Jalen the Key | The Boneyard

Jalen the Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There was a play in the second half where Adams got in the lane, saw Hamilton on the wing and gave Hamilton a no look pass. Hamilton gathered it in, gave a hard fake, took a dribbled and nailed a 12' jumper.

Beautiful.

Reaction Score
There was a play in the second half where Adams got in the lane, saw Hamilton on the wing and gave Hamilton a no look pass. Hamilton gathered it in, gave a hard fake, took a dribbled and nailed a 12' jumper.

Beautiful.

Did you see the one where he drove hard down the right looked like he was going to shoot and kicked it out to DHam who faked his guy in the air and drove for a mid range 12 footer?

:eek: I'm busting your balls Chin ^^^^^^^

Reaction Score
The key was DH second half play. 11 points on 3-5 shooting. DH played poorly in the first half. We need DH to be more consistent.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
JA had some really nice penetrating moves - for sure
However, with less than a minute he pulled that dribble while standing still until 10 seconds left on the shot clock crap - cant do that
That's two games in a row- he's played enough ball - KO is on the sidelines imploring him to move and he replicates the Statue of Liberty- mind boggling
DHam's second half was most impressive but the player of the game goes to AB - if he plays like that -WOW

Reaction Score
JA had some really nice penetrating moves - for sure
However, with less than a minute he pulled that dribble while standing still until 10 seconds left on the shot clock crap - cant do that
That's two games in a row- he's played enough ball - KO is on the sidelines imploring him to move and he replicates the Statue of Liberty- mind boggling
DHam's second half was most impressive but the player of the game goes to AB - if he plays like that -WOW

Have you watched Gibbs and DHam os of late when we don't get shots off gtcam? Jalen is a breath of fresh air with the ball in his hands in comparison. I know what you're saying and agree to a point but him having it at that point is so much better than anyone else, he proves he can create and get to the lane.

Reaction Score
At one point I believe in the 2nd half Gibbs and Purvis were in the game together with Adams and Hamilton on the bench. That is a worrisome situation. Adams and Hamilton IMO should never be on the bench at the same time. A lot of dribbling and heaving goes on.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The key was DH second half play. 11 points on 3-5 shooting. DH played poorly in the first half. We need DH to be more consistent.

Hamilton is much effective over the course of the game when someone alleviates him from having responsibility of initiating the offense. I like Hamilton creating from the wing more than I do from the top of the key.

Reaction Score
Have you watched Gibbs and DHam os of late when we don't get shots off gtcam? Jalen is a breath of fresh air with the ball in his hands in comparison. I know what you're saying and agree to a point but him having it at that point is so much better than anyone else, he proves he can create and get to the lane.

THIS! Adams is simply our best option. He may make mistakes, that's basketball, but with him handling the ball down the stretch we stand a fighting chance. Gibbs not handling the ball late in the game and dribbling out the clock and not even getting a shot off is why we were able to close out this game imo.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Imagine how good he'll be once he starts making the open jumper. Even if he doesn't the rest of the season, he's such a weapon getting into the paint.

That and I'd love for him to develop a left hand during the off-season. To get to the next level he needs to be able to finish with either hand, instead of making wild contortions to put the ball up with his right. But that's a minor gripe, he brings the type of penetration this team sorely needs.

Reaction Score
Huge win. I was a little worried we were going to have another 2nd half collapse, but JA made this play where he drove the lane and kicked out to someone - I think DHam but maybe someone can correct me - and then DHam pump fakes, dribbles up and nails it from 10-12 feet out.

Game over. Only JA can do that.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
And the excitement for Jalen continues. I'm extremely happy to see this team play such good defense. They lose the shooter at times but I don't think every team will shoot as good as some of the teams we've been playing in the AAC come tournament time. The most important thing I've been seeing lately is everyone starting to know their roles. That is so important. Facey gave us some big minutes and Omar is looking like a consistently good starter for us which is such a bonus. I'm excited to see how this team finishes.

Reaction Score
To that win and the rest of the season. He can penetrate and finish. What a fantastic performance tonight after sitting with foul trouble in the 1st.
Yes, and especially with Dham having an up and down game we really needed Jalen to drive a lot in this game. Just love not seeing SG with the ball in his hands as much as that scares me. LOL!

Reaction Score
Huge win. I was a little worried we were going to have another 2nd half collapse, but JA made this play where he drove the lane and kicked out to someone - I think DHam but maybe someone can correct me - and then DHam pump fakes, dribbles up and nails it from 10-12 feet out.

Game over. Only JA can do that.

Tell me there was a hint of sarcasm here? LOL Love it

Reaction Score
Once we have a legitimate second guard that can also penetrate and dish (ala kemba/bazz, or bazz/boat) we will be a completely different team. That's the big piece we are missing this year.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Adams has to have the ball in his hands when he is on the court because he may be the
worse three point shooter on the team. We are playing 4 on 5 when Adams is standing
in the corner waiting for a pass. If Adams can't handle the ball, then Omar should be standing in the corner. His jumper does not have consistent three point range and he really needs to work on it this summer. He seems must more comfortable a fews steps in
with his jumper. Adams' game is hurt somewhat by the current obsession of hitting the three ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom