James Bouknight Declares for NBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight Declares for NBA Draft

Reaction Score
Tears Reaction GIF

Best wishes to James. Thank you for going to UConn. As with many decisions, the person who makes it, has the power through their actions of having it result in a good one. Good luck and stay in touch.
Chief

Reaction Score
Salute to you BOUK! Appreciate everything you have done to get this program going in the right direction! Now go kick ass in the League

Reaction Score
Whose next? Jackson? Sanogo? Diggins? Hawkins? A Transfer?
i was wondering this myself the other day. i think jackson has a decent chance to make the league as an athlete/defender alone -- think matisse thybulle -- but based on the clips i have seen hawkins has the most pro-like body, pedigree, and skillset on next year's team.

and, of course, congrats to bouk!! anyone who thought it was in his best interest to stay was fooling themselves. can't wait to have another husky in the league.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I’m going to be depressed for a few days but I’ll get over it. I’m going to miss him...

Reaction Score
That seems pretty optimistic, at least for Adama and Jackson.

Anyway, congrats to James. It'll be nice to see a UConn guy on stage again. Wild that it's been so long.
Sanogo is a 4 year player - likely will never play in the NBA. I think Andre Jackson is a two year fix. Hawkins and Johnson ooze NBA potential. At their absolute best, I think they can be prospects similar to allay Thompson and Serge Ibaka. I think we have a Final Four team in 22-23 and Hawkins, Jackson and Johnson are first round picks that year. Too early to tell if Akok can get back on the NBA radar.

Reaction Score
That seems pretty optimistic, at least for Adama and Jackson.

Anyway, congrats to James. It'll be nice to see a UConn guy on stage again. Wild that it's been so long.
I think it's a little pessimistic on Jackson honestly, the talk was always 2 years but I think the injury will push that all back a year.

For Sanogo I know I'm on an island with the thought process but I don't think his time in college is going to improve his NBA prospects. So I'm going with the mindset of him taking the money early, I hope he stays and dominates though

Reaction Score
Good for him. I think he'll take a couple years before he really shines but he does have the talent to get there. Hopefully he gets drafted in the 10-15 range and gets on a half decent team

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think it's a little pessimistic on Jackson honestly, the talk was always 2 years but I think the injury will push that all back a year.

For Sanogo I know I'm on an island with the thought process but I don't think his time in college is going to improve his NBA prospects. So I'm going with the mindset of him taking the money early, I hope he stays and dominates though
Agree with this on Sanogo. I think he’ll go pro early even if he’s not a projected first rounder.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Oh no. Did James litter?

I wish him all the best and I really look forward to seeing him at the next level. He's an exciting player and so much fun to watch. Let's hope he can avoid the Knicks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Agree that Jackson would need to make massive strides to be an NBA pick next year. It's possible, but doesn't seem likely.

Sanogo flashed some ball handling and attacking from the wing late this season. Hurley is talking about face up 12-15 footers. So his time in college seems to be helping so far. Bigs need that more than guards. If he shows that plus improved defense, he becomes appealing to NBA teams.

Reaction Score
Sanogo after next season, Jackson and Hawkins the year after is my guess
Adama Sanogo does not have the skill set to leave for the NBA after next year. He's a 6'9" power forward. Even though he has a soft touch and good footwork those type of players do not exist in today's NBA. He is a great college player but needs to dramatically develop his game facing the basket including a jump shot. Jackson is TBD for reasons we have covered in nauseam on this board and no comment on Hawkins because I haven't seen him play but it sounds like he has all tools. Bouk leaving after 2 years is only going to help the program recruit high level talent. Great day for him and UConn!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom