Jasmine Lister's replacement... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jasmine Lister's replacement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A

and what exactly does her gorgeousness have to do with her abilities? Her looks are part of the package, however, she is so much more than her looks, yes?
Just stated a fact thats all! Was I wrong? Did I make a derrogatory comment? Was I being sexist? No for all 3! So my question to you is since you brought this up! Are you jealous?

Reaction Score
Just stated a fact thats all! Was I wrong? Did I make a derrogatory comment? Was I being sexist? No for all 3! So my question to you is since you brought this up! Are you jealous?
So you didn't intend it to be sexist, however, it sounded that way, to me. As a woman old enough to be either's grandmother, I am gently pointing out how this comes across. Jealousy? Really? That's your best comeback?

Reaction Score
To have a YouTube video show up in your post do this:
1) Click in the "SHARE" button below the video (see graphic below)
The bottom of the graphic shows the box that will open after you click the "SHARE" button.
2) Highlight (if it isn't already) the URL that is displayed and copy it to the clipboard.
3) Paste that URL into your post at desired location.
That's it! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Thank you, Java Man
The following is a video worth watching, gentlemen.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
No, it never occurred to me that DaddyChoc was referring to anything more than skillful wielding of a clipboard, but I just wanted to check.
no its her hops from the bench as the timeout is call... her lateral movement is amazing, feetwork (Shaq voice) is very Tuck-like

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Thank you, Java Man
The following is a video worth watching, gentlemen.

tumblr_leygrtnRTu1qzu18ao1_400.gif

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
In scientific terms, would you be so kind as to share with the rest of us the criteria upon which you analyze her job performance?
Not sure I can produce scientific terms, but I've been engaging in some qualitative research (repeated field observations) and I can state with great conviction that she is doing a great job of getting up at timeouts, standing away from the huddle and "scouting" the other team.

That I can tell you. Believe me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
To have a YouTube video show up in your post do this:
1) Click in the "SHARE" button below the video (see graphic below)
The bottom of the graphic shows the box that will open after you click the "SHARE" button.
2) Highlight (if it isn't already) the URL that is displayed and copy it to the clipboard.
3) Paste that URL into your post at desired location.
That's it! It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Thanks - more advice - how do you copy in Tweets? i tried a couple day ago and got zippo.

Reaction Score
So you didn't intend it to be sexist, however, it sounded that way, to me. As a woman old enough to be either's grandmother, I am gently pointing out how this comes across. Jealousy? Really? That's your best comeback?
Sounded sexist for saying a women is gorgeous, wow! By the way my 23 year old son ( Chloe graduated last year from Maryland she is about 23) said it to me about her and I agreed! He actually said the same about Jasmine Lister! I hoped you really read all the post here because if you had just go back and see what you missed and how naive you really are! As for her GA Job, Geno and CD brought her in to the Uconn family. There is no doubt in my mind about her abilities because of that.

Reaction Score
A

and what exactly does her gorgeousness have to do with her abilities? Her looks are part of the package, however, she is so much more than her looks, yes?
Did you know that 2 Uconn and 1 Tenn. players were picked in the Top 10 Hottest Female Basketball players in the World No.2 Swin Cash, No. 6 Caroline Doty and No.9 Candace Parker and IMO all 3 are Gorgeous!

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
First we get sexism and then mansplaining.

To be clear - if you're not a member of the group in question (female, minority, etc.), you don't get to say whether something comes across as sexist, racist, etc. And even when you are a member, not all will have unanimity.

Chloe Pavlech works at UConn due to her professional capabilities. The idea that a group of men - many very likely old enough to be her father - feel it's pefectly fine to devote a thread to her physical attributes and assets is creepy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

To be clear - if you're not a member of the group in question (female, minority, etc.), you don't get to say whether something comes across as sexist, racist, etc. And even when you are a member, not all will have unanimity.

Chloe Pavlech works at UConn due to her professional capabilities. The idea that a group of men - many very likely old enough to be her father - feel it's pefectly fine to devote a thread to her physical attributes and assets is creepy.
32830137.jpg

Reaction Score
Not sure I can produce scientific terms, but I've been engaging in some qualitative research (repeated field observations) and I can state with great conviction that she is doing a great job of getting up at timeouts, standing away from the huddle and "scouting" the other team.

That I can tell you. Believe me.
She's tracking the other team's subs

Reaction Score
Did you know that 2 Uconn and 1 Tenn. players were picked in the Top 10 Hottest Female Basketball players in the World No.2 Swin Cash, No. 6 Caroline Doty and No.9 Candace Parker and IMO all 3 are Gorgeous!
I'd be interested in how they feel about making that list. How one looks is a win in the genetic lottery, however, women are disproportionately valued based on looks rather than other attributes. I just wish everyone reading this post would think about this objectively-

Reaction Score
Sounded sexist for saying a women is gorgeous, wow! By the way my 23 year old son ( Chloe graduated last year from Maryland she is about 23) said it to me about her and I agreed! He actually said the same about Jasmine Lister! I hoped you really read all the post here because if you had just go back and see what you missed and how naive you really are! As for her GA Job, Geno and CD brought her in to the Uconn family. There is no doubt in my mind about her abilities because of that.
You totally missed the point...sigh...trust me, I am not naive, only trying to open up some thinking here.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

You totally missed the point...sigh...trust me, I am not naive, only trying to open up some thinking here.
Thanks.
We all look at people and make judgements about them that are superficial and some of those judgements are about attractiveness - all very natural. In personal interactions we often compliment each other on our appearances - and we take pleasure in receiving those compliments - all part of our social being. When we are together with a friend we know well, we also may comment quietly about total strangers we see using superficial impressions - also pretty standard stuff and never likely to change. But if we were with a friend and they saw a stranger and let out a wolf whistle or shouted out a comment about their appearance I think we would be pretty shocked and question what the heck they thought they were doing.

Well, a public forum is sort of an anonymous version of that - it is not quietly between friends, but publicly between a bunch of strangers. We sort of expect it when discussing celebrities who trade on their looks as part of their 'brand' - to some degree they are making money by selling that 'look' - it goes too far, but ...

We are pretty protective about derogatory comments about superficial qualities of 'our' players, but a lot of folks don't recognize that what they consider complimentary comments about those same qualities can be just as offensive to others and or the players themselves. Having a friend say you look great is nice, having a stranger walk up and say you look great is pretty creepy. Players are 'public figures', but what they are selling is their skill on the basketball court. Coaches the same. Saying coach A is gorgeous, is just the flip side of saying coach B is ugly - neither are relevant to their job, nor appropriate to a public forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog