Jay Bilas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas

Reaction Score
"Gabby Williams is the most complete player I've seen in college basketball, male or female. She's fantastic to watch."
That's the quote.
That is the exact quote and came between 8:40 left to go in the first half and
"Gabby Williams is the most complete player I've seen in college basketball, male or female. She's fantastic to watch."
That's the quote.
That is the exact quote and came between 8:40 to go in the first half and 8:10 to go. It followed Jay's quote when talking about UConn Women's Basketball that said, "The most dominant college basketball program ever. Absolutely spectacular!"

Reaction Score
[QUOTE
So I am clear, Gabby is awesome and a 1st team AA in my book, not just the most complete player. And I am sorry, just still a little upset Pheese was left off top player lists because consistency and her ability to make it look easy should not be counted against her..[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm with you here, Gabby is my favorite player, and has been since she was a freshman, but Pheese's contributions to this team are amazing , and her being left off is a travesty.

Reaction Score
I will ask.. how many 5'11'' players in the country jump center?

I give up. How many?

That's the quote.

Well then I guess Jay has never seen Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Gary Payton, Walt Frazier, Magic Johnson, Bill Bradley and numerous others.

I'll forgive him this time for massive exaggeration in trying to bolster Gabby's case as one of the top players in 2017, which she is.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Well then I guess Jay has never seen Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, Gary Payton, Walt Frazier, Magic Johnson, Bill Bradley and numerous others.

I'll forgive him this time for massive exaggeration in trying to bolster Gabby's case as one of the top players in 2017, which she is.
He didn't say most complete EVER.
Listening to the way he said said it, I'm pretty sure he was talking about this year.

Reaction Score
He didn't say most complete EVER.
Listening to the way he said said it, I'm pretty sure he was talking about this year.

Well that's a horse of a different color. The first year Jay announced the women's championship I thought he was splendid - totally knowledgeable, articulate and honest. Sorry to see him go over to the men.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well that's a horse of a different color. The first year Jay announced the women's championship I thought he was splendid - totally knowledgeable, articulate and honest. Sorry to see him go over to the men.
I think what you mean to say is, sorry to see him go over to the dark side. So am I. However, our arms are always open to him returning to the true faith.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Have I said Jay just gets it? He just gets it. Now it's time for the next step. That's admitting that Geno is more than a living legend. He the GOAT, and should be consistently mentioned at least along side, and I say above, the names of Krzyzewski and Popovich.

Jay Bilas was always gotten IT from his very early assignments by ESPN. He has been and continues to be one of the best advocates for WCBB anywhere.

Did Jay say best player or best athlete? I thought it was best athlete. I, also, think he means in the course of his years as a professional covering the sport which eliminates many of those people have been tossing into the discussion.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I give up. How many?

I wonder if the "massive exaggeration" is due more from the fact that he's talking about their college games, not as pros, and that the women's game, and it's players are in a different place. Kind of an apples & oranges thing. I doubt too many had an opportunity to see Oscar et. al. during their college careers - except for NCAA Tournaments - as there wasn't a whole lot of TV beyond local markets. But if anyone can make the apples & oranges comparison, I think it's Bilas.

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas and crew talking UCONN women's basketball on College Game Day!! Would love him to call a game!

Reaction Score
Tonight, broadcasting the Gonzaga-St. Mary's game, Jay Bilas said UConn, since 2000, is the most dominant basketball team ever. And that includes UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom