Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks

Reaction Score
There is little reason to put JA in a situation where he rushes a return and risks an even greater injury. It’s simply unwise and for what? a remote shot at winning an AAC conference tourney? No thanks. Kids before selfish program motivations.
This will be on staffs shoulders. If they can get us to the semifinals or god forbid the finals, we are going on a recruiting tear. Period. To take a first year coach with an undertalented, injury prone roster without their best player (preseason POY?) would gain very strong recognition and pique a lot of interest.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I do not get those saying he did not accomplish much in his Uconn career. He played 4 years on a combination of undertalented, poorly coached, and poorly structured teams. Often times he was playing close to 40 min a game and expected to carry the team, sometimes successfully. Oh and by the way 17 more points and he moves to top 10 all-time points for UConn passing the great Wes Bialosuknia. Just being in the same sentence as Bialosuknia when talking UConn means you did something.

Adams should not rush back. He has a career ahead of him in a high level European league at the very least.

Reaction Score
Gilbert needs to play when he is ready and the understanding was it wasn’t a reinjury of the surgical correction. With Gilbert back right away we are a bubble NIT team IMO.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
So what's going to be the starting lineup for tomorrow's game with Adams out and Gilbert seeing limited if any action?

Reaction Score
So what's going to be the starting lineup for tomorrow's game with Adams out and Gilbert seeing limited if any action?
Gilbert, Vital, Smith, Polley, Carlton

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Gilbert, Vital, Smith, Polley, Carlton

I kind of meant more if Gilbert can't/doesn't start. I guess that'd put either Brendan Adams or Sid Wilson into the mix.

Reaction Score
I do not get those saying he did not accomplish much in his Uconn career. He played 4 years on a combination of undertalented, poorly coached, and poorly structured teams. Often times he was playing close to 40 min a game and expected to carry the team, sometimes successfully. Oh and by the way 17 more points and he moves to top 10 all-time points for UConn passing the great Wes Bialosuknia. Just being in the same sentence as Bialosuknia when talking UConn means you did something.

Adams should not rush back. He has a career ahead of him in a high level European league at the very least.

Well let’s not think that him passing The Poughkeepsie Popper is much different than most Huskies in the more modern times. The 3-4 year players of these days are playing 90–120 games and more. Wes couldnt play as a freshman and only ended up playing 71 games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He gets benched the game before and ends his UConn career the next. Honestly I feel terrible for the kid. This is not the way to end it.
My hope is he will start and play the first minute senior night. He will leave the game to a standing ovation. Then the young kids go on to win enspired by that Willis Reed type appearance.

Reaction Score
Can't believe no one has posted this yet. Thanks JA if you don't play again for UConn

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It would be cool if that ever happened in college sports.

Although if there was a career scoring record hanging in the balance based off the sham basket it would make for lively internet debate. Bonus debate points if it was women's basketball.
You mean like Nekesha Sales?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Well let’s not think that him passing The Poughkeepsie Popper is much different than most Huskies in the more modern times. The 3-4 year players of these days are playing 90–120 games and more. Wes couldnt play as a freshman and only ended up playing 71 games.

Chris Smith
Rip Hamilton
Tony Hanson
Shabazz Napier
Ray Allen
Corny Thompson
Ben Gordon
Kemba Walker
Ryan Boatright
Wes Bialosuknia
Cliff Robinson
Jalen Adams

Games played aside I would say that is pretty good company to be in. Wes is the only one with under 100 games played, which I think says more about Wes' greatness as opposed to taking away from the modern guys. I agree though that points scored is not the best judgement of accomplishment as this is a team sport so numbers can be inflated or deflated due to the other four warm or cold bodies out there with you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And no 3 point shot or Wes would be much higher on the list

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom