James Akinjo wins Peach Jam MVP | The Boneyard

James Akinjo wins Peach Jam MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

He holds a UConn offer, and Ollie watched him while he was sitting with Kevin Durant over the weekend.

He would pair well with Carey because he is a much better passer. KO and staff did a great job identifying Akinjo and Carrigan as under the radar impact talent, now they have to close before they blow up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really don't care what his name is . It's important to secure JA 's replacement for the 2018 year.
also a good combo. Maybe also a three depending.
That's insures some continuity and a clean transition. That was the most glaring problem 2014-2017
KO had to fill holes with GRads or Juco's .

Reaction Score
Akinjo is really good, but he isn't coming here: Watch the video he's looking to stay local.

Reaction Score
Akinjo is really good, but he isn't coming here: Watch the video he's looking to stay local.

We have a coach who left home and went east for college. I wouldn't rule it out because of that alone.

Reaction Score
We have a coach who left home and went east for college. I wouldn't rule it out because of that alone.

I also felt the emphasis was more on fit than on proximity. He briefly mentioned the fact that the school shouldn't be too far from family, but I take that as one factor in determining fit, not an overriding factor. Here's to hoping he finds UConn to be a great fit otherwise.

Reaction Score
If there's anything I learned from watching Frank Mason these past couple of years at Kansas, its that you have to keep digging for those kids who step up in big games and against big competition. Akinjo and Carrigan did that for their respective teams. Doesn't mean that they'll pop off the box score in every D-1 college game they play, but its an indication that they're likely not the type to shrink when we need them.

You expect the big time prospects (Bagley, Shittu, etc.) to put up solid numbers each game. When the non-top 100 kids do it, and do it consistently, you have to take notice equally as much. Those are the kids you dig for.

Reaction Score
Yes please... one of the tos writers said he has that kemba attitude. (Eye of the tiger, he said it...i laughed)

After reading that, Carey needs to commit ASAP to lock up his spot.

Reaction Score
This kid is my "David Beatty' of the 2018 class. Seems to be very interested in us, and if we dont prioritize him and give him up, imma be pissed

Reaction Score
This kid is my "David Beatty' of the 2018 class. Seems to be very interested in us, and if we dont prioritize him and give him up, imma be pissed
He's our main priority and has been for a while.

Reaction Score
If there's anything I learned from watching Frank Mason these past couple of years at Kansas, its that you have to keep digging for those kids who step up in big games and against big competition. Akinjo and Carrigan did that for their respective teams. Doesn't mean that they'll pop off the box score in every D-1 college game they play, but its an indication that they're likely not the type to shrink when we need them.

You expect the big time prospects (Bagley, Shittu, etc.) to put up solid numbers each game. When the non-top 100 kids do it, and do it consistently, you have to take notice equally as much. Those are the kids you dig for.
Carrington already picked Seton Hall a looong time ago.

Reaction Score
“I’m going to take some visits in the fall and go from there,” he said, adding that UConn, Indiana and California would all get visits.

Akinjo broke down what he likes about each of those programs.

UConn: “That’s a really good school and they’ve always been in the mix. Me and coach (Kevin) Ollie have a great relationship.”

Vegas: 2018 PG James Akinjo knows of three visits

Reaction Score
“I’m going to take some visits in the fall and go from there,” he said, adding that UConn, Indiana and California would all get visits.

Akinjo broke down what he likes about each of those programs.

UConn: “That’s a really good school and they’ve always been in the mix. Me and coach (Kevin) Ollie have a great relationship.”

Vegas: 2018 PG James Akinjo knows of three visits

Nice

Reaction Score
Huh? He's talking about Akinjo, not Carey. You know, the guy whose name is in the title of the thread.
Akinjo, Carey, Dort, Shittu, Carrigan, Iggy, Mucius, Mathis. Guys its seems every player people want to sign up. Does anyone realize we only have 3 scholarships open.
We can have a total of 13. these guys will make 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom