Jalen Carey (CG) | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey (CG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

As @husky99 pointed out a month ago, the staff has fallen in love with this kid and he seems to now be the top target.

UConn: “They have been hitting me up often lately. I spoke to Kevin Ollie; he actually was the one that offered me. I like the way that they play. I was able to get out to their campus and I loved it.”

Seems like we're in a very good spot.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What type of player is he? Shooter? Slasher? Distributor? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
What type of player is he? Shooter? Slasher? Distributor? Strengths? Weaknesses?
Pretty good breakdown of his game in the article. From what I've seen he reminds me of a smaller, less-athletic Gordon.

Reaction Score

As @husky99 pointed out a month ago, the staff has fallen in love with this kid and he seems to now be the top target.

UConn: “They have been hitting me up often lately. I spoke to Kevin Ollie; he actually was the one that offered me. I like the way that they play. I was able to get out to their campus and I loved it.”

Seems like we're in a very good spot.

Hearing we are pushing hard before bigger fish enter

Reaction Score
Pretty good breakdown of his game in the article. From what I've seen he reminds me of a smaller, less-athletic Gordon.
Wasn't Gordon about 6'2? Says Carey is 6'4 on Rivals

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Hearing we are pushing hard before bigger fish enter
Seems like he may be holding out for said bigger fish....

“I want to just get more offers and probably sometime around the end of the AAU season and during my senior year I can make a better decision.”

Reaction Score
Jalen said the same thing, but that kid was always coming to UCONN. He wanted the Kansas offer before he commited. Not saying Carey is in the same position, but sometimes kids just like to validate their play; it's an ego thing. Don't read too much into what kids say.

“I want to just get more offers and probably sometime around the end of the AAU season and during my senior year I can make a better decision.”

Reaction Score

Heard zona, nova, and a few other schools are starting to call

pj

Reaction Score
Chief, maybe you ought to tell the staff to go ahead and do that thing where they try and get him to commit.

Maybe he needs to get more comfortable with his class schedule.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
So is Quinerly not looking like our PG priority anymore?
I don't think we're recruiting a pure point for 2018. Combo guard, wings and bigs.

Obviously if Quinerly gives us a commit we take it, but we're putting our energy elsewhere. Scorers.

Makes sense with two pure PGs coming in 2017 (Alterique & MAL), right?

C

Chief00

Maybe he needs to get more comfortable with his class schedule.
Chief, maybe you ought to tell the staff to go ahead and do that thing where they try and get him to commit.

You don't try - you make it happen. There's a huge psychological difference between the two. It's the difference between a Calhoun type results culture and a Diaco like activity/process culture. Boom!

Reaction Score
You don't try - you make it happen. There's a huge psychological difference between the two. It's the difference between a Calhoun type results culture and a Diaco like activity/process culture. Boom!
Can you please explain that to KO?? I'm sure if he knew that instead of TRYING to make it happen, he just NEEDS to make it happen, our recruiting would be much better.

pj

Reaction Score
It seemed more profound when Yoda said it.

Reaction Score
UConn has been tracking Carey a lot during the April live period (pretty sure we've had at coach least one coach at all of his games), but this is a little discouraging...

He said Seton Hall, UConn and Rutgers are the three schools that have been on him the longest, and those are the only three schools he’s visited. But Carey said Saturday that he felt his style of play was a match for the ACC or Pac 12, with none of those three schools fitting that description.

Four-star guard Jalen Carey blowing up

Reaction Score
UConn has been tracking Carey a lot during the April live period (pretty sure we've had at coach least one coach at all of his games), but this is a little discouraging...

He said Seton Hall, UConn and Rutgers are the three schools that have been on him the longest, and those are the only three schools he’s visited. But Carey said Saturday that he felt his style of play was a match for the ACC or Pac 12, with none of those three schools fitting that description.

Yup asking around

Reaction Score

Of course it all depends on what he actually said, but it does definitely sound discouraging. On the other hand, I can't figure out what that even means. I mean, maybe it's true. Maybe his style of play is more Washington State than it is UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom