Jalen comes in @ #400 (Valueaddbasketball) | The Boneyard

Jalen comes in @ #400 (Valueaddbasketball)

Reaction Score
Value Add Basketball - advanced NCAA basketball statistics and % chance of making NBA

It would be interesting if they had a metric like this for coaching huh? huh? huh?

BUT who is our MVP??? Let us all go dizzy working our way DOWN the list!

I literally almost went blind/blinder than I already am scrolling down this list looking for the first player that suits up for the good guys AKA The University of CT.

Can someone help me confirm who our first player is on this list?

Muchisimas Gracias!
BDH

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If just 855 players drop out and go into the pie making business, we'll have 4 of our guys go in the first round. It'll be 2006 all over again.

Reaction Score
What I get from this-we suck, our best players apparently suck, yada yada yada....

Reaction Score
The numbers are ridiculous and don't mean crap. When you start seeing some of the names even after Vital you realize there is little to no value in Value Add basketball.

Nonetheless our "star" players aren't helping our situation.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Vital #244
Jalen #400
Terry #562
Anderson #859

1502 Whaley
1876 Diarra
1959 Cobb
2012 Carlton
2058 Gilbert
2683 Onuorah
2841 Williams
3020 Polley

I only got down to the B's before vomiting, but here are some one-bid league teams that also have at least 4 players ranked higher than 900: Albany, Boise St., Bradley, Bucknell, Buffalo...

Reaction Score
The numbers are ridiculous and don't mean crap. When you start seeing some of the names even after Vital you realize there is little to no value in Value Add basketball.

Nonetheless our "star" players aren't helping our situation.
The value in these numbers simply confirms that Jalen, with the season he is having, will not get many looks in the NBA. He may, however, score 40 in a win for Lakeland.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our players must feel they went to the wrong school. Jalen and Terry had much more potential than that.
This mess is costing them a lot more pain than what we feel.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you don't make your shots, you are not good at basketball, period.

Watching the games should make this obvious.

The only discussion is why they aren't making their shots. It's a long list which when tallied says they aren't good at basketball

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If you don't make your shots, you are not good at basketball, period.

Watching the games should make this obvious.

The only discussion is why they aren't making their shots. It's a long list which when tallied says they aren't good at basketball

I'd argue shot making is just about the only thing Jalen is good at. He'll never shoot a great percentage due to all the bail out shots and desperation 3s when we're down 17, but he's not a terrible point scorer.

It's his passing, ball handling, lack of defensive effort, lack of leadership and horrible body language that make him the player he is.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd argue shot making is just about the only thing Jalen is good at. He'll never shoot a great percentage due to all the bail out shots and desperation 3s when we're down 17, but he's not a terrible point scorer.

It's his passing, ball handling, lack of defensive effort, lack of leadership and horrible body language that make him the player he is.

This makes zero sense. Scoring per possession is everything. The only way to mitigate poor offensive efficency is offensive rebounding and defensive efficiency, neither of which apply to this team.

Our star may not shoot well but, at least he takes a lot of them...

He Is fine as a 2nd, better yet third scorer. As a number 1, he is too easy to stop.

Reaction Score
Jalen has a number of ways to score inside the 3 point line and he’s very creative. It’s just that at his size he needs to be Bazz like was from beyond the line, and he ain’t. I thought that he could shoot a thousand shots a day over the summer and turn Giffey like but alas no. This was like Brimah was going to take that next step every summer and become dominant. This kind of summer transformation just usually never happens. Gilbert would have improved his stats I believe and that has hurt him big time because he has few clean looks.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This makes zero sense. Scoring per possession is everything. The only way to mitigate poor offensive efficency is offensive rebounding and defensive efficiency, neither of which apply to this team.

Our star may not shoot well but, at least he takes a lot of them...

He Is fine as a 2nd, better yet third scorer. As a number 1, he is too easy to stop.

I think he'd be a fine number 1 scorer. The issue is we have inept offensive coaching and only one other player in Larrier that can do anything 1 v 1.

It becomes Adams or nothing. Hence the low FG% on bail out shots or forced 3s.

It's not as if he's shooting 43% and refusing to defer to Napier, Kemba or Rudy Gay out there.

Reaction Score

Sounds like Josh Boone's younger brother. Never understood why Josh had such bad body language and got worse shooting rather than better. Jason Kidd must have been real good as he was able to make Josh look good when they played together.
One of the problems with being a young guy is that you don't realize how much your view on stuff (as shown by body language) actually impacts your actions and that of those around you until you're an older guy sitting there reflecting.
Can't shoot as a team 40% and beat anyone or have any player have much "value".

Reaction Score
Our players must feel they went to the wrong school. Jalen and Terry had much more potential than that.

You’re 100% correct. From the trend I have noticed, Ollie cannot develop players. We’ve had really good players since the championship in 2014, a couple 5* players, plenty of 4* players, and he was not able to push them to be what they were/are capable of. If it were Calhoun we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Reaction Score

Nah they make their own pain and the numbers here don't lie David. They could play better and harder, their numbers would be better. But they allow themselves to just be like so many others in their respective positions.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I see its a website for urban wear. Just trying to connect this to Jalen maybe?
From what I understand, it's a reference to gang of "Bloods" from Compton that is currently popularized by rapper Young Gangster, or YG; apparently Jalen is a fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom