Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks

Reaction Score
A credible sorce told me that Gilbert was ready to go against Temple and probably the previous game. Hurley is being very careful.
Well it's time to put him back on the court

Reaction Score
How about this?

Let's remember that his probable last play with UConn was a hustle play diving for a loose ball.

If he dove he wouldn't have gotten hurt. He was standing when his leg was rolled over.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with that. If Gilbert can go then at least he can start prepping for next year in the next few weeks . It will always be a risk to play any game, so can't look at it that way. Everyone else needs to start stepping up.
I kind of agree that I would like to see more of the line up we had for the second half of the ECU game but with Al at point

Reaction Score
From a Cuse fan, I hope he has a full recovery. Kid has a long pro career waiting for him, either in Europe, and if he's very lucky, in the NBA. Look at Quinn Cook, making $ riding pine for the Warriors. Not a bad gig. Not a bad gig at all.

Reaction Score
All the bozos who said they couldn’t wait until Jalen was gone now have their wish. This is a perfect example of be careful what you wish for.
Record predictions? 3 straight sub .500 years. Bad choices. Bad work ethic. Bad luck. Bad times.

Reaction Score
Gilbert getting into games to win now is ridiculous. Take your time. You've got years on the line with this guy.

It's not about winning games in 2019, it's about establishing chemistry with the guys who are going to be here next year.

We shouldn't rush Gilbert back, but we also shouldn't shut him down for the year out of an abundance of caution. There is tremendous value to these next few weeks.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Record predictions? 3 straight sub .500 years. Bad choices. Bad work ethic. Bad luck. Bad times.

You seem awfully confident in such a drastic prediction.

Reaction Score
I get the injury concern, but if he can play he should play. He's not getting these games back, and you don't get game reps sitting on the bench.

Minutes consistency year to year is correlative to improvement and general quality of play.

We've got an opportunity to establish great minutes continuity because only Tarin and Cobb of the available players won't be here next year, and likely neither will be starting from now on.

I'd love to see Gilbert, Vital, Wilson, Polley, and Carlton starting and getting a majority of the run.

Reaction Score
I am one of those bozos.

I feel badly that it (likely) ended like this for him. He definitely did not deserve that.

I'm not going to miss watching him sleepwalk through another first half though.
I'm with you. Fair or not, the 2nd to last memory of Jalen will be him getting benched in the 2nd half of a game more than halfway through his senior year for insubordination. He just never became "the guy" we all thought he would. Some have it inside of them and some don't. The fire never seemed to burn for him.

Certainly wish him well going forward though. He will make a living playing basketball somewhere if he wants too.

Reaction Score
This news obviously sucks. But there is a silver lining here. These guys will have no excuse next season. They’re get a 6 week trial run on life without Jalen. They should be prepared next yr

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Outstanding. Voodoo is powerful.

Reaction Score
I hope Jalen can get on the floor for a few minutes for the home finale against Temple. His freshman year raised expectations for a much better run than we have had since then. The holes in the lineup prevented that. Jalen has much to work on to maximize his game and I hope he can get to that place in the future.

Reaction Score
You seem awfully confident in such a drastic prediction.
Just suffering from eeyore disease. Would like some real positivity instead of blind hope. To think the last few years were topped by a dissolved top 5 class. A firing. Sanctions. A new AD. A new president. And 2 players from a sub .500 team flirting in and out of the league. Yes the Hurley hire seems good but this damn injury bug is doing more to us than anything. I feel once boat got hurt in the aac tourney that bug has made a home. I can’t recall the last time we traveled with a full roster.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He gets benched the game before and ends his UConn career the next. Honestly I feel terrible for the kid. This is not the way to end it.

Reaction Score
Senior Night will be his last hurrah. Hope everyone the University, Team and Fans there makes it truly special, as he'll never get the 'demonstrative' admiration from us again.

Play his highlights, have him record a speech or just do something notable, he can't go out like this.

Reaction Score
They had a kid at Orlando's Moore High that had missed all season with an ACL...On Senior Night tip off, they sent him, leg brace and all, out on the floor stationed under the basket. Moore won the tip off and threw it down half court where the kid scored his only points of the season.

Left the floor with fans standing..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They had a kid at Orlando's Moore High that had missed all season with an ACL...On Senior Night tip off, they sent him, leg brace and all, out on the floor stationed under the basket. Moore won the tip off and threw it down half court where the kid scored his only points of the season.

Left the floor with fans standing..

It would be cool if that ever happened in college sports.

Although if there was a career scoring record hanging in the balance based off the sham basket it would make for lively internet debate. Bonus debate points if it was women's basketball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm with you. Fair or not, the 2nd to last memory of Jalen will be him getting benched in the 2nd half of a game more than halfway through his senior year for insubordination. He just never became "the guy" we all thought he would. Some have it inside of them and some don't. The fire never seemed to burn for him.

Certainly wish him well going forward though. He will make a living playing basketball somewhere if he wants too.

It's cliche-ish but Jalen never seemed to play with the desperation and passion of each game, each half, each possession would be the last time he ever laced up. It's a low blow based off nothing other than watching a ton of basketball but he looked like he played because he was supposed to be doing it rather than he loved doing it.

I don't wish him any ill will. Hope the kid graduates and becomes a productive member of society for the next 70+ years. Not worried about UConn basketball moving beyond him.

Reaction Score
There is little reason to put JA in a situation where he rushes a return and risks an even greater injury. It’s simply unwise and for what? a remote shot at winning an AAC conference tourney? No thanks. Kids before selfish program motivations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom