OT: - Jay Bilas is done with Lavar Ball -- you should be too | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Jay Bilas is done with Lavar Ball -- you should be too

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The most disturbing thing about Lavar Ball is that some people find him funny. I remember a bunch of posters on this board saying the guy is hilarious. I can care less about who he offends or what product he's hyping but it's disturbing people find him funny, there isn't a funny bone in that guy's body.
I think when he says his outlandish statements about him beating Shaq and Jordan is hilarious IMO. Just because I know he doesn't believe that and people eat it up. I don't know if the faces he makes while saying the things he says are funnier or the overly sensitive people reaction to it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Don't necessarily agree with that. He doesn't have anything if there isn't all this hoopla. That's the only reason BBB is even talked about.
The hoopla is his way into break into the market IMO. Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour has made the barriers very high to enter but the idea is literally crazy enough to work. It's free marketing. Lavar and Lonzo are attempting to show the power of the athlete's brand. If Lonzo can ball out and have this company succeed it could be a blueprint for future stars to go with the same co-branding route instead of endorsement deal.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The hoopla is his way into break into the market IMO. Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour has made the barriers very high to enter but the idea is literally crazy enough to work. It's free marketing. Lavar and Lonzo are attempting to show the power of the athlete's brand. If Lonzo can ball out and have this company succeed it could be a blueprint for future stars to go with the same co-branding route instead of endorsement deal.

Yes, I get ya, but my point is their blue-print is predicated on having a Lavar Ball promoter get the kid known. So, not only does the kid have to be an elite player, but he's got to have a carnival barker at his side to make him a household name.

It's not like BBB working is going to help out the next kid. Cause nobody will know who he is anyway. jmo

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes, I get ya, but my point is their blue-print is predicated on having a Lavar Ball promoter get the kid known. So, not only does the kid have to be an elite player, but he's got to have a carnival barker at his side to make him a household name.

It's not like BBB working is going to help out the next kid. Cause nobody will know who he is anyway. jmo
I see what you're saying and I agree that's whats happening. But it could have a similar affect to when contract first started signing those short term deals to keep him flexible and making the most money. Once other players saw it they followed. The great ones coming in the league with John Wall, Derrick Rose, Lebron, etc hype could go the co-branding route instead of endorsement if they have the desire and leverage too.

I hope, if BBB does succeed and becomes an endorsement company at the level of Nike, Adidas, and UA in basketball, that they really instill their "brand" message into their company. Give athletes these same co-branding deals you were talking about that come after them.

Reaction Score
Please, he's a total idiot what's funny about this guy? There's nothing funny he's a joke of a man. Just go back to the fact he took his team off the floor because of HIM. That's fair? That's ridiculous and totally selfish as we all know he is. But Jay is full of it too because why, he's right? Watch his kid who plays for him on the AAU team, it's all about his kid scoring and shooting and not getting back on D so he can get lay ups, and ole' defense but he won't get yelled at, another kid did though he made fun of a kid who walked off the court with some body movements. Guys a total D**k and bad for the youth he teaches and the game itself.

Agree with everything you just said so not sure what your beef is with my comment other than me calling out Bilas and all the other feminists out there. The point i was making was that LB has been an from day 1. But now that he came at a woman sideways everybody turned on him. Of course theyll say its alot of things but thats bs! If this was a male ref the back lash wouldnt have been as harsh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom