James Bouknight | Page 6 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He isn't this year, but in two years Lamb became a lottery pick

Honestly, as much as I love James' potential, he's probably about where Lamb was at this point in his freshman year. Lamb blew up in March, had a great summer, and a terrific sophomore year before he was a lottery pick. I think Bouknight has a chance to be a lottery pick after next year, but he's got a long way to go before he's there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Honestly, as much as I love James' potential, he's probably about where Lamb was at this point in his freshman year. Lamb blew up in March, had a great summer, and a terrific sophomore year before he was a lottery pick. I think Bouknight has a chance to be a lottery pick after next year, but he's got a long way to go before he's there.
agreed. if he puts in the work and develops his game like Lamb did over the summer, he'll be a monster

Reaction Score
Undrafted?

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on here. If you think James Bouknight would get passed on by all 30 teams TWICE, you have no eye for talent or potential.
He’s not even on draft radar yet for teams. They have Mock drafts for this year and next and not that those are perfect they give u an idea. Is he on anyone’s top 100? He would go undrafted and a team would sign him after the draft. It’s happened to better players than him in the past. Plenty of kids with talent and potential leave at the wrong time and go undrafted.....grab a clue

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bouk may have inherited the best opposing defender for the rest of his Husky life.
Be interesting to see how this effects the supporting cast.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bouk may have inherited the best opposing defender for the rest of his Husky life.
Be interesting to see how this effects the supporting cast.

When Bouk is making shots, it'll definitely open things up for everyone else. We already saw it in, admittedly, a small sample: against maybe the best defensive team in the conference, in their home building, we shot 54% from the field the rest of the game after Bouknight's stretch of 13 straight points. Keep in mind that percentage doesn't include any of the shots Bouk made during that stretch.

Reaction Score
We all see this kids talent and potential star outlook but let’s grow with this kid as opposed to sending him to the league.

Reaction Score
We all see this kids talent and potential star outlook but let’s grow with this kid as opposed to sending him to the league.

I am not sending him to the league, but he will be there some day. Of that, I am certain.

Reaction Score
I am not sending him to the league, but he will be there some day. Of that, I am certain.
I think everyone agrees on that, just some people seem to think he could get drafted now lol

Reaction Score
Please stop, I was hoping Devland's post was just a one off.
My "get him an agent" post was sarcasm. Kid has one breakout stretch (not even whole game) and people are anointing him. Putting him in the class with Rip and Lamb. I need to see more. And no more off the court instances.

Reaction Score
Would like to see Bouk finish consistently and strong the rest of the year. Break out big time next year and to what RIP did and stay for a 3rd year. Not likely getting to the league and making money as soon as possible is understandable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Draft talk already? You want him out of here this fast?

Whaley has had a better stretch than anyone this season, basically averaging 10 and 10 lately. When is he going to get drafted?

Reaction Score
My "get him an agent" post was sarcasm. Kid has one breakout stretch (not even whole game) and people are anointing him. Putting him in the class with Rip and Lamb. I need to see more. And no more off the court instances.
This kid is the most talented recruit at least since Jaylen Adams ( that was for you haters) and quite possibly in the AAC era or more likely the 2011 class.
He reminds me a little of a smallish Rudy , or more likely Tony Hanson.
Shooting the 3 has been his weakness , He slashes so well you have to play him soft or he will blow by you ,which gives him better looks than a pure shooter like Polley. Him making the three is huge. Now if only Akok starts knocking them down
we will win the AAC tournament. That this team lacks talent is pretty ridiculous.
Its got young inexperienced shooters lacking only in confidence.
Its got outstanding quickness we just have to put it together.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Watching the replay Sals work is starting to pay off Bouk looks a little more filled out now than he did at the beginning of the year. You can see some definition now.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Want to preface my comment by saying I am a fan of his talent and believe that he is one of the keys to a better future UCONN team. Watch the video again though, and you'll see that he stepped over the Tulsa player's head(player on his back on the floor) and then as he stepped back over him to walk away, dragged his foot against the player's head. The tech was deserved and he seems to be a little edgy in the behavior department. I'm expecting (hoping)this will improve with maturity

Watch it again...JB's momentum carried him over the downed Tulsa player and toward the baseline. Visibly trying to avoid the guy, he pivoted to head back up court. The Tulsa player then squeezed his legs together trapping JB's left ankle, and the drag of his right foot came as a result of that action forcing him off-balance. Holding the squeeze, JB ultimately fell to the floor. How anyone looking at that sequence more than once could view JB's action as intentional is beyond me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom