James Bouknight interviews | The Boneyard

James Bouknight interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd highly reccomend watching two YouTube videos James did. The one by espn and the video of his press conference. I would have asked James if he plans on coming back to uconn to finish his degree.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Would also recommend the interview he did during conference play with John Fanta, and any of his postgame availability interviews. We on this board have often cast Bouk as a 'mystery man' -- if you seek out his interviews you can certainly get a sense of his personality and values etc. .. he seems like a really good kid

Reaction Score
Would also recommend the interview he did during conference play with John Fanta, and any of his postgame availability interviews. We on this board have often cast Bouk as a 'mystery man' -- if you seek out his interviews you can certainly get a sense of his personality and values etc. .. he seems like a really good kid

As someone who has known James from before the recruiting dam break, I agree he’s a great kid. I wish him the best pursuing his dream.
However, do I think it would have been in his best interest to come back to built a stronger foundation off and on the court - I absolutely do!
In many ways, I have more faith and confidence in James than the folks who want him to rush through things and not do things the right way. I have confidence he will be great by being great! That’s the difference in mindset between Chief and the Casual posters who say all kinds of nonsense because it sounds like they care about what’s best for James rather than actually having James do what’s best for him long term.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As someone who has known James from before the recruiting dam break, I agree he’s a great kid. I wish him the best pursuing his dream.
However, do I think it would have been in his best interest to come back to built a stronger foundation off and on the court - I absolutely do!
In many ways, I have more faith and confidence in James than the folks who want him to rush through things and not do things the right way. I have confidence he will be great by being great! That’s the difference in mindset between Chief and the Casual posters who say all kinds of nonsense because it sounds like they care about what’s best for James rather than actually having James do what’s best for him long term.
Who is having him rush through things? Stop the nonsense please!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
At this point, there's a tether ball quality to your posts on this subject.

Reaction Score
Who is having him rush through things? Stop the nonsense please!!!
I hope things go well for James. Chief has a long track record of thanking guys and supporting them leaving early when they are ready. I will thank James but I can’t support this and nor do I think he really does. This will be my last post on the subject.

Reaction Score
I hope things go well for James. Chief has a long track record of thanking guys and supporting them leaving early when they are ready. I will thank James but I can’t support this and nor do I think he really does. This will be my last post on the subject.
agree with Chief. Can’t blame Bouk for taking the short money, but it’s seems rather clear that he would be well served if he matured his body, game and performance mindset. The close out performances under intense competitive pressure speaks to his readiness quite clearly in my mind. Glad to be 100% wrong.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The guy you are responding to is a clown. No sense in wasting your time with him. He actually believes the nonsense he posts.
Now this is actually a subject worth getting into. Does he? 00 certainly appears at times to be getting high on his own supply but there are other moments (he liked Ern's reply there) where 00 seems in on a the joke.

honestly I wouldn't take multiple personality disorder off the table. he's had multiple poster disorder at times.

Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter what I think (and I won’t post anymore about that) or what you think.

One thing I know is Bouknight doesn’t want to leave, even as recent as hours after his announcement. Others want him to leave for their own reasons or because they think that’s what’s best for him.

@BigErnMcCracken - So when you put yourself up on a pedestal and pretend you are supporting what he wants for himself, it just shows how detached from reality you are and how you define the popular phrase that Chief coined “Casual Fan”.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
It doesn’t matter what I think (and I won’t post anymore about that) or what you think.

One thing I know is Bouknight doesn’t want to leave, even as recent as hours after his announcement. Others want him to leave for their own reasons or because they think that’s what’s best for him.

@BigErnMcCracken - So when you put yourself up on a pedestal and pretend you are supporting what he wants for himself, it just shows how detached from reality you are and how you define the popular phrase that Chief coined “Casual Fan”.
Didn’t you say the post before this one would be the last one about Bouk?

Reaction Score
Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

Reaction Score
The RIGHT way?....I try not be be an automatic contrarian. Casual posters? Condescend much? Do WE care...in the long run, we hope he makes the best decision for HIM and wish him no ill will. I guess that is caring.

Reaction Score

Kind of like getting a new job for more money-didn't want to leave the one we were at-HAD to leave.

Reaction Score
This is all so simple. You're 20 years old and someone comes up to you and says "I think you have potential and based on that I want to offer you a job. The pay is between $4 and $6 million for two years work, and if you work out, then there will be significant raises in the future. It doesn't require you to do anything illegal or put you in mortal danger. It requires a lot of domestic travel, but the company will make all the arrangements and pay for everything. Do you want it ?"

The only correct answer is "Yes". Then after accepting you ask then what exactly the job entails. The guy says your job will be to play basketball. At that point you start laughing. And you never stop.

Reaction Score
The RIGHT way?....I try not be be an automatic contrarian. Casual posters? Condescend much? Do WE care...in the long run, we hope he makes the best decision for HIM and wish him no ill will. I guess that is caring.
If condescending is stating facts vs. feel good self righteous nonsense - count Chief in.

Reaction Score
@8893
Different subject not what I think but what he thinks. Boom!
You are putting your value system on top of someone else.

Reaction Score

You already broke your promise.

Hard to think of a poster who has consistently dunked on himself as much as Chief over the last few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom