January 2021 UConn recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

January 2021 UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She just dusted the 2 guys in front and behind her.
her quickness is incredible.....she may be short but she will create opportunities all day and be a complete nuisance on defense! Notice how at the point of her change of direction is where she dusted the other guys. This is the quick twitch.

I remember a certain guy I use to try to keep up with in HS. If we ran a straight 40 yd dash, then I was right there with him...but if we had change of direction incorporated, I just couldn't move as quickly as he could, no matter how hard I tried.

In addition, I would play quick players one-on-one and, if they could hit the outside jumper, I had NO chance. I wasn't slow but I remember how vulnerable I felt when a guy I was guarding was quicker than me...I would try to cheat to his right (assuming he was right handed) and back off, but no matter how hard I tried and planned, there is not much you can do to compensate for quickness.

That is why I focus on quickness and change of direction as opposed to speed. Speed is good too, but quickness is the most important physical attribute by far.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Thanks to Stoli for the heads-up on this. UConn has reportedly shown interest in a player named Imari Berry. Not a typo, that's Imari Berry a 5-10 freshman guard ('24) from Tennessee whose favorite program is apparently UConn.

The article noting UConn's interest is behind a paywall but here is a nice piece on her from last summer:

Reaction Score
Thanks to Stoli for the heads-up on this. UConn has reportedly shown interest in a player named Imari Berry. Not a typo, that's Imari Berry a 5-10 freshman guard ('24) from Tennessee whose favorite program is apparently UConn.

The article noting UConn's interest is behind a paywall but here is a nice piece on her from last summer:

Wow if she came to Uconn it could be an announcer's nightmare if she played with Amari DeBerry!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/15

Joyce Edwards: 36 points

Chloe Clardy: 14 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists

Reaction Score
Went to volnation just because I love to hear them rant after the GA game (I know that is bad, I can't help it) and they were commenting on recruiting. Someone mentioned Paterson and several replied that "people say she is going to UConn". Have we heard any of that?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Went to volnation just because I love to hear them rant after the GA game (I know that is bad, I can't help it) and they were commenting on recruiting. Someone mentioned Paterson and several replied that "people say she is going to UConn". Have we heard any of that?

Notre Dame or Indiana would be my guess but I have absolutely ZERO information.

Reaction Score
Hope that’s the case...her skill set is outstanding, and with a couple more years, expect her to stand out, even as a Freshman??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom