James Bouknight OV 9/14 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight OV 9/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The “and maybe Indiana” comment on where he will take OVs is such s good sign. I think he wants to stay in the North-East. This kid is so good, sans the injury I think he is a top 50 player. Anyone who follows NYC basketball knows how good this kid is. As a sophomore he single handedly won LaSalle that state championship.

I'm salivating just reading this...

Reaction Score
Realistic wish list...

Gaffney 1A Dawes 1B at PG
Bouknight at SG
Precious at SF
Kofi option A, Mitchell option B as a big
Wild Card or save for 2020 or a grad transfer

Reaction Score
Mitchell not happening

Disheartening. Also...I forgot about Akok....I know Cuse leads but seems like he's an option. Wahab or Shedrick can be backup options for Cockburn....really hope we can get him though.

Reaction Score
Ouch
Meh I'm ok with it. Good player but physically limited, so he doesn't protect the rim or rebound out of his area. Tough to win at the highest levels with a big like that.

pj

Reaction Score
Mitchell not happening

Explains why they are involved with Tshiebwe. Looking for a quality big, and Kofi is far from a sure thing.

Reaction Score
Not in good shape with many other centers if we miss on KC.
Are we still recruiting Akok and Tyrese Samuel? We just need another body that can slide to the five when needed

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Explains why they are involved with Tshiebwe. Looking for a quality big, and Kofi is far from a sure thing.

Insiders correct me if I’m wrong, hasn’t Tshiebwe been a heavy WVU lean for quite some time?

Reaction Score
Insiders correct me if I’m wrong, hasn’t Tshiebwe been a heavy WVU lean for quite some time?
I honestly don’t think it would have mattered. He really likes WVU and unless Kentucky offers (which they may), he’ll go there.

Are we still recruiting Akok and Tyrese Samuel? We just need another body that can slide to the five when needed
Hurley hasn’t watched Samuel all year so I think we can cross him off the list too. Probably for the best. Lackluster numbers in EYBL and internationally.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We may have to go with a grad transfer next year as a backup to Carlton, and really nail 2020. It wouldn't be a huge blow if we can land a decent 5th year. Don't really want to gamble with that though.

Reaction Score
Didn't we say the same thing about bonzie colson?
Not really IIRC? He was undersized, but even early in his high school career it was clear he was a monster rebounder because of his wingspan and quickness.

Perfect example of a guy rated ~100 spots lower than he should've been because he doesn't project well to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Give me 2 of Bouknight, Quinones, Dawes, Gaffney along with Achiuwa + Akok/Cockburn and I’m thrilled.

Reaction Score
Not really IIRC? He was undersized, but even early in his high school career it was clear he was a monster rebounder because of his wingspan and quickness.

Perfect example of a guy rated ~100 spots lower than he should've been because he doesn't project well to the NBA.

My understanding was that the ratings were for NBA potential and not college potential. If that is the case then it would not be surprising for someone outside the top 100 to excel in college but not be a quality NBA player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom