Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks

Reaction Score
Crazy having a full court shot define your career.. But to expand on previous message. To UConn standards, a lot of nothing.

Although in today's world, a first weekend exit in the tourney is good for us. Unfortunately.
He also played very well in that game. He was a good player for UCONN and won lots of games for us with a bad supporting cast. There is only so much one player can do without a good players surrounding him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All the bozos who said they couldn’t wait until Jalen was gone now have their wish. This is a perfect example of be careful what you wish for.

I am one of those bozos.

I feel badly that it (likely) ended like this for him. He definitely did not deserve that.

I'm not going to miss watching him sleepwalk through another first half though.

Reaction Score
So he'll be fresh for the AAC tourney, which is really our only chance of making something of this season anyway. I suppose that's as good news as we can get, right?
That’s IF he’s back after the minimum amount of time, for a likely futile effort. I wouldn’t be rushing back if it were me; I have a career in Asia/Europe to worry about. With 6 weeks from now being March 22, I think his UConn career is over

Reaction Score
AAC Tournament is 3/14-3/17. Possible return for the tournament. Get well soon JA.

Reaction Score
Well for accomplishments :
1.We won an AAC conference tourney and auto bid because of him and got to the round of 32 whete we lost to a one seed.
2. Almost single handedly ( only creator on the team) took a short handed team relying on freshman like Jackson and a nobody named Vital overcoming a concussion that costs a couple of games we would have won .
Actually that team was on a pretty good roll until he sprained his ankle ,
Playing hurt the rest of the year.
Despite this he averaged 6 assists a game 198 for 32 games one of the top 5 and remarkable. Performances by a UConn guard ever
Also bad ankle and all got us to the third round of tha AAC tourney beating a couple higher seeded teams in the process.
His junior year was devasted by desertions and injuries with resulted in his coach being fired.
Despite this he came back for his senior year and was put in a new position that he wasn’tsuited too and was very uncomfortable with.
I can’t think of a single player who was screwed over more by a program he gave so much for and was appreciated less.
To JA
Get better ,get your degree, and if you want , play basketball for money somewhere
You owe UConn nothing .
Thank You

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sucks for him. Hope he gets healthy and gets into the league. It’s time for the team to build chemistry for next year.

Reaction Score
Well for accomplishments :
1.We won an AAC conference tourney and auto bid because of him and got to the round of 32 whete we lost to a one seed.
2. Almost single handedly ( only creator on the team) took a short handed team relying on freshman like Jackson and a nobody named Vital overcoming a concussion that costs a couple of games we would have won .
Actually that team was on a pretty good roll until he sprained his ankle ,
Playing hurt the rest of the year.
Despite this he averaged 6 assists a game 198 for 32 games one of the top 5 and remarkable. Performances by a UConn guard ever
Also bad ankle and all got us to the third round of tha AAC tourney beating a couple higher seeded teams in the process.
His junior year was devasted by desertions and injuries with resulted in his coach being fired.
Despite this he came back for his senior year and was put in a new position that he wasn’tsuited too and was very uncomfortable with.
I can’t think of a single player who was screwed over more by a program he gave so much for and was appreciated less.
To JA
Get better ,get your degree, and if you want , play basketball for money somewhere
You owe UConn nothing .
Thank You
He was screwed over by circumstance and he screwed himself over.

Reaction Score
A credible sorce told me that Gilbert was ready to go against Temple and probably the previous game. Hurley is being very careful.

Not surprising. Hurley has admitted he's playing the long game

Reaction Score
If his UConn career is over, its really a depressing way for it to end. After getting benched in the second half vs ECU, then getting hurt in the next game at Temple, its really a shame that Jalen never got the chance to redeem himself and that was his final act. I just feel bad for him.

Reaction Score
If he can play, why not try to give it a go one last time in tourney to showcase what he has? It’ll be the last time we see him in the spotlight probably so he might as well try to go out with a bang plus what better way for scouts to see you than in a conference tourney. Europe and Asia will always be there.

Reaction Score
UConn career ended without really accomplishing anything. I really doubt he was expecting this when he committed. sad.

I've been critical of him last year at times, this year early but not always. And while he fell short of expectations in many ways this is a ridiculous post. He did some really good things even without improvement in some areas he should've. Our last 2-3 years without him would've been a laughing disaster, maybe enough to not even get Danny Hurley here.

The kid is hurt and there is zero reason to kick him while he's down. Hope he miraculously makes the AAC tourney although it's doubtful but if not, wish him the best in getting better for whatever is next for him. There is cash to be made for the talented young man and I hope it all works out for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Deff don’t shut Gilbert down for year. If u have to, Then what’s the point? Same thing can happen at any moment again next year coming across a screen. Plus Gilbert needs to get more games under his belt otherwise pretty much back at square one starting for next year. Was not a good sign though he didn’t start the temple game I thought for sure He d be back by then

Yeah I don’t get this suggestion about shutting players down. It’s not like we can tank to get a better draft pick lol

Reaction Score
From what I've picked up from some of the Gilbert news seems a lot of it is mental with him. Gotta get him back out on the court (granted he's cleared by medical staff).
Talk to me goose...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
UConn career ended without really accomplishing anything. I really doubt he was expecting this when he committed. sad.

Your standalone, single-word sentence, "sad" is unpleasantly familiar, as though I've seen it elsewhere.
It reads like a verbal tic skating in ambiguity along on two tracks.
Is it offered as a reliable pronouncement? If so, I counter that you are overreaching and wish you'd speak for yourself.
Is it a personal expression of emotion? If so, I can feel your pain, even if I don't agree with your conclusions.

If I were to follow your example, I'd close with "unhelpful." But would I be trying to get others to go along with me and agree, or just saying that I didn't find it helpful.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
Your standalone, single-word sentence, "sad" is unpleasantly familiar, as though I've seen it elsewhere.
It reads like a verbal tic skating in ambiguity along on two tracks.
Is it offered as a reliable pronouncement? If so, I counter that you are overreaching and wish you'd speak for yourself.
Is it a personal expression of emotion? If so, I can feel your pain, even if I don't agree with your conclusions.

If I were to follow your example, I'd close with "unhelpful." But would I be trying to get others to go along with me and agree, or just saying that I didn't find it helpful.

Or maybe a cry out for closure????

Reaction Score
What is he supposed to do now. Is rest required for a little while and then gradual biking and rehab? I would think keeping the knee active but moving only in the correct hinge position would be beneficial. What say the doctors and physical therapists?

Reaction Score
This team was never making the tournament and would be lucky to make some noise at the AAC tournament before JA went down. Hand the keys to the car fully to AG, let the kids run and see what you have. The rest of this season just sets the table for next year, if that hasn't already been the case for months.

Reaction Score
Maybe team will shockingly play better knowing that there will be no Jalen. Teams have a strange way of stepping up when main guys r missing. Let Gilbert and vital run the show, start cobb and Carlton together, and let’s just play ball with no pressure and fly around like it’s organized streetball- well not steeetball - but u kno what I mean. Maybe polley decides to be a D-1 player in the process

Reaction Score
If he can play, why not try to give it a go one last time in tourney to showcase what he has? It’ll be the last time we see him in the spotlight probably so he might as well try to go out with a bang plus what better way for scouts to see you than in a conference tourney. Europe and Asia will always be there.
Agree 100% - saving himself for combine is a waste on two fronts, he was never getting drafted by the NBA unless UConn made a miraculous run to the NCAA tournament on Jalen Adams' back. That might be more obviously unlikely now than ever, but it is/was always the only path.

I don't think foreign basketball gives a crap about NBA combines tryouts or Sr camps, if you scored 20ppg for major D1 school you can get a good gig.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Kidding (well, half), but who was UConn's basketball strength and conditioning coach, pre-2015? Can they get him back?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom