James Bouknight Released | Page 7 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Released

Reaction Score
It’s been a year since the DWI, once an NBA team wants to move on from you they bench you. Hopefully he has been clean since then.

Reaction Score
He's looking at the G League or overseas until the summer. He'll get another shot in summer league, at which point he may end up with a 2-way or a league minimum deal. The scoring talent is there. Ultimately I don't think he'll take it seriously enough. I do like the China idea. Get him on Jalen Adams's team, let them ball out together.

Reaction Score
Brandon Miller has recently been looking like the 2nd best rookie after Wemby, Mark Williams has played well when healthy, PJ Washington played well enough for the Mavericks to trade their big offseason acquisition for him, Melo was ROY. Charlotte didn't ruin Bouknight, Bouk did(so far), too much blaming the organization in this thread.

Reaction Score
James is still only 23. He’ll need to get a lot stronger but he was finally shooting the ball decently. Did anyone think DiVincenzo would be playing at the level he now is playing at? He‘s 27
I always thought DiVincenzo was awesome.

Reaction Score
Brandon Miller has recently been looking like the 2nd best rookie after Wemby, Mark Williams has played well when healthy, PJ Washington played well enough for the Mavericks to trade their big offseason acquisition for him, Melo was ROY. Charlotte didn't ruin Bouknight, Bouk did(so far), too much blaming the organization in this thread.
10-41

Reaction Score
No one here has defended Bouknights bad decision making, the Hornets are starting a guy who beat up a woman so let’s not act like the Hornets are on some high moral ground. It’s a combination of Bouks off the court problem and he just hasn’t been good. If your averaging 20 ppg and your not in a jail cell your not going to get cut.

Reaction Score
10-41
I'm talking about individual performance, all those guys I mentioned have played well and got paid/will get paid(Bridges would have too if he wasn't an abuser). None of those guys got released before their rookie contract ran out and have their career hanging on by a thread. It's not the Hornets fault Bouk didn't come into the organization and do what he was supposed to do.

Reaction Score
Ok so do we actually know what he has or has not done since his arrest?
Before that he had numerous speeding tickets, going at dangerously high rates of speed. Despite my candor I was on good terms with James until the Big East tournament first half cramp fest. To me, he let his teammates and coaches down by his activity the night before, which led to dehydration the next day. That to me was a bridge too far. Since then we have patched things up and at this point I just pray he expels the posse and focuses on maturing and professionalism.

Reaction Score
The off the court stuff is one thing hopefully he’s been clean since last it’s also because he just hasn’t been good. Jason Kidd had several DUIs in his career and hit his ex wife allegedly, you think a team was cutting him?

Reaction Score
Don't see how people look at Hurleys quote and see him claiming that Bouk needs to be babysat. All he said is that he needs to be in a structured organization, of which Charlotte clearly is not.

Prior to the NBA, Bouk had always been successful. Sometimes it can be a shock to go to a bad situation when all you've known was structure and success. Hopefully this serves as positive catalyst for Bouk.

Reaction Score
Where do you put Chet?
Overall for me it's still Wemby and then Chet for rookie rankings, just over the last 3 weeks Miller has been playing pretty well and looks the part of a future elite wing after people tried to dunk on the Hornets for drafting him over Scoot Henderson.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't see how people look at Hurleys quote and see him claiming that Bouk needs to be babysat. All he said is that he needs to be in a structured organization, of which Charlotte clearly is not.
One poster extrapolated and got a few likes. Then 3 or 4 more picked up on and mentioned babysitting. It's reasonable to assume that the word reflected a number of people's worldview or life experience for a variety of reasons.

Nobody criticized Zagoria for not asking the obvious follow-up questions: "You really think there's a program or programs that do what you're saying is needed? Do you think there's one that's going to do that? With him?" At this point, it's lower-hanging fruit to just dismiss the comment out of hand and use a slur to drive the point home. I appreciate your digging a bit deeper into the matter by referencing the words as quoted, but I don't think it'll generate much consideration.

Reaction Score
No. We need to keep winning. It doesn’t matter whether we get guys into the NBA. We need to get players who fit Hurley’s system. Whether they go to the NBA or the Hartford or UConn law school after they finish playing.
Do you by chance watch basketball? Can you point me in the direction of the guys who lead teams to NCAA titles and then get jobs at insurance companies?

I watch UCONN basketball and oddly enough all the teams we had that won rings, had NBA talent on them. Weird!

Reaction Score
It is sad, but when I saw this post I assumed it meant he was released from states custody

Reaction Score
He’s a young immature former lottery pick probably can’t figure out how to live on 150k. But needs to learn.
My son lives in 55k a year in jersey and owns his own home. 150K is enough to get him through till he gets a job playing basketball or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom