JAN 15th Rankings are out | The Boneyard

JAN 15th Rankings are out

Reaction Score
The Jan 15, 2018 rankings are posted on ESPN... 2018 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 11 - ESPN. Not surprisingly Louisville moved up to #2, but they didn't take any of the Huskies first place votes. ND dropped to 5... SoCarolina to #10.

Interestingly, Massey has Baylor at #2, whereas in the above poll they are #4 behind UConn, Louisville and Mississippi St.

Go Huskies!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone have Baylor SOS?? Both pre conference and conference??

I’m just not impressed with their scheduling. I want them to play a tougher schedule.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I’m just not impressed with their scheduling. I want them to play a tougher schedule.

Baylor's schedule is set, so you are not going to get your wish. It is what it is.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
.....I was just curious....

Well, we still get to play Texas twice, WVU twice, OSU twice and OU one more time. So the pre-season schedule was a snoozer but the meat of the schedule lies in wait. Also, TCU is looking to be no easy out.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

UCONN and Baylor truly have two common opponents: Stanford and OU. The UCLA game was so highly unusual for Baylor that it is hard for me to use that as a comparison.

UCONN beat OU by 24
Baylor beat OU by 22

UCONN beat Stanford by 25
Baylor beat Stanford by 24

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
Regarding Louisville and 1st place votes ... this will sort itself out on the court. No need for the writer's to guess, let the teams settle it on the hardwood!

Reaction Score
The Jan 15, 2018 rankings are posted on ESPN... 2018 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 11 - ESPN. Not surprisingly Louisville moved up to #2, but they didn't take any of the Huskies first place votes. ND dropped to 5... SoCarolina to #10.

Interestingly, Massey has Baylor at #2, whereas in the above poll they are #4 behind UConn, Louisville and Mississippi St.

Go Huskies!
I am glad to see

Go Huskies!
I am glad to see Louisville at # 2 and stay there until Feb 12. Uconn needs a # 2 at least once a year for a very good game and to pat their record which stands at 20-3 when #1 plays #2 or vice -versa. I also give credit to Jeff for playing a very goof OC schedule.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
UCONN and Baylor truly have two common opponents: Stanford and OU. The UCLA game was so highly unusual for Baylor that it is hard for me to use that as a comparison.

UCONN beat OU by 24
Baylor beat OU by 22

Stanford was UConn’s first game of the season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
This is the highest ranking ever for Louisville which is pretty neat for Jeff and the program - and ... how close they came to moving to #1 tonight!!! They will get their shot which is how it should be.

Reaction Score
Regarding Louisville and 1st place votes ... this will sort itself out on the court. No need for the writer's to guess, let the teams settle it on the hardwood!
Agreed...the reason I even mentioned it was that it was suggested several times during posts on BY during the game, and I believe by the TV Announcers. It was not an idea of mine...but rather things that others had said was "probably going to happen"...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
If UConn had lost last nite they are still number 1 based on SOS alone. Love to say it, even with a loss UConn is the best team this season in WCBB and it aint even close. Last nite is a perfect example of why. Texas played their A+ game and UConn didnt and Texas still lost. Perhaps last nites game gave Texas some confidence some belief and that will help them going forward but there isnt a team in WCBB thats better then UConn.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And it was Stanford’s second game.
Stanford was also missing both McPhee and Carrington when they played Baylor.

Baylor is going to get hammered by the committee on Thursday for its weak schedule. Everyone will be shocked much like they were last year when Maryland was low on the committee’s “reveal.”

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Stanford was also missing both McPhee and Carrington when they played Baylor.

Baylor is going to get hammered by the committee on Thursday for its weak schedule. Everyone will be shocked much like they were last year when Maryland was low on the committee’s “reveal.”

Does it really matter? Baylor has been seeded number 1 for how many years and still can't make the FF? Line 'em up and play whoever you have to play. I can tell you this, if they give Baylor and lower seed, some higher seed is going to wish they hadn't. It will be punishing the other teams, not Baylor.

I won't be shocked and quite frankly, don't care. The higher seed has gotten us nowhere in the past.

Reaction Score

UCONN beat OU by 24
Baylor beat OU by 22

You can never use point diffs for evaluating UConn. Geno almost never lets them go over 100.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
This is the highest ranking ever for Louisville which is pretty neat for Jeff and the program - and ... how close they came to moving to #1 tonight!!! They will get their shot which is how it should be.

I hope UCONN beats Louisville by about 30 points. I don't think the two player game is going to work against a Geno-coached team.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Does it really matter? Baylor has been seeded number 1 for how many years and still can't make the FF? Line 'em up and play whoever you have to play. I can tell you this, if they give Baylor and lower seed, some higher seed is going to wish they hadn't. It will be punishing the other teams, not Baylor.

I won't be shocked and quite frankly, don't care. The higher seed has gotten us nowhere in the past.
I should have clarified that I was just talking about this first reveal. If Baylor runs the table in the Big 12, or even if it loses one game, they'll still end up with a high seed. It just so happens that their OOC schedule won't help them any and their conference schedule is heavily backloaded.

Reaction Score
I should have clarified that I was just talking about this first reveal. If Baylor runs the table in the Big 12, or even if it loses one game, they'll still end up with a high seed. It just so happens that their OOC schedule won't help them any and their conference schedule is heavily backloaded.

Also, it's not like Kim didn't try to schedule a decent schedule for her young team. UCLA, Stanford, and Kentucky usually are all ranked all year long. Sucks we scheduled two them that are uncharacteristically not very good this year.

Reaction Score
Also, as much heck as yall give other teams for their schedules yall have to schedule good ooc schedules. If you didn't based on your conference you would be in MD's situation, your conference is a snooze fest. Granted everyone wants a try a the top dog. ;)

I would like to see yall in the AAC

Plebe

Reaction Score
Also, it's not like Kim didn't try to schedule a decent schedule for her young team. UCLA, Stanford, and Kentucky usually are all ranked all year long. Sucks we scheduled two them that are uncharacteristically not very good this year.
True. Kentucky's downslide has been predictable for some time now, but Stanford's not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom