James Bouknight interviews | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
alright guy usually I just _____ around with you because I think you’re entertaining but here it is: you’re full of _____.

I know we have to treat you with kid gloves because you’ll get your feelings hurt and throw a tantrum and take your ball and go home but there it is. Your desperation to be right about everything, or to make people think you have some kind of inside information, is pathetic. You think normal people communicate with people they actually know through an internet message board? You think that doesn’t make you seem ridiculous?

No one has been as consistently wrong (about a variety of things) over the last few months as you have been. On all kinds of topics (beyond basketball) most of which you’ll never acknowledge. As far as I know you have never once been capable of a rational back and forth with someone.

you think it doesn’t sound absurd when you say you “had James’s back” and your evidence is a post where you said “the dude is good”? Get out of here.

he will get access to better nutrition, coaching, and strength and conditioning at the pro level than he would in college. He is going to sign a guaranteed contract. The fact that he said in the immediate aftermath of a bad tournament loss that he didn’t want to leave means nothing. If he didn’t think leaving was the best decision he wouldn’t leave. Period. Caron wept at his press conference. It was still the right decision.

hate to deviate from my “Chief is a clown, treat him as such,” but when your delusions lead you to say you’re winning an argument on the merits when you are 1000% in the wrong and just spouting your usual nonsense I feel compelled to respond. Wish him well and move on (he’s not your friend anyway).

and while we’re at it: you were never prevented from posting about the Ollie situation because you were under a “gag order.” Everyone with a quarter of a brain laughed at that.
Happy Robert Redford GIF

Reaction Score
As usual you are consistently wrong. I had James back after the incident - nothing to do with my talent assessment. James recognizes he wouldn’t have the options he has today, if some people didn’t have his back then. Many of the Casual Fans, who criticized James then are the same people who criticize Chief’s advice now.
LOL - You also got to get out of your throwback 1980’s basement. Chief is multi lingo and communicates with people he knows in a variety of ways by leveraging technology and direct people’s skills. I actually think that’s the norm today, not an exception. In short, you have a steep learning curve to navigate. Good luck!
Most stuff Chief knows, Chief doesn’t post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think it's called the G League. Guessing you are only a "casual fan".
It’s a league you don’t want to know. It’s a Developmental league. Wish Chief could have monitized “Casual Fan” - that really took off.

Reaction Score
You get a loan, pay interest on the loan, to pay a premium, to get the injury insurance, so that you can choose to NOT make $15 million and instead play basketball for free for another year with the slight chance of making $18 million but also a pretty good chance of making $12 million.
The player doesn’t pay for the insurance.

Reaction Score
Yes basically challenged his integrity...NOW he is his friend.
No I didn’t challenge his integrity but I said his “circle” aka advisers were supporting that idea, which was true. I also said they had his best interest at heart. Chief, Munch and Shaun just had a difference of opinion on that - it was not an integrity issue. I think they think today their advice was correct.
Many well intentional Casual Fans also are not accurately stating Chief’s advice. It was to come back and play this season but to also stay another year. If he wasn’t coming back another year I thought he should have stayed out.

Reaction Score
14 posts ago now.
Just need to correct all your and others misstatements of facts
I feel like a clean-up crew after an elephant parade with you and @BigErnMcCracken. Amazing how poorly informed you both truly are. In retrospect, I realize the statement I made in your mind, gave you the green light to sprout unchallenged mistruths, but now Chief has put you back on your heels.

Reaction Score
The player doesn’t pay for the insurance.
Many of them absolutely do. Some schools can use NCAA Student Assistance Fund money to pay for it, but not every school can or will.

Reaction Score
Many of them absolutely do. Some schools can use NCAA Student Assistance Fund money to pay for it, but not every school can or will.
UConn players don’t pay for it.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You are not good at reading comprehension, but you talking about dunking does make Chief laugh.
Pay no attention to bigern and 8893. They are casual fans.
Your true fans are with you chief. Keep doing what you do. So glad you’re back.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As someone who has known James from before the recruiting dam break, I agree he’s a great kid. I wish him the best pursuing his dream.
However, do I think it would have been in his best interest to come back to built a stronger foundation off and on the court - I absolutely do!
In many ways, I have more faith and confidence in James than the folks who want him to rush through things and not do things the right way. I have confidence he will be great by being great! That’s the difference in mindset between Chief and the Casual posters who say all kinds of nonsense because it sounds like they care about what’s best for James rather than actually having James do what’s best for him long term.
The right thing is to go get that money

Reaction Score
Pay no attention to bigern and 8893. They are casual fans.
Your true fans are with you chief. Keep doing what you do. So glad you’re back.
I don’t blame Casual Fans for disagreeing with me on this because there are some fairly unique factors Chief is not willing to share. But, having said that when posters think they are dunking on me by dunking in a 3 foot Fisher Price basket, then that’s a problem. But Chief plays the long game and doesn’t sell out my sources, coaches or squad.
I know some others get it too, who have messaged me.

Reaction Score
Solid 1st round draft pick. Guaranteed roster spot and money. That’s the goal, the only goal that matters. What’s there to discuss?

Reaction Score
Better yo

Better your short term life and future term as a 20 year old
I think he would make lots more money if he played a productive season and entered the 2022 draft after leading his team deep into the tournament demonstrating leadership and professionalism. We know the athletic ability is there but with the professional approach, additional strength and conditioning - his game will be elevated.

Reaction Score
Someone didn’t pay attention during their present value class
I hope he goes as high as some of the beloved Casual Fans think. But, the more important thing is that he has the foundation for the next contract, which has the potential to be multiple times larger.
Even with the first contract, it is better to wait a year and be top ten rather than bottom 10 of first round.
But Chief arguments are really based on other factors, which are important to James and Chief. Do you care what makes him happy or what he feels he needs to work on? I do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He could use the year to his body’s benefit for sure but the injury/financial risk is too great. I don’t like it but I get it.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I hope he goes as high as some of the beloved Casual Fans think. But, the more important thing is that he has the foundation for the next contract, which has the potential to be multiple times larger.
Even with the first contract, it is better to wait a year and be top ten rather than bottom 10 of first round.
But Chief arguments are really based on other factors, which are important to James and Chief. Do you care what makes him happy or what he feels he needs to work on? I do.
You of all people probably shouldn’t give others advice on when to make a business decision about leaving. He doesn’t have the option to crawl back with his tail between his legs. ?

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
This thread had some promise before it was derailed. It is such a casual fan move to think James should come back for his damn junior year. It would be a negative arbitrage

Reaction Score
You of all people probably shouldn’t give others advice on when to make a business decision about leaving. He doesn’t have the option to crawl back with his tail between his legs. ?
You have no idea what actually happpened.
The Maryland Briefs back OP received 55 Likes, 134 replies and over 6k views - not exactly crawling back - LOL. Chief was overwhelmingly welcomed back after receiving requests to come back from numerous people. Envy is not a healthy emotion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104