Jalen Gaffney to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney to UConn

Reaction Score
Wow, Danny Hurley is getting me too hyped up. He's organized, focused, able to develop and follow a plan, and seems to have put together a staff that is just as committed as he is to making UConn great again. Will Chief be making and distributing the celebratory hats?

"Coach [Dan] Hurley laid out five things that stuck with me
," Gaffney told ESPN. "The style of play, opportunity to make an immediate impact, exposure, player development, and trust. I trust Coach Hurley, he's won everywhere he's been, and I trust the entire staff and have a great relationship with them."

Assistant coach Kimani Young, who also spearheaded Bouknight's recruitment, has a relationship with Gaffney's father that dates back almost three decades, and was pivotal to UConn's ability to make up ground when the new staff arrived this spring.

While Hurley's arrival at Connecticut certainly marked the beginning of a new era, he and his staff have worked hard to connect to the program's rich history and, with Jalen Adams set to graduate following the coming season and Alterique Gilbert's first two seasons in Storrs being characterized by shoulder injuries, selling Gaffney and Bouknight on the chance of becoming UConn's latest dynamic guard duo was just the latest example of that.

"We've talked recently," Gaffney said of Bouknight. "He actually kind of started recruiting me himself. I think our games complement each other. We're both athletic and able to score. Together we could be that new duo and help the program get back to its glory days. That was definitely part of the allure of it."

Reaction Score
upload_2018-9-24_11-19-50.gif

Reaction Score
Well said. This was the strategy. Take care of the back court, and now go for even bigger fish. Easier to sell Kofi, Precious and Ak Ak with two 4 star guards in the fold. The Hunt for October is next...

The staff identified our best opportunities, and pressed hard. Now we can spend tons of time big game hunting. Again, it is clear that all the kids we are targeting know the plan and are aware of each other. This will continue to pick up momentum as Jalen and James continue to recruit for UConn. Akok Akok and Kofi are next in sight because they could realistically commit before the season. Precious is the long ball because he will probably wait till the spring.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nah, they'll ignore us and our championships to focus on the Tulsa, Tulane rivalry.

I'm sure the lead will be..."Since UConn's 6th consecutive national championship is a foregone conclusion, what else of interest will be happening in the American this season?"

Reaction Score
I tend to like to sit back and reserve judgement and let things play out a bit before they actually happen... the hot take crowd are mostly mindless just wanting to get their 15 minutes of spotlight with their mouths instead of their actions.

With that being said, there are more than a few people on here that should owe Chief an apology.

He was spot on, and willing to "go there" before almost anyone else about the dam breaking in September. And for anyone who thinks I am a Chief apologist, you can look back and see that he and I have clashed once or twice when I think he was full of it (not on this particular topic, but others).

But, I have to hand it to you Chief. You called this. I bow to your excellence on the dam breaking. GREAT CALL BY YOU SIR.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom