January 2021 UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

January 2021 UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Went to volnation just because I love to hear them rant after the GA game (I know that is bad, I can't help it) and they were commenting on recruiting. Someone mentioned Paterson and several replied that "people say she is going to UConn". Have we heard any of that?
Love her athleticism and skill set. Would be happy to have her

Reaction Score

Patterson’s game is actually similar to Brady’s. Both can bang inside, run the floor and shoot. With Edwards and DeBerry your frontline would be taken care of for quite awhile. Still think she’ll wind up in the Midwest though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Patterson’s game is actually similar to Brady’s. Both can bang inside, run the floor and shoot. With Edwards and DeBerry your frontline would be taken care of for quite awhile. Still think she’ll wind up in the Midwest though.

Patterson's more of a physical specimen and athlete. I think Brady's got the much more natural shot and probably even more efficient inside at the moment. But Patterson's athleticism and quickness allow her to make plays all over the court.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
1/16

Ashlynn Shade: 22 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 4 steals

Reaction Score
I can only hope Niele or anybody else doesn't take Patterson away from us. If we can get her and Barker to join Brady that we would be splendid. It would be a more stretched out version of Swin, Asjha, and Tamika in my eyes.

Reaction Score
I can only hope Niele or anybody else doesn't take Patterson away from us. If we can get her and Barker to join Brady that we would be splendid. It would be a more stretched out version of Swin, Asjha, and Tamika in my eyes.
How do you figure out how to spread the minutes between Brady, Barker, and Patterson? Draw straws? Of course they can all play together, as the 3,4, 5. That would be very versatile. However, I think UConn has some 2021 players that are going to take those minutes.

I have no clue where Barker could be going, but for some reason I see Patterson to Baylor. She plays so similar to Nalyssa Smith, and just got instinct tells me she ain't staying in state.

I hate to break it to UConn fans, but this class might be the class where you guys only get one recruit. I think you guys maybe could use another guard. It's not such a bad thing when you've recruited 4 and 5 player classes respectively the past two years, with both classes being the number 2 classes. Getting a big class this year is just going to lead to transfers, which honestly seems inevitable at this point.

Reaction Score

I don't usually like commenting much on HS kids, especially from highlights, but this kid is special.

Something I didn't notice before probably because I was mesmerised by her incredible quickness - like I have never seen before to be honest--- but this kid is built like a tank! She is super strong - upper and lower body. This helps her finish through contact and also create space to get her shot off. Her size is not going to be a problem.

I really hope we get her because it is going to be so much fun watching her play---it will be like a human highlight reel.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't usually like commenting much on HS kids, especially from highlights, but this kid is special.

Something I didn't notice before probably because I was mesmerized by her incredible quickness - like I have never seen before to be honest--- but this kid is built like a tank! She is super strong - upper and lower body. This helps her finish through contact and also create space to get her shot off. Her size is not going to be a problem.

I really hope we get her because it is going to be so much fun watching her play---it will be like a human highlight reel.
I second your comments. She is special. Her size will not be a problem. Lest we forget Lauren Park-Lane (Seton Hall) who is only 5’4”, but plays with ”no fear”, and torched UConn for 29 points in their last game. We couldn’t do anything with her and she knew it. What a world of confidence she got from THAT game! If #3 UConn couldn't stop her, who can?

Quickness is something you can’t teach and is rarely matched. I also would love to see her play in a UConn uniform for 4 years. I bet Geno wouldn't have to tell her to go the basket of shoot. Like Aubrey Griffin, she’d be fun to watch. Keep hope alive.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Love her athleticism and skill set. Would be happy to have her
She’s 6'2" and may not be through growing. She's at the top of my MUST HAVE list. She could be the “anchor“ of her class (2022) for UConn if they can land her. A three player class with her as the most important get. There are others in her class I would also love to have, but she tops the list. That being said, Fort Wayne is only 70 miles from South Bend (per Google maps). Her family would be at every home game, and she would NEVER get home sick.
Things to consider when narrowing down a final list of schools.

She's already in Notre Dame's backyard. Niele Ivey may not let her leave the state. No doubt they are putting a full court press on her, and recruiting her hard. I also would not be surprised if Niele sweetened the deal, and made her a "Godfather" offer. :eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I second your comments. She is special. Her size will not be a problem. Lest we forget Lauren Park-Lane (Seton Hall) who is only 5’4”, but plays with ”no fear”, and torched UConn for 29 points in their last game.

Quickness is something you can’t teach and is rarely matched. I also would love to see her play in a UConn uniform for 4 years. Like Aubrey Griffin, she’d be fun to watch. Keep hope alive.
The only way you can beat quickness consistently is to match that quickness. This kid is quickness on steroids. :)

Reaction Score
I like Barker as much as anyone but I have to think some coach at a top tier school is going to guarantee her major minutes as a freshman. And that wouldn't be UConn.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I like Barker as much as anyone but I have to think some coach at a top tier school is going to guarantee her major minutes as a freshman. And that wouldn't be UConn.
There are so many “special“ kids coming up for consideration for serious pursuit by all of the elite programs who all recruit the same players. You can’t get everyone you want, you just hope you can get 1-2 of them that can help your team, and maybe be a magnet for other highly ranked players of interest of your team, ala Paige for us.

Geno and UConn is still attractive to many of the elite highly coveted potential recruits.

Reaction Score
The more I see Patterson, the more I like her.
While I won't compare her to Maya (while Patterson has that confidence, she certainly doesn't have Maya's outside shooting ability...yet), her ball handling, confidence on the court, shot selection, both inside and out, not to mention a nice pull up, leaves me with sense her current ability is already at the next level...she simply doesn't play like a high schooler.

Reaction Score

Something I didn't notice before probably because I was mesmerised by her incredible quickness - like I have never seen before to be honest--- but this kid is built like a tank! She is super strong - upper and lower body. This helps her finish through contact and also create space to get her shot off. Her size is not going to be a problem.

Reminds me of CDROY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox