James Akinjo wins Peach Jam MVP | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo wins Peach Jam MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Akinjo, Carey, Dort, Shittu, Carrigan, Iggy, Mucius, Mathis. Guys its seems every player people want to sign up. Does anyone realize we only have 3 scholarships open.
We can have a total of 13. these guys will make 18.

Jalen Adams is as good as gone, and then consider the inevitable transfer. They can offer 5 and they'd still be alright.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Akinjo, Carey, Dort, Shittu, Carrigan, Iggy, Mucius, Mathis. Guys its seems every player people want to sign up. Does anyone realize we only have 3 scholarships open.
We can have a total of 13. these guys will make 18.

Currently, none of them are committed and there's no conceivable way we sign all five, so let's not worry about having too many players just yet.

Reaction Score
Sweet music to my ears. We went dark on crystal balls for a little while. My faith in humanity is restored.

upload_2017-7-27_23-40-30.png

Reaction Score

Love it. His only red flag is that he has an insanely low 2P FG%. Around 33%. Way too many contested mid range shots and floaters. Shot selection is much more coach correctable than a broken shot though, and his 3PT and FT percentages are very good. Couple that with great passing and some of the best intangibles and clutch performing in the class, and you've got a very good player.

He's also basically the only pure point guard we're recruiting. The Kemba comparisons are a bit much, but he reminds me of a smaller Monte Morris.

Reaction Score
Indiana, UConn and California

It's probably not in UCONN's best interest for his stock to keep rising. We may have another Simi Shittu situation on our hands. Head bang

Reaction Score
It's probably not in UCONN's best interest for his stock to keep rising. We may have another Simi Shittu situation on our hands. Head bang
Simi Shittu was a 5 star before Hamidou Diallo was known outside of CT. He isn't a stock booster really. He was top 10, then fell into the teens, then went back up to top 10, but he's always been on the the best players in his class.

Reaction Score
I want this kid bad in a UConn uniform. Fingers crossed the staff is making him a main priority and not holding off the full court press due to Carey.

Reaction Score
Like what I saw in Highlights but did not see a dunk. Worry that he might overlap with Gilbert. Do we know his real height

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Love his game, very smooth and great court vision (understanding its just highlights).

I see the Napier comps in certain aspects of his game... you can never really tell when a guy has a similar game how it will translate, because a lot of it is dependent on the BBIQ of the player...and not many compare to Shabazz there...but I see some great signs as a floor general.

If his release speeds up a tad and maaaybe raises a few inches, those pull ups and hesitation moves will be deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom