Jalen Carey (CG) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey (CG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Jermaine Samuels said he wanted to play in the ACC, ended up at Nova. I'm sure conference matters to some kids, but I doubt it's even top 5 for most

pj

Reaction Score
Fortunately, you don't have to play for a conference, only a team. So if UConn's style of play is good for him it doesn't matter what the AAC is like.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty good breakdown of his game in the article. From what I've seen he reminds me of a smaller, less-athletic Gordon.

He looks taller than Ben Gordon to me.

Ben was 6'2" in sneakers - this kid looks a little taller.

He's been to campus once or twice and big names are already recruiting him - Kansas, Notre Dame, etc.

Reaction Score
Carey reminds me of Jalen Adams. Underranked now, we were in early, and now reeling in offers left and right. Hopefully we get the same result. This kid is an incredible scoring guard. Not sure he's a point guard at all, definitely not even at Jalen's level of a passer. But he's a stud.

Reaction Score
Jermaine Samuels said he wanted to play in the ACC, ended up at Nova. I'm sure conference matters to some kids, but I doubt it's even top 5 for most

Well ACC to Big East is hardly a drop off, regardless of the differences in style of play.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Fortunately, you don't have to play for a conference, only a team. So if UConn's style of play is good for him it doesn't matter what the AAC is like.
You don't actually believe this?

pj

Reaction Score
You don't actually believe this?

In that the style of play of the team you play for is much more important to your success than the style of play of the opponents, yes. Good players need to be able to play well against any opponent. But they don't need to play well within every system.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In that the style of play of the team you play for is much more important to your success than the style of play of the opponents, yes. Good players need to be able to play well against any opponent. But they don't need to play well within every system.
Sure, maybe for some kids. But Carey literally said it matters to him. I know Samuels said it too, but there isn't a huge drop off from the ACC to the Big East.

Reaction Score
Sure, maybe for some kids. But Carey literally said it matters to him. I know Samuels said it too, but there isn't a huge drop off from the ACC to the Big East.

Carey emphasized style of play. The article implies the B1G would be out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom