Jasmine Lister's replacement... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister's replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think TLaw should get the job next.
I really wonder if she isn't reconsidering her future farming career just a little. She is so invested in the team and understanding the coaching and learning everything she can ... think it might be hard to just walk away.

Reaction Score
I think that our friend, DaddyChoc, is being criticized, quite unfairly, by some of the more stiff-necked among us, of unvarnished sexism in response to his simple efforts to analyze this employee's assets...though he may rightly be accused of grading on the curve!

Reaction Score
Thanks.
We all look at people and make judgements about them that are superficial and some of those judgements are about attractiveness - all very natural. In personal interactions we often compliment each other on our appearances - and we take pleasure in receiving those compliments - all part of our social being. When we are together with a friend we know well, we also may comment quietly about total strangers we see using superficial impressions - also pretty standard stuff and never likely to change. But if we were with a friend and they saw a stranger and let out a wolf whistle or shouted out a comment about their appearance I think we would be pretty shocked and question what the heck they thought they were doing.

Well, a public forum is sort of an anonymous version of that - it is not quietly between friends, but publicly between a bunch of strangers. We sort of expect it when discussing celebrities who trade on their looks as part of their 'brand' - to some degree they are making money by selling that 'look' - it goes too far, but ...

We are pretty protective about derogatory comments about superficial qualities of 'our' players, but a lot of folks don't recognize that what they consider complimentary comments about those same qualities can be just as offensive to others and or the players themselves. Having a friend say you look great is nice, having a stranger walk up and say you look great is pretty creepy. Players are 'public figures', but what they are selling is their skill on the basketball court. Coaches the same. Saying coach A is gorgeous, is just the flip side of saying coach B is ugly - neither are relevant to their job, nor appropriate to a public forum.
Thanks back- you totally captured what I was trying for here. Well said and well explained.

Reaction Score
I think that our friend, DaddyChoc, is being criticized, quite unfairly, by some of the more stiff-necked among us, of unvarnished sexism in response to his simple efforts to analyze this employee's assets...though he may rightly be accused of grading on the curve!
You might want to re-read my posts and that of UcMiami- both of us were trying to point out a different perspective, and if you think that makes us unfairly critical and stiff necked, well, I would beg to differ.

Reaction Score
I'm waiting for someone to ask if a certain poster's last name is Downer.I would but i don't want to be thought of as stereotypical.lol

Reaction Score
A

and what exactly does her gorgeousness have to do with her abilities? Her looks are part of the package, however, she is so much more than her looks, yes?
Where in the statement she is gorgeous, was anything said comparing her abilities.plain statement,she is gorgeous. KML was talked about being very overweight bla blah and that is what should have had your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom