Javonte Brown-Ferguson to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson to UConn

Reaction Score
6’10” at point?
Yea he played point for most of the 3rd quarter iirc. He looks like a really streaky shooter hit some threes but also bricked one and airballed twice

Reaction Score
Yea he played point for most of the 3rd quarter iirc. He looks like a really streaky shooter hit some threes but also bricked one and airballed twice
Do u have the link to watch live? I keep trying to play the one posted here and it freezes 10 seconds into it during warm ups.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20191116-170526_Instagram.jpg

Reaction Score
Anyone have any stats for Javonte Brown Ferguson for that game? I couldn’t find any

Reaction Score

3rd quarter right now

Everyone should watch the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Great show of JBFs potential after playing the ENTIRE game.

35pt (not sure how the box score said 36 unless I missed a FT make)
14 REB (6 Def, 8 Off)
1 AST
15/17 FG (88%)
5/8 FT (63%)
4 TO
5 BLK
1 STL

Overall:
- potential potential potential. Through the roof, but he'll need time to develop. Great size and touch. Huge arms and hands.
-He showed up BIG TIME in his teams most important game this season so far. That speaks volumes. He absolutely won this game down the stretch for Thornlea--baskets, blocks, closeouts. Last 4 minutes of the 4th he obliterated RCA. Great stuff.
- He needs to have energy more consistently.. occasionally ball watching in the first 3 quarters. I think it could just be conditioning. When he is locked in he is dominant. 10mpg behind Carlton where he can just play like a maniac his freshman year while he gets his conditioning right would be perfect. To be fair, he played all 40 minutes.
- Athleticism is good, not great.
- Every game I've seen he's super efficient from the floor. I'd love to see him take MORE jump hooks and short jumpers. Some of those tougher shots.
- Pretty good passer out of the post. Teammates missed at least a few open shots off his high-low passes. One kid finally hit one late to put thornlea within 5 points. Needs to work on seeing the post up and pass option.. tends to only look for 1.
- Defensive rebounding hasn't been good in the 3 games I've watched. Not very explosive or playing with and edge under there. This game is showed more than the others because the opponent was more athletic. His instincts aren't great to rebound out of his area. To be fair, RCA did a good job scheming to pull him away from the hoop.
- Perimeter defense is not good. Borderline awful.
- Defense overall I would say has potential. Slow in his rotations, but that will come with reps.. Defensive rebounding and shotblocking will be the next big steps.
- Hands are pretty good, but he has a tough time getting open on the post up.. was a part of a few turnovers not listed because he didn't meet the ball with 2.
- Got a T called on him, not sure for what. Didn't have the volume on.

Reaction Score
Everyone should watch the last 4 or 5 minutes of the 4th quarter. Great show of JBFs potential after playing the ENTIRE game.

35pt (not sure how the box score said 36 unless I missed a FT make)
14 REB (6 Def, 8 Off)
1 AST
15/17 FG (88%)
5/8 FT (63%)
4 TO
5 BLK
1 STL

Overall:
- potential potential potential. Through the roof, but he'll need time to develop. Great size and touch. Huge arms and hands.
-He showed up BIG TIME in his teams most important game this season so far. That speaks volumes. He absolutely won this game down the stretch for Thornlea--baskets, blocks, closeouts. Last 4 minutes of the 4th he obliterated RCA. Great stuff.
- He needs to have energy more consistently.. occasionally ball watching in the first 3 quarters. I think it could just be conditioning. When he is locked in he is dominant. 10mpg behind Carlton where he can just play like a maniac his freshman year while he gets his conditioning right would be perfect. To be fair, he played all 40 minutes.
- Athleticism is good, not great.
- Every game I've seen he's super efficient from the floor. I'd love to see him take MORE jump hooks and short jumpers. Some of those tougher shots.
- Pretty good passer out of the post. Teammates missed at least a few open shots off his high-low passes. One kid finally hit one late to put thornlea within 5 points. Needs to work on seeing the post up and pass option.. tends to only look for 1.
- Defensive rebounding hasn't been good in the 3 games I've watched. Not very explosive or playing with and edge under there. This game is showed more than the others because the opponent was more athletic. His instincts aren't great to rebound out of his area. To be fair, RCA did a good job scheming to pull him away from the hoop.
- Perimeter defense is not good. Borderline awful.
- Defense overall I would say has potential. Slow in his rotations, but that will come with reps.. Defensive rebounding and shotblocking will be the next big steps.
- Hands are pretty good, but he has a tough time getting open on the post up.. was a part of a few turnovers not listed because he didn't meet the ball with 2.
- Got a T called on him, not sure for what. Didn't have the volume on.
Thanks, good work. Gotta love his efficiency. Sal could be able to turn this man into a menace down low and a future NBA player.

Reaction Score
Here's some thoughts I have from this game
Positives:
-He has the great post moves when locked in
-impressive stamina, played just about the entire game
- Although he missed a few left handers, he is comfortable using that hand, with practice it'll improve
-keeps the ball up high most of the time
-overall just seems like with body development and technical development he'll be able to utilize his length and moves more
-Didn't seem all that foul prone
Negatives:
-(biggest negative) Despite the rebound totals this game, he doesn't look like an effective rebounder yet. Most of his rebounds fell right to him, some were put backs. He doesn't go up and snatch rebounds often. 6'11 doesn't matter if you aren't a "go-getter" on the boards especially in college
-he looks at the basket when a shot goes up instead of finding his man, boxing out, and keeping an eye on the ball. Any good rebounder will tell you "the basket isn't moving, find the ball and your man"
-weak grasp of the ball, some passes he didn't handle well, when he did get a rebound or a post pass you still weren't 100% a defender wasn't gonna rip or punch it out
-his team plays slow, he'll have to work on his running ability to keep up with Hurley's fast pace offense
-Has to keep hands up more on D

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You have got to be the preachiest guy on any message board, ever. Enough already. Let people post their opinions without your constant chastising.

His premise is correct, whether you want to admit it or not. This team is not getting significantly better without an upgrade in both talent and basketball IQ, and that is exactly what 3rdbass was referring to.

If you want to give the guy a dislike, then just do it. Nobody needs to read your preaching for the millionth time.
Wow, an "any message board, ever" superlative. That's awesome, but I don't see it. Perhaps you need to read some more message boards. Plus, I'm way shy of a 1,000,000 posts.

I don't even get the "preach" thing, other than acknowledging that I do repeat on the theme that it's futile and/or foolish to wish guys to be gone *during* the season (let alone its very beginning), and I can't see where my being slow to adopt the month-old Dislike feature is so upsetting. But, hey, two years ago I think I ignored both you and him for your incessant complaints on that time's biggest controversy, so there's an option for you until I get the hang of merely Disliking...unless I choose to continue to use words to express displeasure with some posters in response to their posts that express displeasure with the players. Sorry to kill your buzz.

It's clear you're not the only person who feels the way you do. And yet the referenced post harvested a similar number of (mere) Dislikes. Not sure where that leaves things others than that you prefer that I post differently regarding my preference that some others post differently. I suppose that makes us both/neither right.

Vive la difference!

C

Chief00

You can start the game over if you want to catch all of it.

This would be a good one to watch for anyone looking. RCA generally has multiple D1 prospects in any given year.

Chief has been to several of their games the last year and they do have some talent.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Wow, an "any message board, ever" superlative. That's awesome, but I don't see it. Perhaps you need to read some more message boards. Plus, I'm way shy of a 1,000,000 posts.

I don't even get the "preach" thing, other than acknowledging that I do repeat on the theme that it's futile and/or foolish to wish guys to be gone *during* the season (let alone its very beginning), and I can't see where my being slow to adopt the month-old Dislike feature is so upsetting. But, hey, two years ago I think I ignored both you and him for your incessant complaints on that time's biggest controversy, so there's an option for you until I get the hang of merely Disliking...unless I choose to continue to use words to express displeasure with some posters in response to their posts that express displeasure with the players. Sorry to kill your buzz.

It's clear you're not the only person who feels the way you do. And yet the referenced post harvested a similar number of (mere) Dislikes. Not sure where that leaves things others than that you prefer that I post differently regarding my preference that some others post differently. I suppose that makes us both/neither right.

Vive la difference!
Head bang

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom