Jalen Carey | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There are a lot of kids in Africa wearing t-shirts that say Atlanta Falcons 2017 Super Bowl champs.

Note to the Millennials, you don't win recruiting battles on instagram. You keep recruiting them until they sign the dotted line. You think this is how Columbus acted? Let me post a photo to instagram, I'm 3/4 of the way through the Atlantic? Hell no, threads like this is how complacency sets in. Take your optimism somewhere else, this is a board for perspective.

Reaction Score
Well, Abu wore one once too!

And also maybe Wayne Selden?

That being said, it's certainly better than him wearing a Syracuse shirt.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Anything is better than a Syracuse shirt ... Trust me (and upstater), I see more than I ever care to in Buffalo.

pj

Reaction Score
There are a lot of kids in Africa wearing t-shirts that say Atlanta Falcons 2017 Super Bowl champs.

Note to the Millennials, you don't win recruiting battles on instagram. You keep recruiting them until they sign the dotted line. You think this is how Columbus acted? Let me post a photo to instagram, I'm 3/4 of the way through the Atlantic? Hell no, threads like this is how complacency sets in. Take your optimism somewhere else, this is a board for perspective.

It's little known among Millennials that Custer was complacent on his way to Little Bighorn because a picture had been posted on Instagram of Sitting Bull smoking a peace pipe. Young kids today just don't know any history.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
IMG_7046.PNG

Reaction Score
I thought @upstater said there were no Syracuse fans in Buffalo?

I took him to mean he can't stand to see even one shirt.

Which jibes with what I see. There are hardly any Cuse fans her, more St. Bonaventure. I dont know why, but Bona has more fans.

Reaction Score
Might go back to days of big time games at Auditorium featuring Bonnies and Canisius. The Stith brothers were big in the 60s at Bona and Bob Lanier followed them and he was a Buffalo guy. Bona was a top ten team and very popular in MSG. In those years Bona was bigger than 'Cuse in hoops.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I took him to mean he can't stand to see even one shirt.

Which jibes with what I see. There are hardly any Cuse fans her, more St. Bonaventure. I dont know why, but Bona has more fans.

Not to derail, I just needed to respond: That is interesting because I don't think that's my observational experience.

I feel like older generations with Little 4 ties root for those schools, and the community gets on board with the locals if they make runs (bona, UB etc.) but in my experience, Syracuse is the generic college hoop fans' team in this area...

It seems clearly the most commonly liked or clothing-represented by far, from my own view. Which makes my dislike for them even larger, and Huskies successes that much sweeter.

Duke is probably 2nd over local colleges, in fact, with the exception of alum/ties. Just general fandom, I see Cuse/Duke around here more than any others, and it sickens me.

Duke does have the Laettner connection here though, so SOME of it can be forgiven.

On to Jalen Carey.

Reaction Score
Not to derail, I just needed to respond: That is interesting because I don't think that's my observational experience.

I feel like older generations with Little 4 ties root for those schools, and the community gets on board with the locals if they make runs (bona, UB etc.) but in my experience, Syracuse is the generic college hoop fans' team in this area...

It seems clearly the most commonly liked or clothing-represented by far, from my own view. Which makes my dislike for them even larger, and Huskies successes that much sweeter.

Duke is probably 2nd over local colleges, in fact, with the exception of alum/ties. Just general fandom, I see Cuse/Duke around here more than any others, and it sickens me.

Duke does have the Laettner connection here though, so SOME of it can be forgiven.

On to Jalen Carey.

I'm in the city so I don't see the Syracuse stuff, or up in Amherst which is UB. Or on soccer fields around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom