Jalen Gaffney visits UConn, Xavier up next (Zagoria) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney visits UConn, Xavier up next (Zagoria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think expecting a kid who could become a millionare playing basketball to for go the opportunity to get a degree that will get him a job on a construction site is absurd.
Edit: I don’t mean to imply Vital or Gilbert will be leaving.This post is a response to the post from bigeastluva.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Methinks everybody here is all jacked up waiting to hear if Jalen commits and thus we have some inclined to go way off on tangents about all manner of issues.

As a Casual Fan, with no inside contacts I'm willing to divulge at this time, it seems to be a big reach to reconcile how CV or AG could think of leaving after this year.

There was no interest in CV after last year and where he'd play in the NBA at 6'2" is just one question. As to AG, he seems to be the epitome of what you want in a player, whether it be athletically or as a person outside of sports, but unless he shows Kyrie Irving skill this year is it likely any NBA team would risk a draft choice on a player with such a long injury history after one good year? We should all hope so and nothing would be better for him but the NBA is a business and they're pretty risk averse.

pj

Reaction Score
I think we get 2 years each from Vital and AG, Jalen gets to learn the PG ropes for a year under Alterique's tutelage much like Kemba and Shabazz learned from a final-year master, and we're all very happy.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He said play right away. That does not mean start and play 40 minutes.

He said the new kids were going to play right away. And asked if that meant Gilbert would be leaving. The only reason for that would be playing time or change of scene. I just don't think that's a scenario that warrants even considering.

Reaction Score
Zagoria took down the article and replaced it with this.

“Danny Hurley has always had athletic guards who can score the ball,” current Team Rio and former Rutgers coach Mike Rice said. “Going back to St Benedict’s/Wagner and URI, he fits into that mold perfectly. And I said before once his body catches up to his athleticism and skill set, he’s gonna make UConn nation very happy to have him.”

Said Westtown coach Seth Berger: “Jalen is a super talented player. He’s becoming a leader and has always been a great teammate. UConn is getting a star.”

Jalen Gaffney to UConn | Zagsblog

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He said the new kids were going to play right away. And asked if that meant Gilbert would be leaving. The only reason for that would be playing time or change of scene. I just don't think that's a scenario that warrants even considering.
No I don’t think Gilbert would be leaving , if that’s what you mean. I think Gilbert will be a star player if his injury doesn’t come back on him, which I don’t think it will. Gaffney will play, he won’t ride the bench his freshman year, but he will undoubtably start the game with his butt parked there. As all freshmen should, except exceptional cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom