James Bouknight Highlights | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I was never a fan of Bouknight. I always felt he should have been better than he was and did more than he did. When I look at my list of top 50 Huskies, James isn’t in there. Too many young people think they are entitled and deserve everything before working for and earning anything. There’s a reason the coach doesn’t play him many minutes.
You tell him. All those reps you put in on the remote during his gamedays, and he probably didn’t even have the decency to be a fan of yours.

Very impressed btw by your ability to tell he didn’t put in any work.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
You tell him. All those reps you put in on the remote during his gamedays, and he probably didn’t even have the decency to be a fan of yours.

Very impressed btw by your ability to tell he didn’t put in any work.
He may put in “the work” but his attitude is clearly a problem. Anytime a player yells at their coach, it’s a problem.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You weren’t around for a quote so I went with the next best thing.

Lamelo bumping heads with Borrego isn’t exactly top secret.
IIRC there was a situation earlier in the season with Lamelo and Borrego exchanging words on the bench, but I don’t remember the specifics. I have also been under the impression that the two of them don’t have the closest relationship to say the least.

Reaction Score
The same thing happened with Borego in PHX with Mikal Bridges

Reaction Score
It doesn't say what the one with the fake quote written by the 20 year old Bangalorean does, so not really. It actually says the opposite.

These are the types of incidents that can fracture a locker room and cause players to pick sides. When the team’s dirty laundry is aired out in the open for everyone to consume and play amateur detective, giving them the ability to search for any and all clues to prove there’s some discontent between the coaching staff and players, it could spur more problems.

Or do the opposite.

“I feel like we’re a whole brotherhood,” LaMelo Ball said. “So, I feel like you should just pull you in closer, be tighter and let it out on the floor next game.”

He’ll get no argument from Bridges. He’s confident that will happen.
“Everybody on this team loves each other,” Bridges said. “So it’s not hard for us to stay together and come together. I’m not worried about that. I know we’re going to stick together. We just got to grind it out. This season is going to have ups and downs and right now, we’re at one of the downs. We’re trying to get back up and I think we will.”

Reaction Score
I'd be fishing the Charlotte waters if I were an NBA GM.
Celtics offer GWill and your pick of any from combo platter of Romeo, Nesmith & PPritchard + a pick.

Reaction Score
I'd love to see Bouk get a fresh start somewhere else, Somewhere he can get regular minutes and really show what he can do. It seems like when he has been allowed to play extended minutes his production has been pretty good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Not exactly a good look getting into it with your head coach, especially as an unestablished rookie. Lack of PT doesn’t justify that.

Reaction Score
Borrego is a clown and doesn't deserve to be an NBA head coach. He's got a lot of talent on that squad, but hasn't done much with it. I don't think this is a Bouk issue. Hopefully he gets traded at the deadline out of the deadbeat organization that is the Charlotte Hornets

Reaction Score
Not exactly a good look getting into it with your head coach, especially as an unestablished rookie. Lack of PT doesn’t justify that.
While I can see what you are saying, the coach apparently has a bit of a history of this type of thing. Not excusing Bouk, just saying it's not totally unexpected given the circumstances.

Reaction Score
It seems that the Pro-Hornets crowd has shockingly disappeared. Gee, wonder why. I called all of this on draft night. I don't take any pleasure in being right, this was always a terrible fit. The success of Melo last year is clear that his talent just exceeds Charlotte's inability to run a franchise. Look at what OKC and Orlando are doing with their first rounders drafted in spots James could have went. Even Ziaire Williams, drafted 10th and on Memphis, is averaging 21.5 mpg over 35 games, 14 starts -- and Memphis is 10 wins better than Charlotte.

Giddey, OKC, 6th pick: 47 gm, 12p/7.5r/6a, 31.4 mpg
Kuminga, GSW, 7th: 41 gm, 6/2.6/0.5, 12.8 mpg
Wagner, ORL, 8th: 55 gm, 15.7/4.5/2.9, 32.1 mpg
Mitchel, SAC, 9th: 49 gm, 10.3/2.2/3.4, 25.8 mpg
Williams, MEM, 10th: 35 gm, 7.3/1.9/0.9, 21.5 mpg
Bouknight, CHA, 11th: 25 gm, 4.8/4.8/1.5, 10 mpg (!)

James is averaging 16ppg when he plays over 20. He would have gotten that on OKC/SAC/ORL/MEM but CHA is too good to play him over 40 games and over 20 mpg? Get that out of here. The Hornets continue to be a joke.

Sadly, I don't see James getting out of this subpar franchise any time soon. If he's lucky, Melo drives Borrego out and they bring in a coach that doesn't try to act like Coach Pop. It's similar to how Bill Belichick (and Calhoun and even Coach K) disciples fail -- you can't emulate the original and expect the same results.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd be fishing the Charlotte waters if I were an NBA GM.
Celtics offer GWill and your pick of any from combo platter of Romeo, Nesmith & PPritchard + a pick.
No they wouldn't. Nesmith was picked in a similar spot in the draft and like Bouk, needs minutes but is blocked by JB. Bouk would be too. They'd trade Romeo for a box of rocks. Grant Williams has some actual trade value the way he has played.

Reaction Score
No they wouldn't. Nesmith was picked in a similar spot in the draft and like Bouk, needs minutes but is blocked by JB. Bouk would be too. They'd trade Romeo for a box of rocks. Grant Williams has some actual trade value the way he has played.
Bouk could take the JRich minutes on the Celtics which Nesmith cannot fill. Regardless of when Nesmith and Romeo were picked (& both were #14 so meaningfully worse than Bouk at 11) their values are now much lower than their draft positions b/c they haven't earned minutes in their 2nd & 3rd years.
So anyway Nesmith and a pick is the minimum to pry Bouk.
Pick + GWill+ Romeo also makes sense

Reaction Score
He's a getting paid to play basketball, but he's not yet a professional basketball player.

Just because Bouk wants something doesn't mean it will or should happen - I don't have a perspective on if he should or shouldn't play more. He should be a grown man and deal with it, sometimes it doesn't go the way you want it to go. It happens in sports and in every other walk of life - just control what you can control - nothing is guaranteed. Fortunately for him he has an agent that can be an advocate with management on PT or getting traded.

I read through these threads on him and I get the picture of a diva that is talented on the court but has little to no idea how to be a teammate. Is that accurate, no idea.

Reaction Score
He's a getting paid to play basketball, but he's not yet a professional basketball player.

Just because Bouk wants something doesn't mean it will or should happen - I don't have a perspective on if he should or shouldn't play more. He should be a grown man and deal with it, sometimes it doesn't go the way you want it to go. It happens in sports and in every other walk of life - just control what you can control - nothing is guaranteed. Fortunately for him he has an agent that can be an advocate with management on PT or getting traded.

I read through these threads on him and I get the picture of a diva that is talented on the court but has little to no idea how to be a teammate. Is that accurate, no idea.
Unless you are in the Hornets locker room on a daily basis there is no way you know how he is as a teammate or if he is a "diva" or not. Just a ridiculous statement to make as an outsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom