James Bouknight Declares for NBA Draft | Page 5 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Declares for NBA Draft

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I guess it feels like COVID has been going on for a long time! But there were fans the season before !
I meant in his final season. But point taken.

Reaction Score
Ah my bad, I thought that was you that suggested he was sitting out with a personal agenda back when he was still recovering from injury.
Your train of thought is difficult to follow. That’s a different issue than what he announced today. But, certain advisers have been consistent, and at the time I said I thought they had his best interest at heart but I just disagreed. In fact, I still do since you asked. But, at this point, we should all support him in his path forward and pray for the best outcomes.

Reaction Score
No offense but making

Im not sure I am buying that he made Uconn rellabant again! A 7 seed and first round loss is a huge turnaround?Uconn is no blueblood in men’s basketball! I guess Duke and Kentucky will be happy with making the big dance next year!

This is not hard, s(i)mp. A few years ago UConn was barely among the top 200 teams in the country. This year they were ranked, made the tournament, have a top ten class coming in, and will have one of their guys drafted in the lottery. Let's not make this more complicated than it is.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Best of luck James, thank you for choosing UConn. May all your dreams come true

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
He should be remembered as the kid who came to campus, stole a car, ran from police, and got off with a light hand slap. As far as basketball; really didn't accomplish much for the TEAM. Don't let the Gampel doors.....

Virtue signaling at it's finest. ____ outta here.

Reaction Score
No offense but making

Im not sure I am buying that he made Uconn rellabant again! A 7 seed and first round loss is a huge turnaround?Uconn is no blueblood in men’s basketball! I guess Duke and Kentucky will be happy with making the big dance next year!
So you enjoyed 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 more than this season?

UConn isn't all the way back. But they're on their way. It's pretty difficult to make such a big jump so quickly. Do you think they would have made the NCAA Tournament without Bouknight this season?

Reaction Score
Kid really loved UConn. Wish him all the best. First time in awhile that I'm excited to watch the NBA draft!!

Reaction Score
Why the hate, it's the truth? In the words of Commander Nathan Jessup. "You can't handle the truth". LMFAO!!!!!
What the heck are you spewing? Any perceived hate is solely on you because you're a piece of____. Crawl back into your hole.

Reaction Score
Why the hate, it's the truth? In the words of Commander Nathan Jessup. "You can't handle the truth". LMFAO!!!!!
DId you... did you miss the 8 games we played without him? We don't make the tournament without him. Making the tournament for the first time in 5 years seems like a pretty good thing that he helped the TEAM accomplish. I'm sure you could ask Polley, Carlton, and Whaley and they were pretty psyched that he was a part of the team.

Reaction Score
For what? He said he wanted to come back but was convinced by others not to. I agree with his gut instincts on this. Perhaps, he knows himself best and what he needs to be successful in his long term career.
Having made the decision now, as I said in another post, I wish him the best. Before that final decision, I was trying to give the best advice I could. What I thought was in his long term interest. Some posters and even advisers forget about the insurance that the school could buy for him to cover the injury possibility, that some raised, as the reason he should go.
Some people are immune to Chief’s good advice, but there isn’t much that you can do but wish them the best on whatever path they choose.

Reaction Score
No offense but making

You have to consider the hole Hurley had to dig the program out of. When he took over, the Program was around 180th on Kenpom. By the end of this Big East season it was up to about 20. That's certainly a rise to relevancy and a big part of it was the productivity of James Bouknight.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I enjoyed watching Bouk play more than any other husky and I've been a fan since about 1981. His ability to score in so many ways is unique. Go make us even prouder, Bouk, and thank you for helping the team take a huge step forward.
Ummmmmm. How did you enjoy watching Bouk more than Kemba or Shabazz? That’s kinda strange.

Reaction Score
Remember the other day when you were crying on the women’s board about the social media trolls coming out regarding the Uconn/Baylor officiating?

Good times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom