Jalen Adams on Twitter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams on Twitter

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
And you have him as the savior of the program. He wasn’t that good, and didn’t have the physical ability to be more than a spot up shooter.
No I don't. I haven't said anything about him other than "he was a freshman." Of course he was "hot and cold."

temery

What?
Reaction Score
How soon after the season ended did each leave/decommit?

Reaction Score
He led the conference in 3 pt % and made the all rookie team. he was considerably better than Polley.
We desperately needed Jackson this year .
The team offensively certainly would have been much better.
He was the best natural shooter on the team as a freshman even better than Rodney.
He had a slow start but Once he got confidence he was a terrific shooter.
Someone said 48% in Conference. That’s amazing.
When he started clicking. UConn actually looked real good
Winning 7 of 8 and battling SMU , Until JA hurt his ankle. I believe that would have been 8 of 9 . With a healthy JA we certainly win at ECU and become a real threat in the AAC tourney, Maybe the NCAA was out but that team could have been fun in the NIT.
Whaley has better instincts and quickness defensively but was no offensive contributor.Polley showed flashes of shooting ability ,Jackson got the benefit of a short rotation so he played himself into being a confident shooter.We may never know about Polley as he will probably leave.
Basically one more shooter and everyone on the team becomes better.
As for the other two guys Enoch was better than DO and bigger than anyone we had .
Poor footwork and an unwillingness to work on that , hampered his progress.
Carlton has better moves but is less physical.. Enoch was a man Carlton is a kid.
Durham was a great player at one time but whether he could ever get back to where he was is anyone’s guess. We did not see enough of him last year to judge.

Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen what could have happened this year with a squd of Gilbert, Adams, Vital, Larrier, Jackson, Durham and Enoch, coached by someone competent (like the 2014 version of KO).

I’m flipping pissed that KO didn’t work out here. He was one of my top all time favorite players to come through, and he had the foundation to build a long tenure of success here. What the hell happened?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We desperately needed Jackson this year .
The team offensively certainly would have been much better.
He was the best natural shooter on the team as a freshman even better than Rodney.
He had a slow start but Once he got confidence he was a terrific shooter.
Someone said 48% in Conference. That’s amazing.
When he started clicking. UConn actually looked real good
Winning 7 of 8 and battling SMU , Until JA hurt his ankle. I believe that would have been 8 of 9 . With a healthy JA we certainly win at ECU and become a real threat in the AAC tourney, Maybe the NCAA was out but that team could have been fun in the NIT.
Whaley has better instincts and quickness defensively but was no offensive contributor.Polley showed flashes of shooting ability ,Jackson got the benefit of a short rotation so he played himself into being a confident shooter.We may never know about Polley as he will probably leave.
Basically one more shooter and everyone on the team becomes better.
As for the other two guys Enoch was better than DO and bigger than anyone we had .
Poor footwork and an unwillingness to work on that , hampered his progress.
Carlton has better moves but is less physical.. Enoch was a man Carlton is a kid.
Durham was a great player at one time but whether he could ever get back to where he was is anyone’s guess. We did not see enough of him last year to judge.
Pretty spot on.
I had very little doubt this season was going to play differently than it played out. We struggled last year and there was no way the incoming players were better than the losses of Rodney, Kentan, Amida, Steve and Vance. Juwan did not play enough to make a difference. The wildcard was whether Terry and Alterique could make up the difference for those losses. I had doubts given their injuries and need to sit out a season (two in Terry's case) but was hopeful. Alterique going down early ended that hope quickly.

Reaction Score
He may not blame Ollie for those guys leaving. That statement could be used as a defense of sorts for Ollie.
not sure how it can defend Ollie... a good leader would have kept those players happy and would have kept them from transferring... therefore Ollie is to blame because he was unable to keep them. Seems pretty open and shut.... Ollie is to blame...

Reaction Score
It's true that Jackson was bad defensively, but with a team like this, who really cares? We were a train-wreck on both ends of the floor and Jackson would have made us much, much better offensively. There is no way you could have watched him play and not seen an all-conference caliber prospect.

Enoch was one of the worst defensive players I have ever seen at UConn, so in his case it is less clear how much we missed him. He did have incredible tools on offense and almost certainly would have given us more than Onuorah even by accident. At the very least, he would have made us more watchable.

Durham hurt the most because he had game-changing potential on both sides of the court. Whether he was ever going to get there after two knee surgeries was anybody's guess.

I understand the statistical argument that these weren't good players, but anybody who thinks we didn't miss them like hell this season needs their head examined in my opinion. We're talking about a completely different level of talent than Polley, Whaley, and Carlton.

Reaction Score
not sure how it can defend Ollie... a good leader would have kept those players happy and would have kept them from transferring... therefore Ollie is to blame because he was unable to keep them. Seems pretty open and shut.... Ollie is to blame...

You do know coaches lose players all the time right? Doesn't always have to be 100% the coaches fault. Sometimes people are difficult or things just didn't work out how you thought they would. Was it all JC's fault when he lost AO? I don't have the answer but just saying it's not open and shut.

Reaction Score
We missed the continuity of those players probably more than we missed the actual talents, other than Jackson's shooting, although everyone comparing the players year to year needs to account for the likely improvement of the freshman departees (although with KOs development, I guess who knows).

Reaction Score
How soon after the season ended did each leave/decommit?
Enoch - March 24
Vance - March 28
Durham - April 3

Jackson was never going to stay. I’ve heard from numerous people he was talking of transferring as early as January.

Reaction Score
It's true that Jackson was bad defensively, but with a team like this, who really cares? We were a train-wreck on both ends of the floor and Jackson would have made us much, much better offensively. There is no way you could have watched him play and not seen an all-conference caliber prospect.

Enoch was one of the worst defensive players I have ever seen at UConn, so in his case it is less clear how much we missed him. He did have incredible tools on offense and almost certainly would have given us more than Onuorah even by accident. At the very least, he would have made us more watchable.

Durham hurt the most because he had game-changing potential on both sides of the court. Whether he was ever going to get there after two knee surgeries was anybody's guess.

I understand the statistical argument that these weren't good players, but anybody who thinks we didn't miss them like hell this season needs their head examined in my opinion. We're talking about a completely different level of talent than Polley, Whaley, and Carlton.

I mean Vance alone on O would've helped then add Enoch vs Onurah's minutes you're better, not a lot but just have to be. The wildcard of course is Durham, if he's getting stronger in all areas especially confidence he had potential to be a pretty damn good player at some point. But again the knees slowed him down last year so he had a long way to go, no telling with him.

Reaction Score
He was no better than Polly.

If you compare them both at the end of their freshmen year, you have to take Vance. Hate how he left, but can't revise history. I think if Vance came back, Polley would have possibly redshirted ... I don't think Polley would have stole Vance's minutes.

Hoping Polley stays and takes a big step from year 1 to year 2

Reaction Score
Honestly, if you think Polley was better than Jackson, at the very least your evaluation is incredibly off. The idea that Polley is some diamond in the rough needs to cease until he actually does something valuable.
The idea that Jackson is A diamond in the rough also needs to cease until he learns to move his slow feet and play defense. Both have the potential to be decent shooters but have glaring weaknesses in other areas.

Reaction Score
Jackson was just so slow. Had no ability to play any defense. Especially man. We already had Laurier who couldn’t play any defense, didn’t need another guy who can’t play “D”. No place on the floor wher you could hide Jackson.

Enoch was a walking foul, nothing more could be said about him.
I am going to slightly but respectfully correct you. VJ had no desire to learn the defense....He had talent(or has). either way his mind was set early on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom