Jalens bad pass cost that game | The Boneyard

Jalens bad pass cost that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
28% FG in the second half lost us the game. However up 4 with a little over a minute to go with the ball and JA throws that lazy pass really hurt. RP missed 3 lay ups in the last 6 minutes also hurt. Offense was horrible in the second half.

Reaction Score
Jalen's pass wasn't the reason why they lost.

It was a team effort. Poor execution on the final play is just one example.

The execution was horrendous over the last 3 plus minutes. How can you possibly have 2 shot clock violations in that time span. Don't understand what KO is doing with his end of game coaching. Does he even set up a play ??? Or just try to kill the clock.

Reaction Score
you can criticize all you want but Miller was fouled on the put back, point blank period. with a make or two we go to OT or win, end of story

Reaction Score
He played very well and had the good drive right before it but he doesn't make that pass and we win the game. I don't put it on a freshman because the older guys made a million mistakes but the pass was a killer. You can see the talent is there but he needs to tighten up a lot of things.

Reaction Score
Amazing how he's the first freshman to ever make a mistake.
Oh course he's not the first freshman to make a mistake, but the fact remains, the mistake was costly and likely cost UConn the game.

Reaction Score
that cost us the game. but we played like 3rd graders the entire half cinci is not good

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
How bout the four straight possessions where our anemic O couldn't even muster up a shot. I guess that had nothing to do with keeping Cincy in the game. It's very short sided to blame Jalen for the loss

Reaction Score
He's a turnover machine. Has been all year.

only real ball handler is too careless to be trusted with major minutes, and overall team has marginal at best offensive players in a terrible scheme.

They are just not that good

Reaction Score
Jalen was fine. The fact he didn't get the ball out of the TO is amazing to me.

Reaction Score
you can criticize all you want but Miller was fouled on the put back, point blank period. with a make or two we go to OT or win, end of story

It's funny when we win these close games where are all the complaints? There is plenty of blame to go around for all of our losses. This isn't on jalen, or ollie, or anyone else. It was a team loss.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Serious question. Is it safe to assume that being down 1 with a dozen seconds or so left that you can assume that unless it's an egregious foul, the ref will almost NEVER call a shooting foul during that period of the game? I feel like teams just hack like crazy in the scramble for the final shot because they know no ref wants to call that.

Reaction Score
Ridiculous. Jalens pass obviously didnt help, but we lost because of this teams inability to score the ball or run any kind of offense. There was not one particular play that lost the game. We stopped them what I believe was 8 times in a row down the stretch and we scored ONCE in that time. These end of the game performances are getting pretty tiresome.

Reaction Score
Can't pin this on a freshman who played well the rest of the game when the core of the team is 2 5th year seniors, a 4th year junior and a sophomore that has played a lot. I'm a big Ollie fan but we have too much experience to be underachieving like this.

Reaction Score
We could've overcome it with better play and coaching, but hard to argue with the OP. That Adams turnover absolutely cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom