James Akinjo Announcing today 9/11/17 at 5 PM Eastern Time | Page 5 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Announcing today 9/11/17 at 5 PM Eastern Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He looks like he makes shots well beyond the arc with relative ease. One question though, at his size and a true point guard he is basically the same player as Gilbert? Not that it would be a bad thing but at that size can they be out there at the same time? Especially if you have a 6'5" guard going against one of them.

Reaction Score
Wasnt Shabazz 6 feet tall? and Boat was around 6 feet too right? So basically both of them were under 6 feet tall. I def think these 2 could play stretches together. They can be terrors on defense and very hard to stop on offense for a taller guard going against them.

Reaction Score
He looks like he makes shots well beyond the arc with relative ease. One question though, at his size and a true point guard he is basically the same player as Gilbert? Not that it would be a bad thing but at that size can they be out there at the same time? Especially if you have a 6'5" guard going against one of them.

It all depends on the matchup. Some 6'5 guards cant handle the pressure from a little guy, others can. Thats why we need one more 6'3+ guard before we close the 2018 recruiting train. Its important we have some height and length for certain matchups, particlalrly against higher level teams in the tourney.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
James Akinjo reminds me of bazz big time. Similar kind if shooter who is smooth and sees the floor well. Will be a big pick up for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
It all depends on the matchup. Some 6'5 guards cant handle the pressure from a little guy, others can. Thats why we need one more 6'3+ guard before we close the 2018 recruiting train. Its important we have some height and length for certain matchups, particlalrly against higher level teams in the tourney.
You're right, Bazz and Boat didn't do too bad huh, and at this point in our AAC world we would be lucky to get him.

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I feel really good about 4:20

Guys - please unlike this.

I only said 4:20 because I am traveling in the midwest. I don't want my username associated with this kind of shenanigans.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
When I think of athletic ability stamina doesn't come into play.
Confirmed. I was referencing Q's post (made earlier) with my post.

To put into @Chief00 terms Kemba could attend back to back to back * 5 Bunky shindigs while Jalen would stop at 3.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
y

It might be overlooked by many, but it could be said the amount of time/energy that Jalen gave us last year when we decimated by injury could be considered Herculean as well. (unfortunately the team just didn't have the same results)
I would never under value Jalen's gutting out the final part of last season given the condition of his ankle and the record. He showed up every game even as some fans quit on the team. I'll always admire the six guys who pushed themselves at the end. Wish the outcome would have been better. But nothing compares to how Kemba carried the team to win six games in six days.

Reaction Score
Wasnt Shabazz 6 feet tall? and Boat was around 6 feet too right? So basically both of them were under 6 feet tall. I def think these 2 could play stretches together. They can be terrors on defense and very hard to stop on offense for a taller guard going against them.

Neither one of them ever smelled six feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom