2020 Recruiting: - Javonte Brown-Ferguson Announcement Date | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Javonte Brown-Ferguson Announcement Date

Reaction Score
Juan, a very common name in Latin America, Hector, pretty common in Mexico, don't hear it so much in Colombia. I assumed you had used some cliches to explain the Latin population but maybe not. I asked my Colombian wife and a few of her friends if they thought it was racist, they said no and, in fact, said "we say waaaayyy worse to each other." It is pretty classist down here, some of the derogatory terms people use to speak to each other from different social classes or backgrounds, yikes. I will say that I did not see your post as offensive, backed up by my wife and a few of her friends.

I would agree with this. My wife, who is Mexican, would also agree.

Reaction Score
I have voices in my head. They’re all speaking Spanish.
I just wish one of them would get a job.

They’re from Spain. If you thought they were from Mexico, you’re the racist.

~Daniel Tosh~

Reaction Score
I have voices in my head. They’re all speaking Spanish.
I just wish one of them would get a job.

They’re from Spain. If you thought they were from Mexico, you’re the racist.

~Daniel Tosh~
Eso es racista!

Reaction Score
Juan, a very common name in Latin America, Hector, pretty common in Mexico, don't hear it so much in Colombia. I assumed you had used some cliches to explain the Latin population but maybe not. I asked my Colombian wife and a few of her friends if they thought it was racist, they said no and, in fact, said "we say waaaayyy worse to each other." It is pretty classist down here, some of the derogatory terms people use to speak to each other from different social classes or backgrounds, yikes. I will say that I did not see your post as offensive, backed up by my wife and a few of her friends.
As a partial Hispanic myself, I also took no offense and thought it was funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom