James Bouknight Unofficial Today (6/12) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Unofficial Today (6/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I liked his athleticism and skill combo too, but we don’t know how bad his injury was or how he has recovered. Who cares what his ranking is if he’s going to struggle to stay healthy? And if he’s worthy of his ranking, why is our stiffest competition for him UMass and VCU? Tons of red flags here. I trust Dan Hurley’s judgment, but this isn’t as cut and dry as you’re making it out to be.

A torn miniscus as a junior in high school is not an injury you would be worried about two years later. It's not like an ACL.

Whether he's good enough to want -- and if that is why top schools aren't after him -- I have no opinion on.

Reaction Score
We need to land a big time PG for 2019.
That’s the absolute 1st priority.
Don’t get your hopes up. 2019 is a shallow year for PGs, and quite frankly we're not on many highly ranked ones.

We have a sliver of a chance for Rocket Watts and Anthony Harris, but both are long shots. Those are the only 2 consensus top 100 PGs we've offered that we have a shot with.

Other targets include Isaiah Wong and Jalen Gaffney, both of whom I really like but both have significant other interest and I wouldn't say we lead for either at this point.

Then as a deeper target there's Al-Amir Dawes, who is about 200th in the class. I would say Dawes is our most likely commit for PG. He's had solid EYBL numbers (good volume scoring and assist numbers, but slightly below average shooting percentages). He's good, but not "big time" as you put it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Don’t get your hopes up. 2019 is a shallow year for PGs, and quite frankly we're not on many highly ranked ones.

We have a sliver of a chance for Rocket Watts and Anthony Harris, but both are long shots. Those are the only 2 consensus top 100 PGs we've offered that we have a shot with.

Other targets include Isaiah Wong and Jalen Gaffney, both of whom I really like but both have significant other interest and I wouldn't say we lead for either at this point.

Then as a deeper target there's Al-Amir Dawes, who is about 200th in the class. I would say Dawes is our most likely commit for PG. He's had solid EYBL numbers (good volume scoring and assist numbers, but slightly below average shooting percentages). He's good, but not "big time" as you put it.
Better chance with Harris than with Watts at this point right?

UconnU

Reaction Score
Is Bouknight Jellyfam? I noticed some grapes in the video.
Yes he's affiliated. He grew up playing street ball with them

Reaction Score
Has a similar build, shot and flow to Jeremy Lamb. Seems like a great fit with the team...hopefully he commits soon!

Reaction Score
Better chance with Harris than with Watts at this point right?
Harris is a heavy VT lean according to Slater. I really don't think we have much of a shot there.

Watts has a million suitors, 2 being huge in state schools, and he just got a FSU crystal ball pick. We may get an OV from him, but I don't like our odds.

Not sure who we are in a better spot with, but I'd be shocked if either ended up here.

Reaction Score
A torn miniscus as a junior in high school is not an injury you would be worried about two years later. It's not like an ACL.

Whether he's good enough to want -- and if that is why top schools aren't after him -- I have no opinion on.
I was gonna say. A torn meniscus isn't a big deal at all. It's an extremely common injury

Reaction Score
Shows a lot of athleticism, body control, and basketball skill in this mixtape and I am not referencing the dunks. Looking at everything else though, he has great natural movement, and puts the ball in the hoop many different ways. 6'4, 6'5, 190 with length. Showing a lot of transition defensive stops in that tape and that's athletic. Seems to me we have been on this guy for a while. Gotta trust these 4 excellent coaches to make the right choices.

Reaction Score
He's the top prospect in New England a top 75 kid, if he wants to commit you take it. 6'5 athletic guards don't grow on trees.
Top prospect in New England??? What?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We need to land a big time PG for 2019.
That’s the absolute 1st priority.

I think we need a SG much more than a PG. We have a Freshman coming in at PG, and Gilbert is a McD AA PG who is only a sophomore eligibility wise. At SG next year all we have is a senior in Vitale.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I think we need a SG much more than a PG. We have a Freshman coming in at PG, and Gilbert is a McD AA PG who is only a sophomore eligibility wise. At SG next year all we have is a senior in Vitale.
Playing with smaller guards has really caught up to us. Need more size in the backcourt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, we won two championships with smaller guards THIS FRIGGIN DECADE, but that's the reason we've sucked the last two years.

Agreed. I do think Hurley wants bigger guards for his style of play. B. Adams is 6'4", so I'm not sure what the issue is. Our very first Hurley freshman is a big guard.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I do think Hurley wants bigger guards for his style of play. B. Adams is 6'4", so I'm not sure what the issue is. Our very first Hurley freshman is a big guard.

That's fine if you want to recruit bigger guards. Hurley gets to build a team however he wants before anyone should be criticizing it. But for a team that won with Kemba and Shabazz, and then Shabazz and Boat, playing together to think guards being too small is what hurt us is absurd.

UconnU

Reaction Score
How active is campus during summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads