Jamal Coombs-McDaniel 'arrested' | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel 'arrested'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Coombs really wants to turn his life around, he just needs to have a heart-to-heart with Chief.

Reaction Score
fast fwd 15 years......the tilton school 20 year reunion. do you think ao and Jamal Coombs-McDaniel walk the campus alone, smoking a j, finally admitting that they both would have been better off if they just listened to coach calhoun?

Reaction Score
Is Jamal Coombs-McDaniel going to sell his championship ring??

Alcohol is FAR more dangerous than weed. It's baffling how one is legal and the other isn't.

Reaction Score
Sad to see his talent go to waste. As a soph, he scored 48 points in 2 games against PC and Gtown. I hope his knee heals fully and he gets back on track. Perhaps a pro career in a more leaf friendly country? I wish him the best and thank him for his contributions.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Sad to see his talent go to waste. As a soph, he scored 48 points in 2 games against PC and Gtown. I hope his knee heals fully and he gets back on track. Perhaps a pro career in a more leaf friendly country? I wish him the best and thank him for his contributions.

If Amsterdam has a team, he can play for them and light it up in more ways than one.

Reaction Score
Are Khalid El Amin and Richard Hamilton drug addict thugs?

http://articles.courant.com/1999-04...a-uconn-coach-jim-calhoun-police-headquarters

Thug is a loaded word, and pot is not something I associate with it.

To compare the two, though, KEA and Rip messed up once and learned from it - either by abandoning the activity altogether, or perhaps more likely, by making sure they were smarter about not putting themselves in situations where they could be caught.

Jamal Coombs-McDaniel has messed this up 3 times in 3 years (assuming that the suspension for team rules was in the same vein). Had his two arrests happened the other way around, I'd be more sympathetic. First time, out and about with contraband, carelessly breaking traffic laws, putting yourself in a bad situation, and second time, being in your dorm minding your own business and being unlucky enough to be caught by overzealous campus police. Then at least you could say that you tried to learn some lessons. But he did it the other way around and was more reckless the second time.

My theory - and only a theory - was that at UConn, he and his boys from home were being s to other students in the dorm, and one of them said "f these guys" and called campus police, who are always happy to bust an athlete any time (never mind a few weeks after a title). It's pretty hard to get busted for pot by police while in your dorm, even on spring party weekend, unless you call attention to yourself. Maybe they were bullying someone, stole some Cheetos, etc.

Oh well. He may have thrown his career away, but at least he can sit around the porch someday and tell stories about his clutch timeout.

Reaction Score
So if he were a Washington Husky it would be only a seat belt offense, right? He simply choose the wrong college, not dumb or smart, but just the inability to correctly predict the future.

Also known as bad weed.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score

More baffling: peoples Who can't distinguish that one is legal in NY state.

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom