James Wiseman ruled ineligible | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Wiseman ruled ineligible

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Do they have to forfeit that opening game too?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Anyone who feels bad for Memphis should rethink their position. Penny was hired, mostly, because of his relationship with Wiseman and other top recruits.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

So they were leaning towards making him ineligible, the school’s attorney leaked the information knowing that it would create public backlash, forcing them to have to issue a statement saying that he was eligible...

The NCAA needs to decide if they’re an amateur sports org or professional.... the rules they create need to apply to everyone equally. If Hurley had this type of a relationship with a recruit where he facilitated, financed their families move to Hartford before they committed that player would 100% be ruled ineligible.

Reaction Score
You left out he would be fired, we would lose ’ships, banned etc

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Time for popcorn. And a UConn game. Memphis plays him at their own risk right now. Ineligibility is retroactive when it does come down. We’ve seen UConn sit guys waiting to be sure, Boatright I think.

Reaction Score
I mean I’m mad because they likely stole precious for the same stuff but I’d be pissed if I was Memphis. No other P5 school gets investigated and then punished.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
The NCAA should be ashamed of their damn selves, they let Kentucky, Duke, and Kansas get away with murder. And they don’t do anything.This is steering 101. Either go to certain schools if you’re a Top recruit or face scrutiny. Zion, Bagley III, Kansas’s past 3 classes, and the squid gonna squid. All have stank on them. F the NCAA if Wiseman is ruled ineligible. F them anyway!!!

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It was 11 years ago. The kid was 7 years old and wasn't considered an eligible recruit at that time. The NCAA says you can't recruit anyone until they are in high school. Isn't there some statute limitations here. We could be in trouble here because Geno's dad help DT's uncle move to the states. The NCAA is ridiculous.
It wasn’t 11 years, it was last year.

Reaction Score
Whelp, think we all saw this one coming a mile away.

Precious regret not coming to UConn now?

Reaction Score
It was 11 years ago. The kid was 7 years old and wasn't considered an eligible recruit at that time. The NCAA says you can't recruit anyone until they are in high school. Isn't there some statute limitations here. We could be in trouble here because Geno's dad help DT's uncle move to the states. The NCAA is ridiculous.
It was in 2018

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom