Jalen comes in @ #400 (Valueaddbasketball) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen comes in @ #400 (Valueaddbasketball)

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
From what I understand, it's a reference to gang of "Bloods" from Compton that is currently popularized by rapper Young Gangster, or YG; apparently Jalen is a fan.
Okay...now that is hysterical.

Reaction Score
What am I missing? Before I like it I need to know.

In addition to what's been referenced above, he wears the number 4 and "keep it 100" is a phrase that means similar to keep it real or be true to yourself.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Gang of bloods?

How do I say this for the 1000th time. Out of touch.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gang of bloods?

How do I say this for the 1000th time. Out of touch.
Yes, I'm sure BU boy has all the cred of my teenage daughters and looks just as cool displaying it with his rap knowledge.

Just like your hoops knowledge, of which you've been sharing so much. Must be hidden in between the lines of your stalker posts, following me around.

Really getting beyond creepy, kid. And you lash out at Stain?!? You're out-millenialling him, that's for sure.

Could you fit the stereotype any better? I think not.

Spit fire yo. Go Terriers!

Please.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Yes, I'm sure BU boy has all the cred of my teenage daughters and looks just as cool displaying it with his rap knowledge.

Just like your hoops knowledge, of which you've been sharing so much. Must be hidden in between the lines of your stalker posts, following me around.

Really getting beyond creepy, kid. And you lash out at Stain?!? You're out-millenialling him, that's for sure.

Could you fit the stereotype any better? I think not.

Spit fire yo. Go Terriers!

Please.
My favorite part of this 5 lines of nonsense is that you have sided yourself with Stairmaster. Oh boy talk about walking into dog shiz. My job here is done.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My favorite part of this 5 lines of nonsense is that you have sided yourself with Stairmaster. Oh boy talk about walking into dog shiz. My job here is done.
A hit bird flutters.

I will take your lack of a substantive response as acknowledgement that you got hit, again.

Tell me about Bompton, Brahman. After you look up “Brahman,” that is.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
A hit bird flutters.

I will take your lack of a substantive response as acknowledgement that you got hit, again.

Tell me about Bompton, Brahman. After you look up “Brahman,” that is.
How do you have so much time to type these seemingly random words on this site while simultaneously working as a full-time Walmart greeter?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How do you have so much time to type these seemingly random words on this site while simultaneously working as a full-time Walmart greeter?

Lmao

Reaction Score
Dear 8893 & BU10,

As we approach the New Year. A few days ago one of the greatest fights in message board history went down right here at the Boneyard. The ratings were better than the Thrilla in Manilla between Ollie and Frazier. Stairmaster had front row seats. JMick was there with Molly Querim.

Now that the battle of the century is over with no rematch in sight I have a few words of wisdom that I live my life by every nanosecond of the day.

Here they are:

1) Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier.

2) If you judge people you have no time to love them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I tried to learn both of these key life changing lessons from none other than Husky Nan.

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Dear 8893 & BU10,

As we approach the New Year. A few days ago one of the greatest fights in message board history went down right here at the Boneyard. The ratings were better than the Thrilla in Manilla between Ollie and Frazier. Stairmaster had front row seats. JMick was there with Molly Querim.

Now that the battle of the century is over with no rematch in sight I have a few words of wisdom that I live my life by every nanosecond of the day.

Here they are:

1) Let no one come to you without leaving better and happier.

2) If you judge people you have no time to love them.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I tried to learn both of these key life changing lessons from none other than Husky Nan.
Are you sure JMick wasn’t there with uconnphil’s girl?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Our players must feel they went to the wrong school. Jalen and Terry had much more potential than that.
This mess is costing them a lot more pain than what we feel.

I'm going to suggest they might be part of the problem :)

Just saying

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Nah they make their own pain and the numbers here don't lie David. They could play better and harder, their numbers would be better. But they allow themselves to just be like so many others in their respective positions.
Have to disagree with you on this one. Lack of player development and lack of an offense hurts your numbers.
Hamilton and Purvis are doing better since they left UConn

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Have to disagree with you on this one. Lack of player development and lack of an offense hurts your numbers.

Of course they are part of the problem. But kids with NBA potential came here to stagnate. Coaching affects player development. We haven't seen much of that since 2014.

Reaction Score

Agree to disagree then. Every kid matures and gets better if they work hard enough. Hamilton is the same player he left as just a much more open game now, but still not an NBA player. Rodney had big games for us too but mostly because he made shots but he was an awful finisher missing lay ups all the time that’s not on KO sorry not at all. All good here just can’t blame it all on KO sorry some kids just fall short of expectations.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree then. Every kid matures and gets better if they work hard enough. Hamilton is the same player he left as just a much more open game now, but still not an NBA player. Rodney had big games for us too but mostly because he made shots but he was an awful finisher missing lay ups all the time that’s not on KO sorry not at all. All good here just can’t blame it all on KO sorry some kids just fall short of expectations.

And I think they both might have been drafted under Calhoun.

Reaction Score
A VCU grad told me recently that they weren't heartbroken over Larrier leaving because they saw him as selfish and they also thought it said something that he didn't follow Shaka Smart to Texas. The implication being Larrier may not be the player he was supposed to become, regardless of where he's playing, and maybe, just maybe, Shaka Smart didn't see value in taking him with him.

Just one fan's opinion, but so far Larrier hasn't shown the level of play we all expected. His stats at VCU weren't very impressive either. Very poor shooting percentages for FG, threes and free throws while averaging 6.4 points in 18 minutes per game. You'd think the stats would have been better for such a highly touted recruit. But, he was just a freshman.

Adams doesn't seem to be serious about the game. How many times have we seen him joking around during bad games? He may just be a happy go lucky guy but his demeanor doesn't elicit confidence in his commitment to doing whatever the team needs to win. And, as someone else said, his shooting hasn't improved and that might speak to a lack of commitment to improving his game.

As for Purvis, he was very positive about how the Pro game allows him to play at a faster pace in a more open game. He was not negative about his time at UConn. Maybe he's just too nice to be critical or maybe he was being totally honest about how different the Pro game is and lots of college players turn out to be better pros.

Hamilton always seemed to me to be in his own world. Never smiled, never looked like the game was anything other than a job or a stop along the continuum he expected would put him in the NBA. I always thought he'd be better off focusing on being a playmaker.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

It's called "multitasking", yo.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Our players must feel they went to the wrong school. Jalen and Terry had much more potential than that.
This mess is costing them a lot more pain than what we feel.
If they aren't looking in the mirror while assessing blame they're deluded.

Reaction Score
4Hunnid....losses in a career isn't possible??right lol. Jalen need to learn to be a leader and stop thinking he can turn it up the last minutes of the game. Uconn needs a new identity. Maybe it's time to due away with the all guards system

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom