Jalen Gaffney update | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From 247:

Florida now seems out after getting five-star point guard Tre Mann, so that visit will not take place next weekend. Instead it seems like Clemson will move into that weekend, with UConn the following weekend, and then potentially Xavier after that...

...With the Gators landing their guard, this is definitely good news for the Musketeers. Clemson has been pushing very hard, and they have made themselves a threat, while Connecticut is also a major factor. Xavier has built a tremendous relationship with Gaffney and his father, so that could come in handy. However, this one will not be easy, as Danny Hurley has ties to the area, and the Connecticut brand still means something in the Northeast.

Reaction Score
From 247:

Florida now seems out after getting five-star point guard Tre Mann, so that visit will not take place next weekend. Instead it seems like Clemson will move into that weekend, with UConn the following weekend, and then potentially Xavier after that...

...With the Gators landing their guard, this is definitely good news for the Musketeers. Clemson has been pushing very hard, and they have made themselves a threat, while Connecticut is also a major factor. Xavier has built a tremendous relationship with Gaffney and his father, so that could come in handy. However, this one will not be easy, as Danny Hurley has ties to the area, and the Connecticut brand still means something in the Northeast.
Man o man. None of these dam recruits will be easy.

Reaction Score
EBA0F3C1-8BCC-4E18-96B5-3E7570F0C67B.jpeg

When a kid’s dad throws @tcf15 an RT you know it’s real.

By the way, Gaffney’s dad seems like the man if his Twitter is any indication.

Reaction Score
ESPN including us in the P7 narrative is huge:
If UConn and Memphis come back
With Cinncy , WSU, Houston, SMU , Temple it’s certainly a power conference. with some serious history. Tulsa wasn’t even a bad B.B. add
Too bad Aresco was so late to realize it.
The Fla schools are in their own class.
ECU is the dubious add except as a football only but they’re in and it looks like they are trying to improve on the court.
Even Tulane has great academic credentials sort of our NW, or Vandy
That perception push and UConn winning are the only recruiting tools we need

Reaction Score
ESPN including us in the P7 narrative is huge:
If UConn and Memphis come back
With Cinncy , WSU, Houston, SMU , Temple it’s certainly a power conference. with some serious history. Tulsa wasn’t even a bad B.B. add
Too bad Aresco was so late to realize it.
The Fla schools are in their own class.
ECU is the dubious add except as a football only but they’re in and it looks like they are trying to improve on the court.
Even Tulane has great academic credentials sort of our NW, or Vandy

It’s probably recency bias, but I really wish that the AAC never added Tulane, Tulsa or ECU. All were having a decent stretch of football at the time, but they have really downed the AAC image since joining, and have been good at practically nothing. I don’t really see them being any good in the future either, at best a middle of the pack team in football or basketball. Really bogging down the perception of the AAC when there are actually quite a bit of stories/successful programs.

Wish we could just replace those 3 schools with like Boise St, army (football), and maybe like Utah or even San Diego state (though I will say that these teams will make travel even worse for UConn)

Reaction Score
It’s probably recency bias, but I really wish that the AAC never added Tulane, Tulsa or ECU. All were having a decent stretch of football at the time, but they have really downed the AAC image since joining, and have been good at practically nothing. I don’t really see them being any good in the future either, at best a middle of the pack team in football or basketball. Really bogging down the perception of the AAC when there are actually quite a bit of stories/successful programs.

Wish we could just replace those 3 schools with like Boise St, army (football), and maybe like Utah or even San Diego state (though I will say that these teams will make travel even worse for UConn)

Tulane is fine.

Agree that ECU and Tulsa were short sided

Reaction Score

We talked to the western schools. There wasn't enough money in it to justify the travel.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I can't take the words Clemson and basketball seriously together.

The only way he goes to Clemson is if there's money involved, and with everything I've read, he doesn't seem like that kinda kid (nor from that kind of family).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

You could have summed it up with just this. If UCONN wins (and puts kids in the League), kids will come. Pretty simple.

C

Chief00

Is it a good city, though?

Back in the 80’s or early 90’s on a business trip to the southwest I stayed in the same hotel as The U (University of Miami). They were an impressive football team getting off the bus. Lots of swagger in those days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Back in the 80’s or early 90’s on a business trip I stayed in the same hotel as The U (University of Miami). They were an impressive football team getting off the bus.

Love ya Chief <3

Reaction Score
We talked to the western schools. There wasn't enough money in it to justify the travel.

Makes sense, guess that’s why we took those 3 schools in. There’s literally not a single other non power 5 school I would rather have over no school at all that’s on the eastern hemisphere / not in Texas

C

Chief00

I’m probably the only Husky fan in Oklahoma, but Tulsa is a lot nicer than Hartford. Don’t even think it is close. I lived in CT for most of my life and it pains me to say it.

There’s not a lot of poverty in OK. Most people are doing fairly well. Nice but very affordable homes.

Reaction Score
Tulsa isn’t a bad city.

I agree with Chief - christ, hell is now freezing over.

When I lived in KC I had two clients in Tulsa was there a few days every week.

Look it's in Oklahoma and that's a BIG drawback, but Tulsa isn't that bad and WAY better than Hartford - good restaurants, good bars, easy living if you chose to live there. I was there when they had the E8 teams when Bill Self was the coach. Reynolds was a good play to see a game, it's not Gallagher Iba or Allen Fieldhouse, but it's a fine gym. I'm sure that in the ensuring 15 or so years since I was last there it's gotten even better - the city, not the hoop team.

Reaction Score
Clemson isn't a basketball school...but they made it to the Sweet 16 last year, before running into Kansas.

They are not the program to be a perennial tournament team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom