one too, Hurley Sr.
No mention of Jim Calhoun in that sequence.

If you just listened to announcers, you’d think Indiana was up 10.

Even talking talent, suggested Indiana is every bit as talented as UConn. But failed to mention UConn missing starting guard.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Talked too much but:

1) He did his homework. Knew the strengths & weaknesses of the players on both teams.
2) Did a great job of calling out both what happened and what should have happened.
3) Had legit chemistry with Ravech.

As he gets more reps he'll learn to let the game breathe a little more. All-in-all, though, that is an excellent pairing for college ball. Made the game feel big IMO.
It was cool that he was saying “they should do this…” and breaking down the game a little, but only did it for IU and every time something he said they should do happened, he said, “see, they’re doing what I tell them” which is top tier annoying guy behavior

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom