James Bouknight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Reaction Score
to me thats the second time he's been given a technical because of something someone did after he did anything. I don't know what he can do to ensure that never happens, but I wish the calls would punish the person who took things too far rather than punishing a kid for being attacked.

But that double T was beyond insane, because it should've been an and1 to begin with. The guy tried to draw a charge and it clearly wasn't, but when contact like that happens you HAVE to call something. CALL THE BLOCK!

When given time to think about it, conference officials all year have made the worst possible call against us. We knew this would happen.

Reaction Score
When given time to think about it, conference officials all year have made the worst possible call against us. We knew this would happen.
There was definitely a verbal memo put out to them before conference play.

Reaction Score
I said I think it will come. But thanks for the attack.
How is that an attack? I agree with you and cited an example that supports your take. Anyway, I also think it will come. Take some medicine.

Reaction Score
Korita for Tulsa is just terrible, and we went right at him during that run. I have no idea why Haith isolated that stiff on Bouk, but he was basically throwing the game when he did.
I agree, that kid absolutely couldn't guard Bouknight. It was the same in the other game as well.

I don't think Tulsa had enough respect for Bouknight. He's our best offensive player and it just seemed like they were more worried about Vital and Gilbert for some reason. I just listened to Frank Haith's post game press conference and he kinda brushed aside Bouknight's performance as though it was some freak aberration. Heard one of their assistants on the radio give his scouting report of UConn and he didn't even mention Bouk. That was a mistake on their end.

Reaction Score
One of the main reasons he needs more shots is that he has such good feel that even when he misses I like our chances to score. He often puts himself in a position to get his own rebound. Reminds me a lot of Rip.
Yup, and the shooter is the first one to know that it’s a miss!

Reaction Score
Bouk finally wanted the ball. And then he took shots like he wanted to make them. Uptick in confidence for sure.

Reaction Score
Bouk love the game yesterday. Keep it up. Your buddy Gafney will be joining you shortly with all his talent. When you guys were recruited I was dreaming this would happen.Hope Hurley can put this team together like only a good coach can.

Reaction Score
I agree, that kid absolutely couldn't guard Bouknight. It was the same in the other game as well.

I don't think Tulsa had enough respect for Bouknight. He's our best offensive player and it just seemed like they were more worried about Vital and Gilbert for some reason. I just listened to Frank Haith's post game press conference and he kinda brushed aside Bouknight's performance as though it was some freak aberration. Heard one of their assistants on the radio give his scouting report of UConn and he didn't even mention Bouk. That was a mistake on their end.
Heath brushed off his outside shooting as a aberration they saw him as a slasher and played him like one.
He does get called for some of the stillest fouls.
That double T where he got tripped was the craziest call in a while.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not a game, but resemblant of his freshman year. Lamb was inconsistent, had the talent and scoring ability, but Calhoun struggled to get him going for the first half of the year. He picked it up in the second half with more consistency and less mistakes, and then when the BET started with DePaul he was absolutely lights out.

The rest is history.
After Calhoun benched him @ Texas he was a monster. His jump over the summer into his Sophomore year was insane

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Seriously Lamb made some shots but he was playing next to Kemba.
James has better all round skills than Lamb.
In 2011-12
Even with a backcourt of Lamb , Bazz ,and RB without Kemba their team went nowhere.
not his sophomore year. he was a monster

Reaction Score
That technical was work of pure bizarro genius. How does a professional ref make that call?

Bouk has the goods. He needs to get stronger and his game will explode. He put the team on his back and went full swagger-dagger mode.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Also, Igbanu was a joy to watch.
Funny how your definition of joy is spot on with my definition of painful.
I know what you mean. He has played amazingly well against us. Seems to have Carlton's number. But by the 2nd half, our guys knew better than to bump guys or try to block shots, because in every case, it was going to be a foul call. The one sided calls in both games against Tulsa this year were historically bad. In those two games, Tulsa shot 57 FTs to our 24. And in both of those games, most of Igbanu's first half points came from the foul line, then he went off from the field in the 2nd half, when we were justifiably scared of the stripey guys.

Reaction Score
Saw this coming a mile away, it was just a matter of time. Bouk, if he stays, will be a monster in the NBE.

Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see Bouknight and Andre Jackson running the wings together next season. I have a feeling James wants to experience that as well.

I hope he keeps taking confident shots and his usage continues to rise. He should want to be in first round conversations this year and plan to come back knowing he can be firmly in the lottery conversation if he gives it another year in the Big East alongside guys like Jackson, Akok and RJ.

Who else will Hurley bring the the Big East Party in 2020;)
For those that think JB is a first round pick. He has a long ways to go. Do you watch other games? Plus all the Euros

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
For those that think JB is a first round pick. He has a long ways to go. Do you watch other games? Plus all the Euros

"He should want to be in first round conversations.."

Reaction Score
Bouk is probably a three year player. He’d have to fill out quite a bit to go pro after year 2. He’d get drafted after year 2, but he shouldn’t go. He’s the perfect guy to spend three years in college, gain fame and bulk then enter the draft as a full blown national star.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Special game and especially that run how fun was that? What stands out on the offensive end is his ability to offensive rebound and read the carom he’s always around the rim for tip ins, put backs that 2 hander during the run was great. I was waiting for the shooter to show up sick of hearing the announcers saying they don’t want that shot when he takes a 3 as they believe he can’t shoot. Hope this was the one the he builds off of for the remainder of this year then a tremendous jump in 20-21. We’re lucky to have him for sure.

Reaction Score
This is the type of game that doesn't have me convinced he'll be here next year. Freshmen who average 15+ on 50% from the field normally go pro.
This is a huge overreaction, this was the kids first career 20 point game. He’d probably go undrafted at this point and end up toiling around the g league.....he needs at least a year just to be able to physically be an all league type player let alone an early draft consideration.

Reaction Score
Want to preface my comment by saying I am a fan of his talent and believe that he is one of the keys to a better future UCONN team. Watch the video again though, and you'll see that he stepped over the Tulsa player's head(player on his back on the floor) and then as he stepped back over him to walk away, dragged his foot against the player's head. The tech was deserved and he seems to be a little edgy in the behavior department. I'm expecting (hoping)this will improve with maturity
Stop. Yer kidding right ? That call was a joke

Reaction Score
This is a huge overreaction, this was the kids first career 20 point game. He’d probably go undrafted at this point and end up toiling around the g league.....he needs at least a year just to be able to physically be an all league type player let alone an early draft consideration.

Undrafted?

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on here. If you think James Bouknight would get passed on by all 30 teams TWICE, you have no eye for talent or potential.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He isn't this year, but in two years Lamb became a lottery pick

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Undrafted?

That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on here. If you think James Bouknight would get passed on by all 30 teams TWICE, you have no eye for talent or potential.
this year he isn't getting drafted, next year is more likely

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom