Javonte Brown-Ferguson on campus already | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson on campus already

Reaction Score
Where do you think he’ll go? He would have to have a nasty year to go to the league at his height
He'll graduate and have options. He may not want another year in school. Enter the draft, if that doesn't work he's definitely good enough to play professionally overseas. Of course he could choose to come back instead.

Reaction Score
Oh I hope he stays. And I think Hurley will try and sell him on that. Just the sense I have gotten is that he is most likely gone after this year.
Wouldn’t a good coach encourage what is in he best interest of the player? Hasn’t JC pushed guys to go to the league rather than having them stay for another year? Even if they were interested in staying?

Why’s it better for AG to stay in school after getting a degree? He’s not going to get any bigger. Do you think a grad year makes him an NBA player? If not, he should start making money IMO since that is a small window.

Based on his track record so far, my guess is DH is going to encourage what is best for the player even if it hurts the team

Reaction Score
Oh I hope he stays. And I think Hurley will try and sell him on that. Just the sense I have gotten is that he is most likely gone after this year.
Gilbert strikes me as a player that has a lot of loyalty to the UConn program, his teammates and coaches, and also as a squared away individual making smart and mature choices for his professional and personal future. If AG has a good season it is possible that he plays himself into some consideration for some NBA looks and could certainly play overseas.

As far as staying another year, if UConn, (now playing in the much better BIG EAST conference,) with Gilbert playing the point, is positioned to contend for championships, possibly being a top twenty team or better, he may by playing another season really improve his draft potential, as well as making the most of his opportunity to experience winning with this group of UConn players and coaches.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not really the same though because Tuck had won 4 national titles. Gilbert would have opportunity to be the alpha dog on a top 15 team next season, and to cement a legacy. Tuck's story was already written.
True, but she won them with Stewart and Jefferson. She would have been the Alpha on her grad year team. I n the end she decided that with notoriously cranky knees it made sense to use whatever mileage she had left on them in the pros. I have to believe that will factor in Gilbert's decision as well.

Reaction Score
Yesterday I spent the entire day lurking in the Javonte Brown Ferguson thread, then on my drive home from work this car pulls out in front of me...and i believe it's a sign from the basketball gods.

- NY License Plate (MSG and Big East)
- "Javonte Brown Ferguson" (Self explanatory)
- "2041" (Class of '20, and 4 > 1)

We might as well update the grid now...

View attachment 47358

Good Mojo. With both KU and T A&M having centers already committed for 2020, I think it's a good sign that he might end up here

Reaction Score
Good Mojo. With both KU and T A&M having centers already committed for 2020, I think it's a good sign that he might end up here
Kansas just offered a 2021 center today. Not sure if that has anything to do with Javonte Brown Ferguson.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t a good coach encourage what is in he best interest of the player? Hasn’t JC pushed guys to go to the league rather than having them stay for another year? Even if they were interested in staying?

Why’s it better for AG to stay in school after getting a degree? He’s not going to get any bigger. Do you think a grad year makes him an NBA player? If not, he should start making money IMO since that is a small window.

Based on his track record so far, my guess is DH is going to encourage what is best for the player even if it hurts the team
JC only encouraged guys to go into the draft early if he felt they were a lottery pick.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
JC only encouraged guys to go into the draft early if he felt they were a lottery pick.
That is accurate. However the salient point is that good coaches consider their players best options as opposed to what is the coaches best chance for winning. I know you know this but I'll be redundant.

Reaction Score
6F43EFBA-2E1E-4DBD-AB8B-FF170FE4F6CB.jpeg

can we expect a commitment this weekend?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
That's the beauty of getting Jackson and Javonte Brown Ferguson(hopefully) in the fall, it allows DH and UConn to sit back and hope a stud falls in their lap in the spring.
I don’t think Danny is the kind of guy to sit back. I think he’ll continue to full court press Cliff and hopefully Cam to swing one of them back this way. Heck maybe even Kadary. Only way he’ll stop is if the 2020 recruits tell him they aren’t interested. Other than that they’re all in play

Reaction Score
Yesterday I spent the entire day lurking in the Javonte Brown Ferguson thread, then on my drive home from work this car pulls out in front of me...and i believe it's a sign from the basketball gods.

- NY License Plate (MSG and Big East)
- "Javonte Brown Ferguson" (Self explanatory)
- "2041" (Class of '20, and 4 > 1)

We might as well update the grid now...

View attachment 47358

Grid needs to updated. Look what I saw
0FE9DFE4-170B-48F0-8D71-2EE05D8BB666.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members