James Bouknight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Refresh my memory, what was the Lamb game?
Not a game, but resemblant of his freshman year. Lamb was inconsistent, had the talent and scoring ability, but Calhoun struggled to get him going for the first half of the year. He picked it up in the second half with more consistency and less mistakes, and then when the BET started with DePaul he was absolutely lights out.

The rest is history.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I didn't know there was at 15 and 50% rule. Wow, I thought there was more to it that that! :eek:
Ha, if there was Vital could be in the NBA.

Bouk reads the game so well. I think other guys are finally catching on to what he’s doing. Even now I see him get frustrated when he sees something moves where he needs to, and then the ball goes the other way. He will be an NBA guy but needs quite a bit of strength and consistency.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'll probably catch some flack for this, but that 3 minute stretch is something we haven't seen since Shabazz. He took over the game outside and driving to the paint. This kid has special talent. I hope Hurley can bring it out.

To be fair, Jalen Adams did that quite a bit. Unfortunately his supporting cast was usually much worse than this one.

Reaction Score
Bouk is the most talented freshman we have had in a long time. Glad to see him getting more shots and taking over a game against a good team. An important step in his growth process.

His putback that made it 44-41 was very important. It ended an 8-0 or 10-0 run by Tulsa and set Bouk up to go on an 11 point run of his own. The kid is special. All American potential if he can learn to stay out of foul trouble and become a focal point, a major piece of UConn becoming a contender on the national landscape again.

Also, Igbanu was a joy to watch. He reminds me of a tougher, more assertive Shonn Miller, and I really liked Miller.

Reaction Score
Aside from 3P% to this point, it's scary how similar their freshman year statistics compare.
It's been confusing to watch him miss 3s this season. His stroke is really nice, just hasn't gone down. I don't think it'll take a big change for him to start knocking them down at a much better clip - hopefully yesterday was the start of that.

Reaction Score
My only criticism of Bouknight is that he can be a bit of a ball stopper at times, which sticks out when he's not playing well. However, on this team, I'd rather have the ball stopping with him than with anyone else.

Reaction Score
What was that tech they called on him? His momentum carried him over that Tulsa player that tripped him.
Want to preface my comment by saying I am a fan of his talent and believe that he is one of the keys to a better future UCONN team. Watch the video again though, and you'll see that he stepped over the Tulsa player's head(player on his back on the floor) and then as he stepped back over him to walk away, dragged his foot against the player's head. The tech was deserved and he seems to be a little edgy in the behavior department. I'm expecting (hoping)this will improve with maturity

Reaction Score
He has the makings of a tremendous player. He has enough height/atheticism, ball handling ability, shooting, and scoring to become the main late game option. He just needs to develop consistency and the good kind of selfishness, where he understands when he has to take over a game. Guys like Rip, Caron, Kemba, Napier all had that uncanny feel of when their team needed a basket. TSaw it last night from Bouknight and hope it continues.

Reaction Score
Bouk is the most talented freshman we have had in a long time. Glad to see him getting more shots and taking over a game against a good team. An important step in his growth process.

His putback that made it 44-41 was very important. It ended an 8-0 or 10-0 run by Tulsa and set Bouk up to go on an 11 point run of his own. The kid is special. All American potential if he can learn to stay out of foul trouble and become a focal point, a major piece of UConn becoming a contender on the national landscape again.

Also, Igbanu was a joy to watch. He reminds me of a tougher, more assertive Shonn Miller, and I really liked Miller.
We sure could use Igbanu

Reaction Score
Bouk had a fantastic game tonight. However, hold your horses. Needs work on handle, passing and defense. Long way to go. He'll be back next year to get stronger and address those issues.
You do know he is just a freshman?

Reaction Score
Don’t even know what I witnessed tonight for that tear he went on. Just special. Bouknight might be the cure for the virus(losing culture) that has infected our team over the last few years. Appreciate Hurley playing him and risking him being a one and done ;)
While I agree, I still think he lacks the killer mentality and toughness on defense to be the true leader and guy. I think it will come. Cinci will be locked in on him Sunday so other guys will have to step up

Reaction Score
While he might not shoot 80% from 3 I think the torch was passed last night. Our best chance to win is if Bouk is the main cog in our offense. If he’s doubled others will need to step up and make shots. Before last night who did our opponents really have to game plan for. James needs to rev his motor every minute he’s out there because on most nights he could be the best player on the court.

Reaction Score
While I agree, I still think he lacks the killer mentality and toughness on defense to be the true leader and guy. I think it will come. Cinci will be locked in on him Sunday so other guys will have to step up
Ryan Boatright played horrible defense early on...he turned out alright

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Korita for Tulsa is just terrible, and we went right at him during that run. I have no idea why Haith isolated that stiff on Bouk, but he was basically throwing the game when he did.

Reaction Score
He has a little bit of everything (outside shot, inside adeptness, smooth quickness and a nose for the ball)- maybe he has the potential to be another #32 RH.
I also thought Whaley had an outstanding game, I really hope he turns it on some more.

I hate to hear idiots that bring up the one and done.

Reaction Score
The worse part was that they made that technical call AFTER looking at the review monitor. So bad
to me thats the second time he's been given a technical because of something someone did after he did anything. I don't know what he can do to ensure that never happens, but I wish the calls would punish the person who took things too far rather than punishing a kid for being attacked.

But that double T was beyond insane, because it should've been an and1 to begin with. The guy tried to draw a charge and it clearly wasn't, but when contact like that happens you HAVE to call something. CALL THE BLOCK!

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
I can’t wait to see Bouknight and Andre Jackson running the wings together next season. I have a feeling James wants to experience that as well.

I hope he keeps taking confident shots and his usage continues to rise. He should want to be in first round conversations this year and plan to come back knowing he can be firmly in the lottery conversation if he gives it another year in the Big East alongside guys like Jackson, Akok and RJ.

Who else will Hurley bring the the Big East Party in 2020;)

Reaction Score
We’d be lucky if he’s another lamb. He brought us a championship as a freshman
Seriously Lamb made some shots but he was playing next to Kemba.
James has better all round skills than Lamb.
In 2011-12
Even with a backcourt of Lamb , Bazz ,and RB without Kemba their team went nowhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom