Jalen Gaffney visits UConn, Xavier up next (Zagoria) | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney visits UConn, Xavier up next (Zagoria)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jalen Gaffney visits UConn, Xavier up next | Zagsblog

“[Their message is] he can come in and play right away,” AD Gaffney, Jalen’s father, said Sunday. “He is the beginning of getting back to Final Fours, Championships and producing NBA draft picks.”

UConn recently landed 2019 shooting gaurd James Bouknight, and have pitched Gaffney and Bouknight on playing together.

“They need a point guard and a wing in their 2019 class,” AD Gaffney said of Bouknight. “They now have their wing.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Does this article get released if Gaffney planned on committing? Feel like they would've told Zags to wait? But maybe I'm wrong.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Does this article get released if Gaffney planned on committing? Feel like they would've told Zags to wait? But maybe I'm wrong.

They don't tell Zags anything. Why would htey?

Reaction Score
He will probably call the other schools tomorrow and then announce as I posted previously.
That is the least gagged you have been in a while. I like it.

Reaction Score
How in the name of heaven could Alterique go anywhere after this season? CV could go to europe or somewhere but AG is not a tall kid with NBA prospects and this is his first real year of play. He’s gonna sit out to go to another year of college after 2 redshirt years? Let CV go if wants fine but we need 4 guards going into next year and there’s plenty of PT to go around.

Reaction Score
How did this thread turn into a speculation of Alterique leaving after this season? Where would he go?
Can this poor dude play a season for us first?
It was one comment which made no sense, but exactly. I think AG is capable of amazing play but let's be real about his pro prospects, he's 5'9"? There's 0 chance of him going elsewhere to sit out as I see it.

Reaction Score
Alterique was a McDonald’s AA who has Chris Paul in his cell. The kid probably had dreams of leaving after sophomore year. Instead, he is waiting to play a season while some of his friends are already millionaires. Do you honestly think he’ll be playing here until he’s 23? Especially when he can make money overseas based on athletic ability alone? CV is gone no matter what. I think Rique gets through a full season, he’s gone. Has to sell with his stock high.
Sorry I didn't see your post. AG=Chris Paul? Holy crap, where are my FF tickets?

Reaction Score
I think we get 2-3 years out of Alterique if he can stay healthy. There will be some rust this year but I think he's more mentally equipped to handle struggles by being broken down by the lost years due to injuries. We rise in the valleys and reading that Courant article a few months ago, he clearly was in some dark spaces that he rose out of.

I suspect if he has a healthy year, by the end of the year, he will be one of the two best guys on the roster. He will be terrific next year and then have that decision. If we are trending way up, maybe he comes back to make a run a la the program GOAT, Shabazz Napier (GOAT for play but also staying through the mess and leading).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom