James Bouknight | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Everything he does translates well to the college game. Should start immediately at the 3 guard spot.

Agreed. Reminds me of lamb. His athleticism is really fluid, good footwork and shooting. He showed A LOT of heart today--something Lamb didn't have for a while.

I'd like to see JB continue to improve his handles. It's a little soft and won't be good enough against elite D. He's improved rapidly the last two years; I'm sure he's working on it

Reaction Score
I was really impressed by him today. He played a lot more physically than I was expecting. Pretty crafty too, especially since he’s about 6’5. Good combination of smooth and athletic. Even when he wasn’t doing much on offense, he was all over his man/area defensively. He wasn’t shy about taking the big shots for his squad either.

Gaffney looked pretty good too. I don’t really expect him to score much inside the arc as a freshman, but his jumper looked good and he’s very quick and athletic. He had about 20 points but the game wasn’t as competitive was Macduffie’s.

Hassan Diarra was the biggest surprise to me today. He was really good on both ends. Going to be a hell of a defender though. As you’d expect, he’s very energetic and demonstrative like Mama.

Reaction Score
I was really impressed by him today. He played a lot more physically than I was expecting. Pretty crafty too, especially since he’s about 6’5. Good combination of smooth and athletic. Even when he wasn’t doing much on offense, he was all over his man/area defensively. He wasn’t shy about taking the big shots for his squad either.

Gaffney looked pretty good too. I don’t really expect him to score much inside the arc as a freshman, but his jumper looked good and he’s very quick and athletic. He had about 20 points but the game wasn’t as competitive was Macduffie’s.

Hassan Diarra was the biggest surprise to me today. He was really good on both ends. Going to be a hell of a defender though. As you’d expect, he’s very energetic and demonstrative like Mama.
You think Diarra is worth using a scholarship on?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
So skilled, you can tell he’s been working with basketball trainers/coaches probably his entire life. Catches ball immediately goes into triple threat position. Defenders hands down giving him any space he’ll take the shot, defender playing tight he’ll use a jab step to create space or blow by them looking for contact at the rim for an and 1. His use of the pump fake is also near perfect. He also follows up every shot looking for the rebound to put back. This is a kid with an extremely high basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
You think Diarra is worth using a scholarship on?
Depending on how many we have free for 2020. I think he could be a good Vital replacement. But if there’s only 2 open scholarships I’d wait for a while.

Langford is rated higher, probably due to his frame, but he’s a defense first wing in my eyes too. I don’t think it’s in his best interest to reclassify, unless he’d redshirt.

Reaction Score
Kumani Young with Hurley and Tom Crean over to their right.

I love these 2 kids think they’re tremendous players and great fits for the Huskies future.

Reaction Score
Game is on the baller Tv site. Streams a lot of Aau games.

Bouknignt is a top 50 kid in the country. Lots of similarities to Lamb both in his game,body,and body language. He has a chance to be an NBA guy. Love how he looks more athletic and added weight since July. Like someone else says uses a shot fake extremely well. Very refreshing to see that.

All that said he will need to play harder and guard better. Stuff I imagine Hurley will fix immediately. Also turns it over too much. And oddly struggled from the line in this game, but I assume That was a fluke.

Reaction Score
Game is on the baller Tv site. Streams a lot of Aau games.

Bouknignt is a top 50 kid in the country. Lots of similarities to Lamb both in his game,body,and body language. He has a chance to be an NBA guy. Love how he looks more athletic and added weight since July. Like someone else says uses a shot fake extremely well. Very refreshing to see that.

All that said he will need to play harder and guard better. Stuff I imagine Hurley will fix immediately. Also turns it over too much. And oddly struggled from the line in this game, but I assume That was a fluke.
Ive seen a few vids of him and he's very impressive. I hope a few years down the road and look back at him and say he was the first great guard Hurley got that brought us back to national prominence.

Reaction Score
Hurley spoke at a breakfast for the Bristol Boys Club this morning. I wasn't there but a friend of mine was and Hurley said he thinks Bouknight has a chance to be an NBA player. Which is good since we need some pro prospects. Do you realize it's been almost 7 years (2012 draft with Drummond) since we had a lottery pick and almost 5 years since we had a first round pick (Shabazz in 2014)? UConn used to churn them out left and right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley spoke at a breakfast for the Bristol Boys Club this morning. I wasn't there but a friend of mine was and Hurley said he thinks Bouknight has a chance to be an NBA player. Which is good since we need some pro prospects. Do you realize it's been almost 7 years since UConn sent a player to the NBA?

Rodney Purvis disagrees with you.

Reaction Score
As does Daniel Hamilton and Shabazz Napier

Shabazz (5 years ago) was our last 1st round pick with guaranteed money, and it's not going to change this year. That's not the sort of track record recruits are looking for. We need some of these high-ceiling recruits to come in, be coached up, and cash in.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
That's not exactly what you think of when you hear the term send guys to the NBA. Bazz, yes but Hamilton and Purvis are G league players who got a cup of coffee in the NBA. HooperScooper's statement isn't wrong.

He said we hadn’t sent a player to the NBA in nearly 7 years. 7 years ago is 2011. The plain language of his statement was wrong.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He said we hadn’t sent a player to the NBA in nearly 7 years. 7 years ago is 2011. The plain language of his statement was wrong.
I think he misspoke, he meant to say we haven’t had a lottery pick in 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom