Jalen Adams | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Jalen Adams. A lot of folks have killed him on the board over the last couple of years. Whether it's how streaky his game is, or his smiling while we're losing, or seeming lack of energy during important moments.

One thing I can say is this: without Jalen, i'm not convinced this team wins more than 4 games this year up to this point. It's clear that as he goes, we go. And as much as I love AG, it's Adams that runs the team this year. I'm hoping he stays on current form and hopefully the fellas will bounce back the rest of the year...

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams. A lot of folks have killed him on the board over the last couple of years. Whether it's how streaky his game is, or his smiling while we're losing, or seeming lack of energy during important moments.

One thing I can say is this: without Jalen, i'm not convinced this team wins more than 4 games this year up to this point. It's clear that as he goes, we go. And as much as I love AG, it's Adams that runs the team this year. I'm hoping he stays on current form and hopefully the fellas will bounce back the rest of the year...
And that right there is the problem. We go as he goes and he doesn't go half the time. Even Jalen has admitted as much.

Reaction Score
I feel these rims are better than the XL. More shots dropping. It could also be that no one is playing great defense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll repeat it today.

Jalen's playing time and performance is essential for this team's performance. It is simultaneously detrimental to the program's development.

Granted Tulane is bad, but UConn sure could use a forceful JA against its best opponents rather than waiting to see if he is feeling it for that game.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
And that right there is the problem. We go as he goes and he doesn't go half the time. Even Jalen has admitted as much.

He's playing 8 less minutes per game versus last year and is within a point of his scoring average. He'll probably eclipse it with today's game.

The real problem is that most don't want to acknowledge that...

Reaction Score
He's playing 8 less minutes per game versus last year and is within a point of his scoring average. He'll probably eclipse it with today's game.

The real problem is that most don't want to acknowledge that...
Acknowledge what? He scored 27 last gane against Tulsa about 20 of those were stat padders when the game was over. 31 today is great but are we really supposed to be overjoyed with a big scoring game against Tulane? The reality is Jalen has been our most talented player the past 3 years and in that span we have a losing record.

Reaction Score

He deserves his kudos today he was very good. Need more of this though vs better teams. He’s the guy needs to live up to that.

He’s been better lately let’s see.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Acknowledge what? He scored 27 last gane against Tulsa about 20 of those were stat padders when the game was over. 31 today is great but are we really supposed to be overjoyed with a big scoring game against Tulane? The reality is Jalen has been our most talented player the past 3 years and in that span we have a losing record.

Again, he's playing 25% less than last year and still leading the scoring by at least 4 points a game. Let that sink in for a moment.

If we can get production from any of our front court players, nobody would bring Jalen up as an issue (Carlton had a nice game today). The problem is not where some think it is...

Reaction Score
I too believe we hold Jalen to unreasonable standard. He’s not Kemba or Shabazz who are two of the greatest college guards of the last decade but he’s as good as a lot of guards in the last 20 years who started at UConn and who were also blessed to play alongside All American caliber players in the fronfcourt.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You rather he didn’t score 31 points? Can’t please some people

Reaction Score
I too believe we hold Jalen to unreasonable standard. He’s not Kemba or Shabazz who are two of the greatest college guards of the last decade but he’s as good as a lot of guards in the last 20 years who started at UConn and who were also blessed to play alongside All American caliber players in the fronfcourt.

Who were the AA type front court players for Kemba and Bazz? Were they better, yes but not close to AA. And I see very few who hold him to an unreasonable standard just want him to play hard on both ends and not turn the ball over consistently. He's been much better for 5 of 6 games but needs tho have some of these games vs better teams. He was really good today no denying that, especially on O.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Who were the AA type front court players for Kemba and Bazz? Were they better, yes but not close to AA. And I see very few who hold him to an unreasonable standard just want him to play hard on both ends and not turn the ball over consistently. He's been much better for 5 of 6 games but needs tho have some of these games vs better teams. He was really good today no denying that, especially on O.
Daniels in 2014. And, to be fair, Oriaki and Roscoe were mercurial talents compared to this years crew.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

The 2010-2011 team with Kemba had players like Lamb, Oriakhi, Roscoe, and young players like Olander. We have nothing close to that right now, to be fair.

Bazz had Daniels, an older Olander, Brimah, Kromah, and Facey.

The AA comment may have been too far, but the front courts are night and day apart...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I feel these rims are better than the XL. More shots dropping. It could also be that no one is playing great defense.

More likely, they practice shooting in Gampel all the time. Whereas, the court in Hartford sees little use.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Daniels in 2014. And, to be fair, Oriaki and Roscoe were mercurial talents compared to this years crew.

Hell, those guys had the consistency of rocks compared to this year's crew.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The 2010-2011 team with Kemba had players like Lamb, Oriakhi, Roscoe, and young players like Olander. We have nothing close to that right now, to be fair.

The AA comment may have been too far, but the front courts are night and day apart...

Why oh why does no one ever mention the great Chuck Okwandu when talking about 2011. Baller.

Reaction Score

No one is asking him to carry like Bazz and Kemba just asking him to be as good as he can be. He has been lately but you guys had nothing to discuss at all for a 5-6 game stretch earlier when he was absolutely awful and unnacceptable for that time. Now he's good but don't say we need to lay off when he's bad, he should be good most of the time if he's dialed in. He wasn't for a while that's all, really didn't matter who he was playing with. Not even asking for 20, 27, 31 points just solid, head in the game basketball. He's still at best only decent on D, he takes time off too much. This guys didn't.

Reaction Score
I mentioned Jalen was as good or better than a lot of starting guards we have had in the last twenty years who were complemented by All-Americans not Kemba and Shabazz’ front courts. Who was better than Jalen? Ben Gordon, Marcus Williams, and AJ Price were better. Almost everyone else he is better than or presents a serious debate.

Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll repeat it today.

Jalen's playing time and performance is essential for this team's performance. It is simultaneously detrimental to the program's development.

Granted Tulane is bad, but UConn sure could use a forceful JA against its best opponents rather than waiting to see if he is feeling it for that game.
He had 28 against Tulsa even sitting with fouls trouble. He was basically unstoppable unfortunately we couldn’t get s stop.
I think it was a mistake telling him he was a two as he was totally unsure what his job was. Lately he has been facilitating more maybe Hurley told him he was still the lead guard ,a role that suits him. The change has been noticeable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom