James Wiseman Leaves Memphis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Wiseman Leaves Memphis

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He should have simply said Major D1 athletics. Nobodies going to pay for anything else
Not true. Coaches at lower divisions pay for players. Easier way to climb the ladder if you cheat.

Reaction Score
I'm struggling to wrap my head around why someone who posts on a fan forum for college athletics is looking forward to the day college athletics disappear. Do you hate your hobbies?
Your post made me think of the die-hard UConn fan who always used to post here and then started saying he couldn't stand UConn bball anymore because of their unethical treatment of Ollie and announced he was pledging his allegiance to Ed Cooley and Providence bball.

Totally blanking on his handle, does anyone remember? His twitter was fairly creepy, it was all about him jumping on the Cooley train.

Reaction Score
I am largely here for pizza recommendations from @8893 and the beer thread. I have been posting on the BY since 2005 or 6 and like a lot of the posters here. I just happen to think that college sports are a joke and the model is inherently corrupt and unethical. I still watch every UConn game because it's in my blood and I am a hoops junkie.
Your idea sucks

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Your post made me think of the die-hard UConn fan who always used to post here and then started saying he couldn't stand UConn bball anymore because of their unethical treatment of Ollie and announced he was pledging his allegiance to Ed Cooley and Providence bball.

Totally blanking on his handle, does anyone remember? His twitter was fairly creepy, it was all about him jumping on the Cooley train.
Rasputin?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1. Will the NBA stop making players who are ready wait a year before they can sign? And stop making colleges deal with this insanity?

2. Well, anyone who didn't think the AAC was up for grabs was wrong. We (now) have the talent to compete if we can stop having to choose between too many turnovers and controlling the turnovers by having the initial dribbler just force up an early shot.
#2 above is job 1.

Reaction Score
Can’t wait till they come to Hartford. Get too boo precious and taunt him that he got a bag doing to Memphis and... there’s a better chance we can beat them

Reaction Score
Can’t wait till they come to Hartford. Get too boo precious and taunt him that he got a bag doing to Memphis and... there’s a better chance we can beat them
They weren’t world beaters with Wisemen. They are good but not any better than anyone else. We could’ve beaten them either way imo. That would’ve been a game where Whaley was very important on the defensive end

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So Josh Carlton > James Wiseman as college basketball player.

Did not see that coming.

Reaction Score
1. Will the NBA stop making players who are ready wait a year before they can sign? And stop making colleges deal with this insanity?

2. Well, anyone who didn't think the AAC was up for grabs was wrong. We (now) have the talent to compete if we can stop having to choose between too many turnovers and controlling the turnovers by having the initial dribbler just force up an early shot.
You saw yesterday's game?

Reaction Score
When you look at the details of the violation there's no way a high school junior/senior is mature enough to first understand the nuance of the violation, and then have the courage to call foul play and refuse to attend the university all on his own.

The large majority of responsibility in this case falls on Hardaway and Wiseman's mother.
Here's a picture, interested?
E8E677C6-1845-403F-A393-114EAA0E8F5E.jpeg

Reaction Score

I can't remember his handle here for the life of me but here's his Twitter. Maybe it jar someone else's memory

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
This is the best move for him. Memphis doesn't deserve him anyway. He'll be playing for the Knicks next season I hope!

I was all for his fight with the NCAA I either wanted to see him on the court or get paid for the money he potentially lost by coming to college under the assumption he was cleared. They decided to not pursue it when the NCAA was willing to reach a deal with him. 12 games is a lot. Never make an open-ended agreement with the NCAA.

Memphis is probably an NCAA team but I don't see them as the favorites now. Let's go win this damned AAC before we leave it.

Reaction Score
This is the best move for him. Memphis doesn't deserve him anyway. He'll be playing for the Knicks next season I hope!

I was all for his fight with the NCAA I either wanted to see him on the court or get paid for the money he potentially lost by coming to college under the assumption he was cleared. They decided to not pursue it when the NCAA was willing to reach a deal with him. 12 games is a lot. Never make an open-ended agreement with the NCAA.

Memphis is probably an NCAA team but I don't see them as the favorites now. Let's go win this damned AAC before we leave it.

If the kid is the real deal hopefully he doesn't land on the Warriors. The Warriors could have a little 96/97 Spurs in them.

Reaction Score
I can't remember his handle here for the life of me but here's his Twitter. Maybe it jar someone else's memory

There he is, his twitter is so cringey.

Reaction Score
I love how people think if he played for UK/Duke this would get washed away. It wouldn't. Those programs cheat but not this blatantly. If Coach Cal got caught paying for a recruit's home Kentucky would get hit hard.
Well, why bother with parental housing or moves when sneaker or other companies, alumni or other boosters, etc allegedly enable no show and/or no work jobs for UK or Dookie players’ parents? For example, allegedly Duhon, Maggette, Williamson, et al? Shockingly, Hardaway screwed up. ;)

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
If the kid is the real deal hopefully he doesn't land on the Warriors. The Warriors could have a little 96/97 Spurs in them.

I 100% believe he's the real deal. The way he moves, his measurables, his overall game is insane. We need this guy bad!

Reaction Score
That’s definitely good for Carlton and Whaley because they both were about to get the business from this kid.

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
I wonder when the program is going to get hit.

They probably won't.

The NCAA got exactly what they wanted out of this. The gave Wiseman an additional 3 games for the games he played. Both Wiseman and Memphis were very strategic with the restraining order. Memphis was specifically told to not use the NCAA verdict against him while under the TOR.

Since Memphis was a defendant in the case, doing so would have been bad legally for Memphis. (At least on paper).

Cheaters know how to cheat and get better at it. Memphis has learned from its many infractions in the past.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Friarj?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom