James Akinjo Announcing today 9/11/17 at 5 PM Eastern Time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Announcing today 9/11/17 at 5 PM Eastern Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
His age and potential. Adams on the other hand if he's healthy should probably be in a great position to go. There have been kids in the past leaving after one unimpressive year and getting drafted

Age is the determining factor. He will be 23 if he stays fro his sr. year. Being a 23 year old senior and being compared to 19-20 year olds is a big draft negative. His numbers last year given the injuries to Gilbert and Larrier were quite impressive (14.4 points, 6.1 assists, 4.3 rebounds). Any improvement and decrease in turnovers will move him well up the draft board.

Reaction Score
For the inevitable "why hasn't he announced yet" post at 2pm, he's announcing at his high school in Richmond, CA, so it's going to be at 5pm ET.
Thanks, but it's coming anyway....

Reaction Score
An 11 at old says about Chris Paul "he's a floor general that makes everyone around him better". That's Bazz like.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Let's get some more tuna on this boat!!!!!!!

600x600bb-85.jpg

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What are the thoughts? Do we feel good about 5pm? Not so good? Unsure?

Reaction Score
An 11 at old says about Chris Paul "he's a floor general that makes everyone around him better". That's Bazz like.

His game looks a little Bazz-like as well. The video below from the Peach Jam is pretty good. He's not Kemba or AG quick, but he's got a good handle and enough shake and bake to find space for a shot. He doesn't look 6 ft tall so he's gonna need that floater coming down main street.

The one thing that stuck out in the video is that he is not afraid to shoot it from a couple of feet beyond the arc. During Shabazz's freshman year, I was shocked he had the manlihood to pull up 24ish footers early in the shot clock. Calhoun did not take kindly to a freshman hoisting those and I was impressed that Bazz had the stones to take the shot, knowing that he was going to ride the pine if it didn't fall.

Everyone is looking for a big splash/top 15ish kid, and I think putting together a good class helps create gravity for the top recruits to come our way. I hope Akinjo plays for UCONN and I hope he helps our plans for attracting more talent.

Reaction Score
Age is the determining factor. He will be 23 if he stays fro his sr. year. Being a 23 year old senior and being compared to 19-20 year olds is a big draft negative. His numbers last year given the injuries to Gilbert and Larrier were quite impressive (14.4 points, 6.1 assists, 4.3 rebounds). Any improvement and decrease in turnovers will move him well up the draft board.

Jalen had a great year at UConn, and has the desire and attitude, but he excelled as a combo guard who turned the ball over too much. In the NBA, he will have to be a pure point. He needs to show he can play point at the NCAA level without turning the rock over. I am not at all convinced he will be ready to be drafted at the end of this year. Hopefully, he plays like Jr. year Kemba and I'm dead wrong, but he has to show me.

Reaction Score
Definitely has some Shabazz in his game.

We've played two small PGs together in Bazz and Boat, but it seems like Akinjo and Gilbert would take it to a whole other level. Is this a concern?

Reaction Score
Definitely has some Shabazz in his game.

We've played two small PGs together in Bazz and Boat, but it seems like Akinjo and Gilbert would take it to a whole other level. Is this a concern?

Certainly is a concern, but as you pointed out it can work in the college game. They have to be able to play shut down defense on players 4-5 inches taller and not take possessions off. Just saying that makes me want to watch replays of Bazz and Boat shutting down Wilbekin and the Harrison twins tonight....

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Jalen had a great year at UConn, and has the desire and attitude, but he excelled as a combo guard who turned the ball over too much. In the NBA, he will have to be a pure point. He needs to show he can play point at the NCAA level without turning the rock over. I am not at all convinced he will be ready to be drafted at the end of this year. Hopefully, he plays like Jr. year Kemba and I'm dead wrong, but he has to show me.

Exactly. Plus, he's not the kind of athlete that a guy like Kemba was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom