James Wiseman Leaves Memphis | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Wiseman Leaves Memphis

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not true. Coaches at lower divisions pay for players. Easier way to climb the ladder if you cheat.

A couple of bucks out of their pocket sure. But those guys don't make any money. No booster network. No shoe money. No AAU money.

Reaction Score
I love how people think if he played for UK/Duke this would get washed away. It wouldn't. Those programs cheat but not this blatantly. If Coach Cal got caught paying for a recruit's home Kentucky would get hit hard.

The only difference between those programs and memphis is that memphis decided to "make a statement" and throw it in the NCAA's face for reasons no one is quite sure of. had they not done that, it would've been the same slap on the wrist they gave duke or kentucky. hell i thought 11 games, or whatever it was, was a slap on the wrist as it is.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He won't hurt his stock by not playing. My guess he still ends up in the top 3 at worse.

Reaction Score
The real move is to cancel all college athletics and go to the professional developmental program model. I think the only college sports teams are in the US and maybe English rugby. I look forward to the day.

I would settle for college "pro franchises." No sham students, college only for those who want it, the ones who don't get paid. All expenses are paid for by franchise revenues, none from the academic side. Let them have sponsors, agents, boosters, etc. Go wild.

Reaction Score
What an idiot. He left those class credits on the table like that?

Sad, but true. Now he'll have nothing to fall back on if he hires Antoine Walker's agent.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
He won't hurt his stock by not playing. My guess he still ends up in the top 3 at worse.

Yeah, had he not played he'd still have been top 3.

As I said, I hope he ends up a Knick. He is exactly what we need inside. His ability to start the break, stretch the floor from the 5 position, his passing ability, and his overall skill in general, is a perfect compliment to Knox and Barrett.

Reaction Score
Your post made me think of the die-hard UConn fan who always used to post here and then started saying he couldn't stand UConn bball anymore because of their unethical treatment of Ollie and announced he was pledging his allegiance to Ed Cooley and Providence bball.

Totally blanking on his handle, does anyone remember? His twitter was fairly creepy, it was all about him jumping on the Cooley train.

So, he's two for two. Liked Ollie and that blew up, and now Cooley's on the downtrend.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Your post made me think of the die-hard UConn fan who always used to post here and then started saying he couldn't stand UConn bball anymore because of their unethical treatment of Ollie and announced he was pledging his allegiance to Ed Cooley and Providence bball.

Totally blanking on his handle, does anyone remember? His twitter was fairly creepy, it was all about him jumping on the Cooley train.
His twitter handle is “pay Kevin Ollie” I believe.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Sad, but true. Now he'll have nothing to fall back on if he hires Antoine Walker's agent.

Lol can always go back to school. I went back and finished graduate after military retirement.

He'll make a cool 8-12 mil worst case. Change his and his family's lives.

Best case, he'll be a Knick legend, be worth a billion +, and win several NBA ships!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You saw yesterday's game?
You're putting a lot of stock in that game. A lot of it sucked. So what? It happens. Have a Snickers and weigh in mid-January. If you turn out to be right, the insight & upset will still be there.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Think it was champs9904

edit: I see what you’re gettin at
Didn't he win a date w/Skinner for writing so passionately in favor of the Huskies back when that was his thing?

Reaction Score
They probably won't.

The NCAA got exactly what they wanted out of this. The gave Wiseman an additional 3 games for the games he played. Both Wiseman and Memphis were very strategic with the restraining order. Memphis was specifically told to not use the NCAA verdict against him while under the TOR.

Since Memphis was a defendant in the case, doing so would have been bad legally for Memphis. (At least on paper).

Cheaters know how to cheat and get better at it. Memphis has learned from its many infractions in the past.
I still wouldn't be surprised something else doesnt come up pertaining to this class some time in the future.

Reaction Score
Exactly. You can play D3 tennis and keep your letter and pretend it's better than club for all I care. Big time college sports should be abolished.

Love logging on and seeing that the boneyard is having an extremely normal one

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Didn't he win a date w/Skinner for writing so passionately in favor of the Huskies back when that was his thing?
I don’t know about that. He was well respected in the Boneyard for a couple of years. Wrote long dissertations about games. Those of us who took the time to read them greatly appreciated his insights and effort.

His Waterloo was defending KO. You need to be strong in this forum if you take an unpopular stand. We’ve managed to soil Champ’s long johns and Chief’s briefs.

And some poster was so soiled he went from stairmaster to stainmaster.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Chris Mullin was on the local radio talking about this, and said: not everyone benefits from college, not everyone enjoys the experience, and there should be another path available. He doesn't believe that this will hurt Wiseman because JW is going to be drafted on potential not past performance. One of the interesting things about it was the hosts saying there isn't any film on JW and how would that work against him. Mullin responded that the private workouts and discussions are more important than any film. Moreover, JW's fundamentals are pretty good so his only concern is weight / strength and to be able to play against bigger stronger players.
Oh and if you want the ultimate in fantasy camps, Mullin is getting together with Hardaway and Richmond to run a fantasy basketball camp in March. Benefits go to the Warriors charity.

Reaction Score
The more I learn about this, the most I sympathize with James Wiseman.

Personally, I don't think the kid has done anything wrong and the blame should be on his people. They must have known that there was a real chance the suspension would have happened and in that case, might as well end up overseas like Ball and Hampton where he'd get PT and have less distractions to deal with.

When shady NCAA stuff happens, 99% of the time the adults are the ones to blame, but the kids get the brunt of the punishment.

Reaction Score
Good for him, F the NCAA hopefully he can use his platform to expose Emmert and the NCAA and tell his side of the story once he is in the NBA with todays social media, to help bring down the NCAA once and for all.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I wonder what the over/under was for the % of classes he made his first and last semester at Memphis: i'll go with 15%

Reaction Score
Imagine that. And Woop-t-doo. Who's next????? And where might they b heading???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom