James Bouknight Highlights | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
B38282F8-6043-4B4E-9FCF-E0DAC2DC66C6.jpeg

Reaction Score
I was watching the game on league pass, and honestly, I’d be furious if I was Bouk too. Coach puts him in with 14 seconds left in the 3rd Q, rozier takes a shot, nothing abnormal, then suddenly coach sends Bouk to the bench and puts in two guys to start the 4th that have been behind Bouk in the rotation recently in Richards and Ish. It was odd, and I’m sure that set Bouk off. It was odd for Borrego to do what he did. I’m sure there’s more to it then that though.

Reaction Score
I was watching the game on league pass, and honestly, I’d be furious if I was Bouk too. Coach puts him in with 14 seconds left in the 3rd Q, rozier takes a shot, nothing abnormal, then suddenly coach sends Bouk to the bench and puts in two guys to start the 4th that have been behind Bouk in the rotation recently in Richards and Ish. It was odd, and I’m sure that set Bouk off. It was odd for Borrego to do what he did. I’m sure there’s more to it then that though.
It’s way past time to have Bouknight be part of the regular rotation. When he gets minutes he usually plays well and makes things happen. I’m glad he’s a competitor and an alpha instead of cherishing the role of being the bench elaborate handshake guy.

Reaction Score
Not a good look for any of them. Hopefully there is movement this week. Either for James or or Borrego. This isnt sustainable and will only manifest with time.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’ve watched most Hornets games and I am a huge believer in Bouk but he’s just not ready to play meaningful minutes for a good team. He has a lot of trouble staying in front of guys at this level. His attitude on the bench could improve as well, his body language is horrendous, he’s often completely disengaged in the game.

Reaction Score
I’ve watched most Hornets games and I am a huge believer in Bouk but he’s just not ready to play meaningful minutes for a good team. He has a lot of trouble staying in front of guys at this level. His attitude on the bench could improve as well, his body language is horrendous, he’s often completely disengaged in the game.

Of all the players I've ever watched, Bouk is the one whose body language and facial expressions are most misleading. I realize people are going to make judgements based on what they see, but in Bouk's case, what you see is not really what you get.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
His defense could certainly improve, but it’s not like many other rookies are killing it defensively either…the guy who won ROY last year is a subpar defender at best. He wasn’t drafted for his outstanding defense, but his ability to score & that is something the hornets desperately need.

Reaction Score

This is like saying "when Bouknight plays well, his stats are good"... no duh.

Well, yeah. When he capitalizes on opportunities it's a good thing. The problem is that he's not capitalizing on his opportunities a great deal of the time--especially on the defensive end.

Reaction Score
This is like saying "when Bouknight plays well, his stats are good"... no duh.

Well, yeah. When he capitalizes on opportunities it's a good thing. The problem is that he's not capitalizing on his opportunities a great deal of the time--especially on the defensive end.
I understand the selected stats are misleading, and five games isn’t much of a sample size. Playing well leads to more playing time. Still, I don’t think it’s crazy that he could be more productive with more consistent playing time.

It looked like he’s played no more than 7 minutes in 13 games. I haven’t watched more than a few minutes here and there. Has his defense been so bad that he’s unplayable? That’s a sincere question that I’m hoping someone can answer.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone saw this article… What do you make of this situation, would you prefer he gets traded? Is that really what’s best for him?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone saw this article… What do you make of this situation, would you prefer he gets traded? Is that really what’s best for him?

I was never a fan of Bouknight. I always felt he should have been better than he was and did more than he did. When I look at my list of top 50 Huskies, James isn’t in there. Too many young people think they are entitled and deserve everything before working for and earning anything. There’s a reason the coach doesn’t play him many minutes.

Reaction Score
They’re not trading a first round pick halfway through his rookie season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member