Jalen Adams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams

Reaction Score
Gotta give the kid props. He had a really good game. I think his stat line was 31,5, and 3 with only one turnover. We have been rough on him. He stepped up today and that should be recognized and appreciated. This consistently would elevate the level of play and result in a few more W's.

Reaction Score
Acknowledge what? He scored 27 last gane against Tulsa about 20 of those were stat padders when the game was over. 31 today is great but are we really supposed to be overjoyed with a big scoring game against Tulane? The reality is Jalen has been our most talented player the past 3 years and in that span we have a losing record.
You’re saying he should be one of the most talented players not the most talented player right?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He might have had a triple double against Cincinnati if not for foul trouble.

He defers too much. Some might say he lacks that killer instinct others have had.

But there’s no denying his talent. When he wants to score, he finds a way.

Reaction Score
He deserves his kudos today he was very good. Need more of this though vs better teams. He’s the guy needs to live up to that.

He’s been better lately let’s see.

Jalen has frustrated me a lot but he seems to have bought into what hurley wants lately, even in the ucf game when he didn’t play well he played hard, had the right attitude and did what coach asked of him. We should appreciate that he’s trying to be the senior leader. I think it’s genuine.

I wish he improved more with his handle, his jump shot and a few other areas throughout his career which I have mentioned on here several times, but there’s no use in looking back now.

Reaction Score
IWAS THERE IN ATTENDENCE AS ALWAYS
Thought JA focus on defense was not there. Gave up a lot of points on the defensive end. Turning his head not seeing the ball also losing track of his man entirely getting beat on several back door cuts etc..
Still had his shirt out half the time. This aggravates me no end . If you like short shorts dam it get some so you don't have to turn the waistband.
Love CV but he too lost his man on defense.
We're never going to beat a good team until the team realizes THAT DEFENSE WINS.
IF YOU TALK THE DEFENSIVE TALK DO THE WALK.

Reaction Score
Coached a First Team NH REG ALL STATE BB player in the smallest shool in the state and he wasn't my best ever player . That player was on a team that won the most games of any team I coached.
WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOT POINTS.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Hell, those guys had the consistency of rocks compared to this year's crew.
Yeah, that’ll teach me not to use words when I’m not sure what they mean. I meant to imply they were awesome. :)

Reaction Score
Jalen was good today and he was looking for his offense from the start of the game unlike Tulsa game were he was deferring at first. He has to be like this every game as we don’t have enough good players to help him out.

Reaction Score
LOVE that he has himself a game. His jersey is untucked in every picture of him that I see on twitter or Instagram tho. Seriously not a big deal but it is tacky.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
LOVE that he has himself a game. His jersey is untucked in every picture of him that I see on twitter or Instagram tho. Seriously not a big deal but it is tacky.
i'm kinda hoping the 'shirt tuck' thing goes national. big fun--people losin their minds over clothes. rock on, jmoney.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
The 2010-2011 team with Kemba had players like Lamb, Oriakhi, Roscoe, and young players like Olander. We have nothing close to that right now, to be fair.

Bazz had Daniels, an older Olander, Brimah, Kromah, and Facey.

The AA comment may have been too far, but the front courts are night and day apart...

Can’t forget Neil’s in 2014 - he was over 50% from 3 and could defend really well even at the 5 position and without fouling. No one comparable on this year’s team.

Reaction Score
Can’t forget Neil’s in 2014 - he was over 50% from 3 and could defend really well even at the 5 position and without fouling. No one comparable on this year’s team.
Olander was almost worthless ( injuries) by his senior year other than as a cheerleader
and Facey was invisible as a freshman
TSam was a bigger contributor than both.
We were pretty weak in the front in 2014 although Brimah could protect the rim and we managed to hide his other weaknesses.

Reaction Score
He had 28 against Tulsa even sitting with fouls trouble. He was basically unstoppable unfortunately we couldn’t get s stop.
I think it was a mistake telling him he was a two as he was totally unsure what his job was. Lately he has been facilitating more maybe Hurley told him he was still the lead guard ,a role that suits him. The change has been noticeable.
He has 27 in that game, and was plenty stoppable during the portion of the game when the outcome was actually determined, that’s superjohns point.

In the first 34 minutes of the game he had 9 points, 4 turnovers, 4 fouls (including 2 offensive fouls, so really 9 points, 6 turnovers, 4 fouls). In the last 6 minutes of the game he had 18 points, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, including an amazing 9 points in the last 1:17 of the game.

The game was definitely over with 1:17 left, and was pretty much over with 6 min left, so none of those points really have the value you would think they have just from looking at a box score.

We were down 5 at half. We were down 12 with 6 minutes left. Over that portion of the game Jalen had 2 points, 2 fouls, 1 turnover. We’re not winning games against anyone good when he has 14 minute stretches like that, regardless of his final stats in a box score. And unfortunately this year those stretches are not uncommon.

Reaction Score
but he’s as good as a lot of guards in the last 20 years who started at UConn and who were also blessed to play alongside All American caliber players in the fronfcourt.

Here’s a list of UConn players from the last 20 years who started at least 10 games at guard in one season. Who would you have Jalen Adams slotted ahead of? Just trying to understand the meaning of “a lot of”.

Khalid El-Amin
Ricky Moore
Albert Mouring
Taliek Brown
Tony Robertson
Ben Gordon
Rashad Anderson
Craig Austrie
Marcus Williams
Jerome Dyson
AJ Price
Kemba Walker
Jeremy Lamb
Shabazz Napier
Ryan Boatright
Rodney Purvis
Sterling Gibbs
Christian Vitale
Antwoine Anderson

Reaction Score
Coached a First Team NH REG ALL STATE BB player in the smallest shool in the state and he wasn't my best ever player . That player was on a team that won the most games of any team I coached.
WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS NOT POINTS.

I assume your coaching career was over before the 3 point line was even thought of?

Reaction Score
Because I was asked. I would take peak Jalen over the following former UConn guards who have played over ten games in the last 20 years. My criteria is who among the guards during their peak years would likely win more games than Jalen has and will with THIS ROSTER not how Jalen would fit on the rosters the players below were a part of.

Ricky Moore
Albert Mouring
Taliek Brown
Tony Robertson
Rashad Anderson
Craig Austrie
Jerome Dyson
Ryan Boatright
Rodney Purvis
Sterling Gibbs
Christian Vitale
Antwoine Anderson

Reaction Score
Because I was asked. I would take peak Jalen over the following former UConn guards who have played over ten games in the last 20 years. My criteria is who among the guards during their peak years would likely win more games than Jalen has and will with THIS ROSTER not how Jalen would fit on the rosters the players below were a part of.

Ricky Moore
Albert Mouring
Taliek Brown
Tony Robertson
Rashad Anderson
Craig Austrie
Jerome Dyson
Ryan Boatright
Rodney Purvis
Sterling Gibbs
Christian Vitale
Antwoine Anderson

I'd take Boatright, Taliek and probably Dyson off of that list. R. Anderson really doesn't belong as a comparison as he was a pure 2 guard.

pj

Reaction Score
Better than Jalen:
  • AJ Price
  • Kemba Walker
  • Jeremy Lamb
  • Shabazz Napier
  • Ben Gordon
On a similar level:
  • Khalid El-Amin
  • Ricky Moore
  • Ryan Boatright
  • Taliek Brown
  • Marcus Williams
Worse than Jalen:
  • Tony Robertson
  • Rashad Anderson
  • Craig Austrie
  • Jerome Dyson
  • Albert Mouring
  • Rodney Purvis
  • Sterling Gibbs
  • Christian Vitale
  • Antwoine Anderson

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Better than Jalen:
  • AJ Price
  • Kemba Walker
  • Jeremy Lamb
  • Shabazz Napier
  • Ben Gordon
On a similar level:
  • Khalid El-Amin
  • Ricky Moore
  • Ryan Boatright
  • Taliek Brown
  • Marcus Williams
Worse than Jalen:
  • Tony Robertson
  • Rashad Anderson
  • Craig Austrie
  • Jerome Dyson
  • Albert Mouring
  • Rodney Purvis
  • Sterling Gibbs
  • Christian Vitale
  • Antwoine Anderson

EL AMIN???? He's better than Jalen on Moxy alone. Come on now.

So is Marcus Williams.

EDIT: El Amin. Really?????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom